PDA

View Full Version : Today was my worst day ever in stringing history

Virtua Tennis
11-19-2010, 11:16 PM
I had not one but 10 badminton racquets to restring. I'm willing to bet none of you guys here have ever done one let alone 10 in one day.

Forget being called a MRT (master racquet technician) I think they should make a new CRT stringers level and call it Legendary racquet technician. For guys who can string tennis, squash, racquetball racquets in under 20 minutes and badminton in under 40 minutes.

000KFACTOR90000
11-20-2010, 01:59 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/foreign/content/oldcontent/s2465031.htm

haha - imagine living in this town then !!! :)

video - http://www.abc.net.au/foreign/content/2008/china_racquets_200k.asx

uk_skippy
11-20-2010, 02:59 AM
When I worked in a retail shop I had to strung the batch of original Prince badminton rqts for all our shops. Over the course of 3 days I did in the region of 60. Best day was 23 in 8 hours. Luckily I was using an Ektelon/Neos so I didnt have to adjust the machine after every rqt, and I was using a syn gut.

Regards

Paul

pheonix6579
11-21-2010, 12:20 PM
uk_skippy FTW!!!

big bang
11-21-2010, 04:34 PM
oh yes I have strung more than 10 badminton racquets lots of times:).
Around here badminton is huge compared to tennis and I worked at a pro shop that was located close to a few very large clubs and strung at several pro tournaments and other big events.
Maybe its because I strung like 10 times more badminton racquets than tennis racquets, but I never found it much harder..

Clintspin
11-21-2010, 04:49 PM
How are the Chinese in that town putting any tension whatsoever in those racquets?

Larrysümmers
11-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Do badminton strings pop during play, or is it a feel thing? Also, are there different strings and whatnot like in tennis? Sorry ima badminton n00b

big bang
11-21-2010, 05:06 PM
How are the Chinese in that town putting any tension whatsoever in those racquets?
I didnt get that one??.

Do badminton strings pop during play, or is it a feel thing? Also, are there different strings and whatnot like in tennis? Sorry ima badminton n00b
They sure pop during play, good players crack alot of strings!. And yes there are different strings just like in tennis, gut, syn gut, nylon etc etc. Some strings have better tension maintenance like in tennis, so some players might cut them out if they are not string breakers. But the top players break alot of strings.
15-20 years ago everybody was using babolat vs gut, but the synthetic strings has become very very good since then so you dont see many ppl using gut anymore.

Clintspin
11-22-2010, 04:52 PM
In the second post in this thread a news clip and video clip link are included. In the video you can see them stringing badminton racquets without putting any tension whatsoever on the strings.