PDA

View Full Version : Black Magic vs WC Silverstring vs WC Scorpion

polako
11-20-2010, 07:21 PM
I have all 3 freshly strung in my PDGTs and ready to hit the courts for a test drive. The Black Magic is 1.23, Silverstring is 1.25 and Scorpion is 1.22, all strung at the same tension of 57. Any one care to campare any 2 or 3 of those? Thanks.

bad_call
11-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Scorpion is low powered so that might be a bit too tight. haven't tried SS yet and didn't care for BM...not to be confused with the other BM.

Intro
11-20-2010, 08:03 PM
I've tried Silver String and Scorpion. Both are fantastic but my choice is Silver String. Silver string is amazing in that it feels really crisp, but at the same time soft.

polako
11-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Played with Black Magic today for 2 hours. Honestly, I'm puzzled over the popularity of this string. The string played very nice for the first hour or so, crisp yet soft and comfortable. However, at the end of the first hour, the crosses started to move and there was noticable notching on the mains. At the end of the second hour, the string lost its crispness and became a mushy mess. No wonder it is cheap! Next up, WC Silverstring.

Dez
11-25-2010, 04:23 PM
Haven't tried BM but have played with SilverString and Scorpion. Both are great strings, I feel I get better control and Spin from Scorpion, SS has better feel, more power and is a little softer. Again, both are great, can't go wrong with either!!!
Dez

polako
11-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Have played with the Silverstring 1.25 for the past 4 days, a total of about 12 hours. Really a great string. Still holding up very well. Nice, crisp yet comfortable feel (my stringer said it was indeed soft). Tension loss has been minimal. Great control, just the right amount of power (in a PDGT). The string started moving a bit the second day, but all polys seem to do that in my Pure Drives (this never used to happen when I played with the Pure Storms). The Scorpion, on the other hand, seems like a more ordinary poly, not bad but nothing special (hit with it for about 2 hours so far).