PDA

View Full Version : Forehand frustrations (GRRRR)

bdaniels
06-07-2005, 03:49 PM
My slice backhand is flawless. It's the only shot where I can consistently hit it with good power and accuracy. My forehand on the other hand is ridiculously crappy. I consider myself a 2.5-3.0 player.

To give you guys an idea I rented a ball machine for an hour today. I only screwed up about 5 of my backhands. My forehand however hit about 50% of the balls (out of 100ish) into the net or into the back fence. That means I hit a total of about 150 forehands into the net or back fence today. The rest were weak and inaccurate. I just don't understand the form and the grips all that much...I guess the only answer is to spend some time with a pro and have him help me out.

Kana Himezaki
06-07-2005, 03:52 PM
What grip do you use? Can you describe your motion? What's happening in it?

Are you swinging too much just across, rather than extending through the ball? That's often a result for netted and long balls.

I need more information. Do a search on forehands though, you'll find plenty of good instruction.

bdaniels
06-07-2005, 10:40 PM
I think i found out my problem...the racquet I own is only 8.3 ounces which is way too light for me...i think thats why I mishit on the forehand a lot too or the racquet goes back too far or twists in my hands.

willy89
06-07-2005, 10:53 PM
dont mind me asking, but how much did you rent your ball machine for? haha..i was thinking of renting one also, but dont know where and the cost.

bdaniels
06-07-2005, 11:02 PM
This place in Pleasanton called "Pleasanton Sports Park", it has a huge tennis center with about 12 courts and a center court. You can rent the ball machine for 14 bucks an hour. It's an older machine but it's fun and gets the job done.

http://www.ci.pleasanton.ca.us/pdf/recdirectsp.pdf

It's a good idea to call in advance and book the machine and a court though:
(925) 931-3446

You don't need to bring your own balls, they provide them.

willy89
06-08-2005, 01:40 PM
thanks alot for telling me bdaniels!