PDA

View Full Version : Vs or Kip Legend Uncoated?

nvottennis
11-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Besides price, which although is a huge factor, I want to get the string that has the best features. So whats your personal experience with either or both strings in comparison?

pheonix6579
11-21-2010, 12:48 PM
My vote would be the VS. Overall the best quality string if you just trying gut. I would go for the best.

nvottennis
11-21-2010, 12:53 PM
i forgot to add, but besides aesthetics, does tonic play as well as vs?

GameSetMatch
11-21-2010, 01:05 PM
If a between VS and Legend uncoated, I would also go for the coated string simply because any sort of humidity or moisture is just going to spoil the uncoated string.

VS or Legend coated is more a matter of personal preference though they're both great playing natural guts. I like Legend simply because its slightly cheaper and feels marginally crisper.

Valjean
11-21-2010, 02:12 PM
If you're willing to consider Tonic Plus as well, you should look into Pacific's Classic Gut--the best of the rest, after VS, IMO.

ClubHoUno
11-21-2010, 02:59 PM
You will never go wrong with VS.

I have only tried one set of Klip Legend 17, and while it's an excellent string for the price, I still prefer VS Team.

I have now used more than 30 sets of VS since start of '08, and not once has the VS caused any kind of problems.
No premature breakage and you can play with it in mild rain, no problem.

Klip is a good deal cheaper than VS, so if price is a concern, Klip gives you great value for the money, but VS is a class better in my homble opinion :)

pheonix6579
11-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Yea I would go with the Tonic, unless your a super stickler when it comes to your string. I played with the tonic and loved them just as much as the team, and they are cheaper. I mean the QC with both Team and Tonic are not bad just a supreme level when it comes to the team.

jim e
11-21-2010, 05:16 PM
You will never go wrong with VS.

I have only tried one set of Klip Legend 17, and while it's an excellent string for the price, I still prefer VS Team.

I have now used more than 30 sets of VS since start of '08, and not once has the VS caused any kind of problems.
No premature breakage and you can play with it in mild rain, no problem.

Klip is a good deal cheaper than VS, so if price is a concern, Klip gives you great value for the money, but VS is a class better in my homble opinion :)

I agree with your comments!
For the last couple years I have been posting that moisture and VS is no big problem, as I have hit in a light rain a # of times, (more than I prefer to) , and just towel down the racquet and strings afterwords, sprinkle some powder in the racquet cover to absorb some of the moisture, and all is fine. Others keep posting they do not hit with gut because of moisture issues, and I do not see that at all. As long as you do not keep the strings soaking in water and take a little care moisture is no big deal.

nvottennis
11-21-2010, 09:12 PM
I agree with your comments!
For the last couple years I have been posting that moisture and VS is no big problem, as I have hit in a light rain a # of times, (more than I prefer to) , and just towel down the racquet and strings afterwords, sprinkle some powder in the racquet cover to absorb some of the moisture, and all is fine. Others keep posting they do not hit with gut because of moisture issues, and I do not see that at all. As long as you do not keep the strings soaking in water and take a little care moisture is no big deal.

See, i honestly have no plans on playing in the rain of any caliber. However, i may play on a hot humid day in the spring or summer. Will the moisture get in during those conditions?

larry10s
11-22-2010, 10:50 AM
i play in florida year round.
no problems with vs or wilson natural gut 17(only brands of gut i use)