PDA

View Full Version : mantis comfort or isospeed control

buffalobill3
11-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Which one of these strings feels softer and which has more control and feel?

Thanks, B Bill

mikeler
11-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Which one of these strings feels softer and which has more control and feel?

Thanks, B Bill

Both are soft but nothing can beat the softness of the Mantis. I also liked the control and feel better with the Mantis and it is now my string of choice. Check out my detailed reviews of those two strings and a few others in this thread:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=352048

The Big Kahuna
11-22-2010, 09:40 AM
I agree with BUFFALO BILL. The combination of comfort and playability and VALUE can only be rivaled by two other multis - and I think MANTIS is the best.

√ Yonex Tour Super 850 Pro 16 String 8.95 / no reels available
An innovative structure of high elastic multifilament and our exclusive "Power-Spin Coating" that will generate superior spin while maintaining the response and feel of natural gut. A distinctive "Pre-Stretch" method combined with double winding nylon wraps helps maintain string tension and optimizes playability. Noted: Stringforum reports that string plays well at lower tensions (51#). Pro version stiffer with more control.

√ Mantis Comfort Synthetic 16 String 9.00 / 99.00 reel
MANTIS Comfort Synthetic has been specifically developed to provide a soft string with gut like feel and playability whilst the special double coating enhances durability. Thousands of micro fibres are compressed and then nano coated to provide a core with superb feel. This is covered with highly durable monofilaments before the string is coated by a special elastic resin bonding process.

√ Tourna Quasi Gut String 17 8.06 / 99.00 reel
RSI reviewed: Our playtest team found Tourna Quasi-Gut 16 impressive even for a soft nylon, giving it ratings in the top 20 in four separate categories: 5th overall for Touch/Feel, 6th overall (tie) for Playability, 7th overall (tie) for Comfort, and 11th overall (tie) for Power. Bolstering these results are the teams’ well-above-average ratings for Tourna Quasi-Gut for Control, Spin Potential, and Tension Retention. As a result, Unique Tourna Quasi-Gut 16 is tied for 16th overall out of the 140 strings we’ve playtested to date for publication. Additionally, our playtest team told us that Tourna Quasi-Gut 16 doesn’t sacrifice playability for durability or vice versa.

ManuGinobili
11-23-2010, 12:15 AM
Big big props to the Mantis synthetics... I'm testing the Power poly/comfort synthetic setup at the moment and it packs some serious power (yet controllable).

Before that, I tried a full job of the Power synthetic in a low powered PB9 and was very impressed... probably best full multi job I've ever tried.