PDA

View Full Version : Mantis Comfort Synthetic = Weiss Cannon Explosiv?

Justus_Jonas
11-23-2010, 01:01 AM
Hi all,

has somebody already the chance to compare these Strings?

Just from their Looking (have both here in my hands, but not played so far) and product description it can be the same String.

in this List they are about the same Range in case of Softness:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=349683

any ideas or specific Infos?

Regards JJ

mikeler
11-23-2010, 04:21 AM
KCraig and a few other users on this board think it may be the same string. I've only tried the Mantis but the comfort and price can't be beat.

Kcraig
11-23-2010, 05:33 AM
They are very very similar, even down to the gluey smell:-? However, Mantis is $3.50 cheaper so I would go with it:)

netguy
11-23-2010, 06:26 AM
I've only tested Explosiv! It was a great string (soft, control and power were top) during the first 10 hours, and then I broke it. NRG2 is a better choice.

mikeler
11-23-2010, 06:40 AM
I've only tested Explosiv! It was a great string (soft, control and power were top) during the first 10 hours, and then I broke it. NRG2 is a better choice.

Why is NRG2 a better choice? More durable?

parasailing
11-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Why is NRG2 a better choice? More durable?

I have tried both Explosiv and NRG2 and I prefer NRG2 mainly because it had a more crisp feel to it. Explosiv is a very elastic string when I strung it up, I could see it stretch more like most multis.

If Explosiv plays similar to Mantis Comfort, then I guess that is one less string I have to play test.

mikeler
11-23-2010, 11:02 AM
I have tried both Explosiv and NRG2 and I prefer NRG2 mainly because it had a more crisp feel to it. Explosiv is a very elastic string when I strung it up, I could see it stretch more like most multis.

If Explosiv plays similar to Mantis Comfort, then I guess that is one less string I have to play test.

When I pull the first main on my lockout machine using Mantis Comfort, it takes more length to get the machine to lockout than with any other string I've used.

Mattingly
11-23-2010, 11:10 AM
KCraig and a few other users on this board think it may be the same string. I've only tried the Mantis but the comfort and price can't be beat.

Weiss Cannon strings are made in Germany.

The Big Kahuna
11-23-2010, 02:24 PM
MANTIS Comfort Synthetic has been specifically developed to provide a soft string with gut like feel and playability whilst the special double coating enhances durability. Thousands of micro fibres are compressed and then nano coated to provide a core with superb feel. This is covered with highly durable monofilaments before the string is coated by a special elastic resin bonding process.

Having played with various Technifibre string for ten years - and being a big fan of them - I can tell you this string feels DIFFERENT that X-1, NRG2, or anything in their line. To me, it is the closest thing to NATURAL GUT out there at a fraction of the price. It is that good!

parasailing
12-20-2010, 09:00 PM
MANTIS Comfort Synthetic has been specifically developed to provide a soft string with gut like feel and playability whilst the special double coating enhances durability. Thousands of micro fibres are compressed and then nano coated to provide a core with superb feel. This is covered with highly durable monofilaments before the string is coated by a special elastic resin bonding process.

Having played with various Technifibre string for ten years - and being a big fan of them - I can tell you this string feels DIFFERENT that X-1, NRG2, or anything in their line. To me, it is the closest thing to NATURAL GUT out there at a fraction of the price. It is that good!

So have you hit with Explosiv and if so, are they are the same or do you feel Mantis Comfort is better? I didn't like the way Explosiv felt and prefer X-1 and NRG2 over it.

The Big Kahuna
12-20-2010, 09:06 PM
I have not hit with Explosiv. I have used just about every other Multi out there and I find Mantis Comport to be the closest thing to natural gut I have found and it is definitely one of my favorite strings - especially for hybrids.

mikeler
12-21-2010, 04:55 AM
I have not hit with Explosiv. I have used just about every other Multi out there and I find Mantis Comport to be the closest thing to natural gut I have found and it is definitely one of my favorite strings - especially for hybrids.

If only I could more than 5 sets out of the Mantis...:(

2handsbothsides
12-21-2010, 10:21 AM

I also have given Explosiv several tries at different tensions and I find NRG2 to be the clearly superior playability string. For me NRG2 provides much better depth control, feel and power. It is not as soft as Explosiv but it is still extremely comfortable. I just plain win more points with the NRG2.