PDA

View Full Version : Pure Drive GT String

Big Server
11-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Just bought two PDGT's. Been using both the DNX 8 and KPro Open. Both are very similar rackets in playability and specs. Been using CB 1.25 full bed @ 51#. Thinking of going Typhoon but need suggestions on tension. To accomplish a similar type playing characteristic would you suggest dropping the tension to 47# as the string is a bit stiffer? The PDGT tension range showing on the racket is 55-62 #.

Uncle Emmitt
11-23-2010, 07:19 PM
I've played w all those racquets and my main playing rfacquet is a PDroddick. What is cb? I play with RPM at about 61 so don't know if I can help u much there. I'
m a 5.0 teaching pro. ( and no I don't teach w that set up all day! ) Main thing I wanted to say is don't let that recommended tension Bab puts on those racquets influence you at all. Most people I know play w it at 58 or above.

Big Server
11-24-2010, 09:52 AM
You might be right! Strung it up last night with the Topspin Cyber Blue 1.25 gauge at 51 lbs. Not playing until the evening BUT can already tell that I will most likely be cutting those string out and either upping the tension to 57 OR putting in some Genesis Typhoon (the blue one) at 55 lbs. as it IS a stiffer string. Right now if feels like a slingshot and can't imagine what will happen once I play tonight. Although I DO KNOW I will be serving bombs tonight!! Will post my results after trying it out.

MethodTennis
11-25-2010, 09:14 AM
I played with hurricane tour at 68 with the pdgt and also alu rough about that too.

flashfire276
11-25-2010, 12:16 PM
I recommend Tourna Big Hitter Blue 17g. It has all the great benefits of poly (power, spin, durability, etc.), but has the softness of a synthetic. I believe it would bring out the best in a PD.

Stay away from PHT....

PED
11-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Solinco Tour bite is really nice in the pdgt. I like Typhoon as well but prefer the silver over the blue.