PDA

View Full Version : Big Banger Original & Multifilament...

laboule
11-25-2010, 12:55 AM
Hello,

Could anyone tell me how Big Banger Original plays in a hybrid setup compared to say, Alu Power which are one of the more common hybrid setups... I do not see that many players hybriding Big Banger Original, is the string only good for full monofilament setup?

Carolina Racquet
11-25-2010, 06:31 AM
Hello,

Could anyone tell me how Big Banger Original plays in a hybrid setup compared to say, Alu Power which are one of the more common hybrid setups... I do not see that many players hybriding Big Banger Original, is the string only good for full monofilament setup?

I imagine if you like Lux Alu Power, you should try BBO. I've seen many comments that they are very comparable, except for price.

I've been very happy with Big Hitter Blue in both mains and crosses. I was a former hybrid user but found the BHB soft enough to go 100% with it. I'm going to try the BBO with lower tension and perhaps the rough version of the BHB.

I would comment that the lack of professionals using BBO shouldn't concern you. The BBO is made in Germany with probably the same standards as Lux products. Who knows... could be manufactured at the same facility.

laboule
11-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the input. Interesting that Luxilon Strings are made in different factories. Do you think its Kirschbaum who makes them, and if so wouldn't they have very similar strings of their own...

Anyhow you say lack of professionals that use BBO? Nalbandian, Verdasco, Almagro, Robredo and Rios use them as far as I know?

And yes I like Alu Power so im curious to what I will think of BBO. I have a reel arriving with my new BLX Blades in January.

ramos
11-26-2010, 01:34 AM
I use bbo in the main at 48 lbrs and vs at 52 in the crosses in my volkl pb 10 mid.
It is the better hibrid i"ve found!
Excelent balance for control and power and confort.
Durability ? I hit flat shots a lot, so strings tend to last more...