PDA

View Full Version : Tension maintainance when not play some time

borracho
11-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Hi all,

Just wondering, do strings lose tension significantly over time when you just leave it standing 1 and a half month without playing it? Since it's too cold now, I only play indoors once in a while.

I have my racquets strung up 2 months ago with full bed of RIP Control @ 57lbs and played approx 3 hours with both my racquets, so strings were settled in nicely.

Say I leave them standing until february, are the strings still good then?

Thanks!

mathieu
11-25-2010, 03:51 PM
Hi all,

Just wondering, do strings lose tension significantly over time when you just leave it standing 1 and a half month without playing it? Since it's too cold now, I only play indoors once in a while.

I have my racquets strung up 2 months ago with full bed of RIP Control @ 57lbs and played approx 3 hours with both my racquets, so strings were settled in nicely.

Thanks!

You should probably cut them out. It's like a rubberband, if you leave it stretched for a long time it will lose elasticity and expand. Your stringbeds will undoubtedly be a lot looser after all that time. This is especially bad with poly, but seeing as you are using a syn gut, it is not as bad but after that much time the string will be dead and loose(which is extremely bad).

The only exception may be natural gut, but even that can eventually die and lose a lot of tension.

nvottennis
11-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi all,

Thanks!

It's not going to drop significantly like it would if you played during that period of time, but there will be some tension lose. Nothing too extreme though so it should be fine