PDA

View Full Version : looking to switch to cyber blue... good or bad idea?

hebrewhammer
11-25-2010, 03:35 PM
Hello all,
I am currently using golden set snake bite which is great but does not offer the durability that I would like. In the recent past I used Enduro tour and Gosen polylon. Would cyber blue be a good choice?
Thanks

hebrewhammer
11-25-2010, 10:27 PM
anybody.....

mauricem
11-25-2010, 10:36 PM
Cyber blue is my poly of choice, mainly as it plays reasonably soft for a poly and seems pretty durable.

Of the other strings you mention Ive only used polylon ice which felt much stiffer and boardy by comparison with the cyber blue. Even though they say Polylon is tough and ideal for stringbreakers it will break pretty easily if shanked.

I always hybrid my polys and am really enjoying the combo of Mantis comfort in the crosses and cyber blue in the mains.

hebrewhammer
11-25-2010, 10:46 PM
Thank you mauricem for your feedback. What would you think If I hybrid the cb and cyber flash? Also how long does that hybrid last you and what is your level of play?
Thanks again

banter
11-25-2010, 10:53 PM
hybridizing the blue and flash would be fine. I think the company designed it to be like that. I've used the flash on an nCode nPro Surge and I liked it. In general the polys last very long, they do experience some tension loss, but once they settle, they are not going anywhere. I had my flash on the nCode for years without restringing.

Side note: I'm from the east bay too.

hebrewhammer
11-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Thanks banter. where in the east bay?

banter
11-25-2010, 11:36 PM
sent you a message.

hebrewhammer
11-25-2010, 11:52 PM
uh I went to private messages and it said it was disabled... help!

banter
11-26-2010, 12:56 AM
It's cool. Specifically, I'm from Newark.

ReopeningWed
11-26-2010, 01:24 AM
It's cool. Specifically, I'm from Newark.

Newark? I'm from Fremont. Tryna hit? :)

Sorry OP, didn't mean to steal your thread.
I think Cyber Blue is a soft, comfortable string, but it lacks the feeling of "bite", like the strings don't dig into the ball. I would describe a full stringbed as slippery, though it will still generate spin.

mawashi
11-26-2010, 05:21 AM
I really didn't like cyber blue, felt mushy. If you want a good cheap poly I really like pro supex big ace or black magic.

Both don't really last long for me but they have super control.

mawashi

mozzer
11-26-2010, 05:40 AM
Cyberblue is very soft for a poly, but it loses tension AND playability very quickly. On the other hand, PolyStar Energy played similar, very soft, lost tension fast BUT did retain its playability and didnt die.
I have tried a Cyberflash and Cyberblue hybrid and it played amazing... for 1 match.

hebrewhammer
11-26-2010, 05:56 PM
thanks everyone for your comments.

hebrewhammer
11-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Newark? I'm from Fremont. Tryna hit? :)

Sorry OP, didn't mean to steal your thread.
I think Cyber Blue is a soft, comfortable string, but it lacks the feeling of "bite", like the strings don't dig into the ball. I would describe a full stringbed as slippery, though it will still generate spin.

Funny thing I played a tournament at the FTC about a month ago. Great facility but the lights are terrible

Blackmamba24
11-26-2010, 06:06 PM
I have played in one too. Yes, the lights aren't very good.

ReopeningWed
11-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Funny thing I played a tournament at the FTC about a month ago. Great facility but the lights are terrible

If you played in the Fremont Championship or the Open, I was one of the guys who worked the tournament desk. :)
City run bureaucracy though; there's talk about allocating funds to install more powerful lights. No one's thought of just cleaning the case the bulbs are in, go figure.

Also, have you tried Tourna Poly Big Hitter Blue?
I've played with both strings, and I honestly cannot tell the difference between the two. Tourna Poly Big Hitter Blue will be a little more cost efficient for you.

hebrewhammer
11-26-2010, 06:24 PM
Small world huh? Ok I recently got a free set of cb from a friend so maybe if I like that then I'll try the BHB. Btw are you the younger dude with the brown hair? LOL if so I saw you refing two whiney 12 yr old girls and I was like..."wow I feel sorry for him"

hebrewhammer
11-26-2010, 06:25 PM
I have played in one too. Yes, the lights aren't very good.

Gee do I know you from somewhere?:confused: haha

ReopeningWed
11-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Small world huh? Ok I recently got a free set of cb from a friend so maybe if I like that then I'll try the BHB. Btw are you the younger dude with the brown hair? LOL if so I saw you refing two whiney 12 yr old girls and I was like..."wow I feel sorry for him"

I don't remember reffing any matches, I do a lot of checking-in and court assignments. I'm mostly taking abuse from whiny tennis parents, not so much the kids.

hebrewhammer
11-26-2010, 06:40 PM
I don't remember reffing any matches, I do a lot of checking-in and court assignments. I'm mostly taking abuse from whiny tennis parents, not so much the kids.

Ya I know what you're sayin. In the end it's all worth it right? Also have you tried the BH silver? I wonder how it would feel if I "hybridized" (props to banter) BHB and BHS. Maybe it would be close to CB and CF

ReopeningWed
11-26-2010, 06:42 PM
I haven't tried any of the other Big Hitter strings; my understanding though is that BHS is the Cyberflash copy and BHB is the Cyberblue copy.

hebrewhammer
11-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Intriguing. Oh well I'll give it a run and see how it goes