PDA

View Full Version : Solinco Tour Bite 17 - Rapid tension loss?

Azza
11-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Hey guys I figure someone out there will know what the deal is with this string and whether they've experienced the same thing as I have recently over the past month or 2,

I generally hit maybe 3 - 5 times weekly for anywhere between 45 mins and 1.5 hours depending on mood etc and bust strings probably every 2.5 to 3 weeks.

Anyway I've noticed that my setup up of Solinco Tour Bite 17 @ 58lbs is great for the first two session (lasting maybe 2 - 3 hours) where, during this time, I'm able to hit through the ball with a relative amount of confidence and paint the lines however, by the third, fourth and fifth session my frames (Prince Tour Graphites Mid) experience significant tension loss resulting in trampolining and balls flying long?

Admittedly I've used a few of the big banger range and never experienced such significant tension loss and if anything more of a deadening of the string bed if anything?

I guess my question there is whether this is in fact a common trait of this STB. I've already decided that its time to move back to BB or RPM Blast but I'd like to hear what other people have experienced. Thanks!

Tennis_Crazed
11-27-2010, 08:55 PM
From my experience, i have found that it holds tension very well. Better than Big Banger - there are USRSA stats which show its pretty impressive. Not too much experience with RPM Blast.

Azza
11-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Ummm... yeah that maybe the case however its the second time its happened to me?

At first they play awesome. Heaps of control, no trampolining, etc but after the 3rd hour and moving into the 4th they start to trampoline and I then start missing.

Could it be the frames? In saying that they are relatively new?

kiteboard
11-27-2010, 10:43 PM
It's normal for that string.

Ross K
11-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Seems perfectly standard to me... btw, I do like this string a lot - prefer it to Blast any day!

Raymond089
11-28-2010, 03:23 AM
I find Solinco tour bite to hold tension better than RPM blast.

themitchmann
11-28-2010, 06:10 AM
I find it to be pretty soft. I've played with strings that hold tension longer, STB is the only strong that I really like even after the tension loss.

tennisfreak565
11-28-2010, 07:45 AM
Bad set(s)? I played once and I'll probably get it again because it played great for two weeks and for me that's pretty good considering i play everyday for at least an hour, and then matches and leagues on the weekends.

tennisfreak565
11-28-2010, 07:46 AM
Now that i think about it, it could be a bad stringer. Maybe you should pre-stretch.

ClubHoUno
11-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Not to sound like Centered, but see this chart comparing Alu Rough, RPM Blast and Tour Bite:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3018/tensione.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/160ogat.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2jdkrpy.jpg

Tour Bite lose tension just as fast as the other great polys out there :)

ClubHoUno
11-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Deleted - double post :)