PDA

View Full Version : Tourna Poly BHB rough 16...HELP

hebrewhammer
11-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Can anybody please hook me up with some feedback? I'm looking for a new setup...

My current setup is Golden Set Snake Bite 17g in the mains with gosen polylon 17g in the crosses @ 55#. The problem is that the SB doesn't last long enough for me and the gosen...... maybe they call it polylon ICE for a reason(not just the color). I know I started a thread a few days ago about topspin cb and did some research and figured that it wouldn't do the job.

Having said that, would BHB rough 16g be a good choice? Its most likely very durable, but would the twisted octagonal profile make up for the lack of ball bite of a 16g string compared to a 17g? Also, has anybody tried BH silver? I wonder what would happen if I "hybridized" them....

Thanks for the input!!!
HH

hebrewhammer
11-28-2010, 09:14 AM
I had to do this on my last thread too.......anybody out there???

tennisfreak565
11-28-2010, 10:13 AM
If snake bite is good, why don't you just use it in a full bed? Or hybrid it with a better cross.

tennisfreak565
11-28-2010, 10:14 AM
By the way im about to try the Tourna Big Hitter Blue Rough 17g in a while. It's gotten pretty good reviews.

hebrewhammer
11-28-2010, 11:24 AM
If snake bite is good, why don't you just use it in a full bed? Or hybrid it with a better cross.

That was my setup before the gosen cross... was not durable enough. Lasted me like a 8 hrs. And now this setup is more durable but not as playable

tennisfreak565
11-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Then get a more playable cross like a good multifilament. Good doesnt neccesarily mean pricey either.

hebrewhammer
11-28-2010, 04:02 PM
idk why but im not a big fan of the multis... too soft for me

Lefty5
11-29-2010, 01:03 PM
BH Rough is a great string, I always have one of my racquets strung up with this... bite is unbelievable and its soft enough to go full bed so you don't have to monkey around with multi crosses... i don't think I'd pair a multi with a rough poly anyway...

The Big Kahuna
11-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Hundreds of strings out there with THOUSANDS of combinations - including ranges in string tension. What is it you like in a racquet and what do you want it to do to accentuate your play?

I think that is the first question that you need to address. Do you want more bite on the ball, more feel, more control? Are arm issues a concern? Is price an issue?

The better a profile you can build the more feedback I think you will get.

hebrewhammer
11-29-2010, 09:26 PM
Hundreds of strings out there with THOUSANDS of combinations - including ranges in string tension. What is it you like in a racquet and what do you want it to do to accentuate your play?

I think that is the first question that you need to address. Do you want more bite on the ball, more feel, more control? Are arm issues a concern? Is price an issue?

The better a profile you can build the more feedback I think you will get.

O.K. Well I am looking for the ball bite that a already have in my current setup but need more durability. Priced is not really a concern but I want it to be spending too much $$. I like a solid crisp feel from my frame.

Carolina Racquet
11-30-2010, 08:53 AM
O.K. Well I am looking for the ball bite that a already have in my current setup but need more durability. Priced is not really a concern but I want it to be spending too much $$. I like a solid crisp feel from my frame.

Have you tried Volkl Cyclone? Very good ratings and perhaps a little crisper than BHB Rough. It's also 5.99 a set at TW.

hebrewhammer
11-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Ok. I will take all of thing into consideration.
Thanks