PDA

View Full Version : Stringing Log

DownTheLine
11-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Well the last year and 1 month I have been keeping all the packages of the strings I have strung and here it is.

30x ALU POWER
8x PRince Lighting
6x Prince Poly Spin 3D
3x BB Original
9x Prince Poly Spin 3D Hybrid with Prince Multi
11x Red Code
2x Black code
18x Wilson Enduro Pro
10x Lux. adrenaline
5x Solinco Tour Bite
1x Head Synthetic Gut
2x MSV Focus Hex
1x Dunlop M-fil tour.

Those were all for me except maybe 8 string jobs. Many have been in Hybrids including ALU POWER, Wilson Enduro, Solinco Tour Bite.

How about you guys?

DownTheLine
11-29-2010, 01:10 PM
78 views and nothing? Come on guys

Doubles
11-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Mostly reels. Polyon SP and OGSM. Recently, Silver String, Big Ace, Big Ace Micro, Big Hitter Silver, Cyber Flash, Hexonic, Typhoon, Black Magic, Spin X, SPPP, ALU Power, Adrenaline, Tour Bite, and a few others that I can't remember at the moment...

edman9898
11-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Polylon Comfort, Revenge, and PHT. Don't switch from PHT that much.

kiteboard
11-29-2010, 02:57 PM
vs team/alu
alu/vs team
barb wire/alu
tour bite/alu
tour bite/vs team
vs team/blackcode
ash. kev./alu
blue gear/global gut'
blue gear/vs team
blue gear/sppp
sppp/blackcode
sppp/hex msv

global gut/bbo
vs team/redcode
redcode/vs team
barb wire/global gut
global gut full
blue gear/bg ultra
blue gear ultra/forten sweet
cyber flash/msv hex
hex full
ace 18g/hex
duralast/vs team
ace 18g/duralast
ash. kev./hex
etc...

accidental
11-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Well the last year and 1 month I have been keeping all the packages of the strings I have strung and here it is.

30x ALU POWER
8x PRince Lighting
6x Prince Poly Spin 3D
3x BB Original
9x Prince Poly Spin 3D Hybrid with Prince Multi
11x Red Code
2x Black code
18x Wilson Enduro Pro
10x Lux. adrenaline
5x Solinco Tour Bite
1x Head Synthetic Gut
2x MSV Focus Hex
1x Dunlop M-fil tour.

Those were all for me except maybe 8 string jobs. Many have been in Hybrids including ALU POWER, Wilson Enduro, Solinco Tour Bite.

How about you guys?

How often do you play? That seems like a hell of a lot of string jobs for one man in a year.

DownTheLine
11-29-2010, 05:05 PM
How often do you play? That seems like a hell of a lot of string jobs for one man in a year.

I have played 345 days straight. I am now using the current set-up in my sig with about 20 string savers on the sweetspot.

Doubles
11-29-2010, 05:28 PM
Just for kicks, I just purchased a set of Big Banger Ace 18, and Klip Legend 17. So I can add that to my list. Now I need to know which string I want in the mains...

Overheadsmash
11-29-2010, 05:36 PM
I use BB Ace 18 in my Dunlop and it is a great string my serves get crazy spin with that stuff. Really bites into the ball.

el sergento
11-29-2010, 07:22 PM
I'm a cheap *******.

1 and 1/2 reels of Topspin Cyberflash 17g
1 and 1/2 reels of OG sheep micro 16g.
6 x Wilson NXT 17.

When I'm feeling generous, and when I find it for "cheap", I get some NXT 17. I love the stuff but I get less than 6 hours before they snap. Although snapping it is my favorite part because they usually play the best just before they pop :)

just out of curiosity, how much $ have you dropped on string? Also, where do you live, 345 days straight sounds like paradise.

DownTheLine
11-30-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm a cheap *******.

1 and 1/2 reels of Topspin Cyberflash 17g
1 and 1/2 reels of OG sheep micro 16g.
6 x Wilson NXT 17.

When I'm feeling generous, and when I find it for "cheap", I get some NXT 17. I love the stuff but I get less than 6 hours before they snap. Although snapping it is my favorite part because they usually play the best just before they pop :)

just out of curiosity, how much $ have you dropped on string? Also, where do you live, 345 days straight sounds like paradise.

My parents pay for it and I would guess around $1200 plus a year if not more. I string my own racquets(thank the great lord). I live up North where it snows, and it's cold and it snows and its cold.. Did I mention it snows and it's cold? I play indoors whenever it snows/rains

nvottennis
11-30-2010, 08:08 PM
My parents pay for it and I would guess around $1200 plus a year if not more. I string my own racquets(thank the great lord). I live up North where it snows, and it's cold and it snows and its cold.. Did I mention it snows and it's cold? I play indoors whenever it snows/rains

how do you afford indoor costs?!
It's insane in my area, averaging from $50-80 for an hour. I'd rather freeze my *** outside to get some tennis.

el sergento
11-30-2010, 08:10 PM

Dang, that's quite the string budget. Wouldn't reels be way more convenient? Anyway, I hope you thank you parents frequently. :)

el sergento
11-30-2010, 08:17 PM
how do you afford indoor costs?!
It's insane in my area, averaging from $50-80 for an hour. I'd rather freeze my *** outside to get some tennis.

Ditto, I played outdoors until early November. I'm fine until around 10c. In my area, to play indoors it's around $4000+ a year when you factor in membership fees and court costs.

The best is Uniprix Stadium, where the Roger's cup is held. It doubles as a tennis club with 20 indoor courts (ATP quality baby) and it's public because it's run by Tennis Canada meaning you don't need a membership. Court fees are $20 an hour but there's a catch..............they're renovating until march and it's impossible to get a court since only 5 are open. :(

Oh well, time to get fat!

nvottennis
11-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Ditto, I played outdoors until early November. I'm fine until around 10c. In my area, to play indoors it's around $4000+ a year when you factor in membership fees and court costs.

The best is Uniprix Stadium, where the Roger's cup is held. It doubles as a tennis club with 20 indoor courts (ATP quality baby) and it's public because it's run by Tennis Canada meaning you don't need a membership. Court fees are $20 an hour but there's a catch..............they're renovating until march and it's impossible to get a court since only 5 are open. :(

Oh well, time to get fat!
hahaha, wow that's unfortunate. The closest thing i have to professional quality courts is the new stadium they're making in NY. Sadly, i heard it's about $200 an hour so it doesn't look like I'm going there anytime soon