PDA

View Full Version : New setup

Tennis100
11-28-2010, 05:20 PM
Hey guys, I had my racquet strung with some black magic I love it, but the spin potential isnt quite there yet. I was thinking about putting it in a hybrid with the new lux. savage (hex. poly) do you think this would up the control and spin potential? Or maybe add some lead somewhere? Thanks!

rudester
11-28-2010, 05:32 PM
I think most people on this site would agree that biggest percentage of spin is created by technique, however the string which affords me the best spin potential for my particular technique, is the one that is thinnest gauge poly or co-poly. More so than the textured twisted string that is so popular these days.

pvaudio
11-28-2010, 05:44 PM
If you want more spin, go for Typhoon or Hexonic. If you like the feel of Genesis polys, you'll die when using Lux, and not in a good way.

Funbun
11-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Just to let the OP know, most spin comes from technique. The string contributes about only around 7%ish of your spin. See your technique first. Then your equipment. By the way, in addition to textured strings, strings that move more (lubricated or smoother) can help increase spin.

If you want more spin on your racquet, add some lead closer to the ends of the racquet (butt/handle, tip).

Tennis100
11-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Yes I do realize that technique is almost everything, but I like the feel of hybrids with textured polys, I dont really have the control and have much power with the full bed.

pvaudio
11-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Although I really want to know where 7% comes from, I think it's just more important to state that all "spin" related discussions are on spin potential and not just outright spin production. Once you get that out the way, which is what Funbun and rudester are talking about, then spin discussions are apples to apples.