PDA

View Full Version : Volkl Strings

!<-_->!
11-29-2010, 11:55 PM
Why does it seem like it's cheaper to buy sets of their polys than in reel form? [Cyclone (by only a dollar though) and V-Pro (by $31)]

I can understand about the Cyclone as there are other reels that aren't cheaper or equal out to the same price as sets. I'm lost about the price difference about the V-Pro though. Any opinions as to why this occurs?

aggietex08
11-30-2010, 08:27 AM
I remember calcuating Cyclone and it came out to the same price for sets and a reel. The advantage of having a reel though is if you know you are not using all of that 40 ft you can cut less off the reel, thus having a few more string jobs out of it where in the set you can't just collect the extra 2-5ft here and there and put them together.

Carolina Racquet
11-30-2010, 08:40 AM
I'm surprised as well that Cyclone isn't discounted more for being a reel. Seems like the elimination of individual packaging costs would warrant lower prices.

With Cyclone, though I'm a frequent user, I buy the individual sets for the simple convenience of not having to measure off the entire 40' or so of string. It's more of a pain with poly string.

!<-_->!
11-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Yea, I was browsing the Volkl string page and decided to do the math. Their V-Pro string really befuddles me as the reel is a good amount more expensive than buying sets.