PDA

View Full Version : My USTA wishlist

RogerRacket111
11-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Here are somethings I wish the USTA would do

Make the rating process more transparent by letting us see the dynamic rating. I think this might encourage more people to sandbag but they could have a system where they have incentives for players to move up. Imagine a regional/national ranking system. Maybe trophies I wouldn't mind having some of those.

Let me know who I'm gonna play a week in advance so maybe I can prepare for him/her. Maybe have a social network where people can post comment (positive) about the strength and weakness of players.

Encourage people to play singles more.

What changes would you like in the USTA ?

OrangePower
11-30-2010, 01:09 PM
Here are somethings I wish the USTA would do

Make the rating process more transparent by letting us see the dynamic rating. I think this might encourage more people to sandbag but they could have a system where they have incentives for players to move up. Imagine a regional/national ranking system. Maybe trophies I wouldn't mind having some of those.

Sorry, this is a horrible idea. If people knew their exact dynamic as well as the dynamic of their opponent, it leaves the system way too open for manipulation. It would be a nightmare.

Let me know who I'm gonna play a week in advance so maybe I can prepare for him/her. Maybe have a social network where people can post comment (positive) about the strength and weakness of players.

Don't know how this is possible when most captains struggle to even set a lineup a week in advance!

Encourage people to play singles more.

With you on that one :)

wrxinsc
11-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Add a singles flex league across all sections and have it count towards your rating. At least one a year.

We have the singles flex league in SC and it is great. Last year it was just you. This year it was a team of at least three and included a state tourney.

dlk
11-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Add a singles flex league across all sections and have it count towards your rating. At least one a year.

We have the singles flex league in SC and it is great. Last year it was just you. This year it was a team of at least three and included a state tourney.

I agree with Flex League ratings counting as well. I know now, each level is very wide, but it could narrow with rating (of course except self-raters, who usually go low).