PDA

View Full Version : What strings do the pro's use?

baconb
11-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Was trying to find out what most of the pros use... I know most still use Luxillion and Babolat VS gut...

I know isner is using Tech Red Code still... any others out there?

Any interesting ones?

CHeers.

Cooper_Tecnifibre4
11-30-2010, 11:09 PM
You would be surprised by how many use Tecnifibre X1B.

baconb
11-30-2010, 11:14 PM
such as???

ClubHoUno
12-01-2010, 12:01 AM
such as???

Sounds arrogant, but use the search button :)

Has been up in here several times.

Djokovic used to use X1, but no longer does.

Frankly I can't think of any player, who uses X1 - but 50% of all Atp players use som sort of Luxilon poly, either full job or as hybrid with nat gut.

Most popular Luxilon poly still by far is Alu Power, then Alu Rough, Big Banger original, Ace and Timo and M2.

Most popular natty gut by far is Babolat VS.

Some use the nat gut in the mains (fed, djok, hewitt) som use it in the crosses (a rod, mur-red-****, caro woz) and a few use full nat gut (serena, venus, llodra, clisters, clement) and many male pro players use full job of alu power/rough (soderling, blake, berdych, wawrinka, gonzalez, anderson etc. etc.)

Other popular polys among the pros are Babolat Pro Hurricane (Tour) (a rod), Babolat Revenge (caro woz) and Techifibre Redcode (Isner).

Luxilon Big Banger Original is still very popular on tour - Verdasco uses it for instance.

Do a search and you find the rest of the info ;)

pvaudio
12-01-2010, 09:02 AM
AND THEN THERE'S RPM BLAST!!!!!!!!

Don't fall into the hype.

kiteboard
12-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Tsonga is back to full alu. Gulbis full alu. But they only use it for half an hour.

pvaudio
12-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Tsonga is back to full alu. Gulbis full alu. But they only use it for half an hour.
Tsonga in matchplay for half an hour is far more use than many of us playing an entire match :D

DeShaun
12-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Sounds arrogant, but use the search button :)

Has been up in here several times.

Djokovic used to use X1, but no longer does.

Frankly I can't think of any player, who uses X1 - but 50% of all Atp players use som sort of Luxilon poly, either full job or as hybrid with nat gut.

Most popular Luxilon poly still by far is Alu Power, then Alu Rough, Big Banger original, Ace and Timo and M2.

Most popular natty gut by far is Babolat VS.

Some use the nat gut in the mains (fed, djok, hewitt) som use it in the crosses (a rod, mur-red-****, caro woz) and a few use full nat gut (serena, venus, llodra, clisters, clement) and many male pro players use full job of alu power/rough (soderling, blake, berdych, wawrinka, gonzalez, anderson etc. etc.)

Other popular polys among the pros are Babolat Pro Hurricane (Tour) (a rod), Babolat Revenge (caro woz) and Techifibre Redcode (Isner).

Luxilon Big Banger Original is still very popular on tour - Verdasco uses it for instance.

Do a search and you find the rest of the info ;)

In a video interview that I recently saw, Tipsy said that he hybrids X1 with Red Code.