PDA

View Full Version : Reccomend a String for Me?

Wish_I_Was_A_Baller
12-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Hi Guys,

Some quick background info: I'm a solid 3.5-4.0 player.
I play with the Exo Rebel Team (Like Monfils', but for lightweights)
I currently play with Prince Lightning 16 strung at 55.

My game is OK: Big serve for my level (80's first, 70's second), and I have good groundies WHEN PLAYING people about my level. I have a nice long swing when I have time to get to the ball and am fairly consistent.

What holds me back the most is my reaction time against big hitters. I have bad knees so am not so good on the side to side footwork. When I play against heavy, deep hitters I find myself lacking the time to "lock and load."

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a string that would allow me to keep my control against the pushers, while giving me a bit more "pop" against big hitters, when I'm usually forced to rush my swing.

Thanks

WannaBe Pro

airman88
12-01-2010, 12:12 PM
I would suggest moving to a racket that is more headlight than just 2 pts like the one you have (something like 5 or 6 pts maybe). I don't think strings are your problem it is maneuverability and you need something that is easy to turn over. And I wouldn't just add weight to your handle because you don't need something heavier (11 oz range and 18 x 20 string pattern sounds good).

If you can maneuver better and swing faster, you will get more control due to more spin and at the same time more pop. You will also feel more in control even against hard hitters and out maneuver pushers.

Suggestions:
Some of the new donnays are supposed to be easy to handle (but they seem like more open 16x19 string patterns)

Dunlop 300 Tour

LM Radical MP

Prince Triple Threat rebel

Wish_I_Was_A_Baller
12-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks for quick reply!

The LM Radical may be the only feasible one in my price range-those new Donnays are expensive!
The Prince Triple Threat Rebel is tough to find I believe.

I hate to sound petty, but I am in love with the PJ on this raquet, which is one of the reasons I chose it, and my serve just has SO much more pop with it while rarely sailing.

Valjean
12-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Try out Tecnifibre's XR3.

Wish_I_Was_A_Baller
12-01-2010, 01:51 PM
will try out the technifibre

I already know and love the LM Radical, have used a friends a few times.

I have a 3 year old k6.1 team which I never use anymore.
strung with big banger. (I know, huge mistake).
would it be feasible to trade that for a LM Radical? Is that an even trade?

Bedrock
12-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Forten Nylon 16

Wish_I_Was_A_Baller
12-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Bedrock, thanks for the recommendation, but I don't have a stringer, and I think those are only available in reels. I do play with someone who is supposedly a great stringer, so I was thinking of buying the Technofibre and asking him to string it. What is a fair price to pay?

Thanks

Bedrock
12-01-2010, 11:53 PM
You can cut 21 feet for main and 19 feet for cross.
All Gosen Syn. Gut are available in individual packs.