PDA

View Full Version : Gamma LiveWire feels so similar to VS Touch,

DeShaun
12-01-2010, 07:29 PM
could you tell them apart, if used in a blind hitting test? I don't know that I could personally. Is LiveWire considered a high end multi?

rodrigoamaral
12-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Yes, you can definately tell them apart in a blind playtest

yes, live wires is considered a high-end multi

NLBwell
12-01-2010, 07:40 PM
ditto ...............

DeShaun
12-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Yes, you can definately tell them apart in a blind playtest

yes, live wires is considered a high-end multi

Maybe you could, but I can't seem to tell what if any major playability advantages VS Touch (62lbs) had over LiveWire (55lbs). Can you at least explain in what ways they feel different to you?

pvaudio
12-01-2010, 08:18 PM
You seriously must be kidding. LiveWire feels absolutely nothing like VS 16.

DeShaun
12-01-2010, 08:25 PM
You seriously must be kidding. LiveWire feels absolutely nothing like VS 16.

Maybe I'm not sensitive enough to tell them apart. I've strung my racket since June with a full bed of LiveWire at 55lbs, a full bed of RedCode at 32lbs, a hybrid of SonicPro and Prince Syngut at 50, a hybrid of RedCode and Prince syngut at 45, and now a full bed of VS Touch at 62. Touch at 62 feels so similar to LiveWire at 55, I am having difficulty telling them apart. I would say Touch vastly outperforms LiveWire on volleys, but doesn't seem to noticeably outperform anywhere else.
How do they feel to you?

c_hari_c
12-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Maybe I'm not sensitive enough to tell them apart. I've strung my racket since June with a full bed of LiveWire at 55lbs, a full bed of RedCode at 32lbs, a hybrid of SonicPro and Prince Syngut at 50, a hybrid of RedCode and Prince syngut at 45, and now a full bed of VS Touch at 62. Touch at 62 feels so similar to LiveWire at 55, I am having difficulty telling them apart. I would say Touch vastly outperforms LiveWire on volleys, but doesn't seem to noticeably outperform anywhere else.
How do they feel to you?

How long you had the live wire on your racket? If you are comparing freshly strung live wire with gut, you will hardly be able to tell the difference. At least that is the case with me. Compare your gut and high end multi 2 or 3 weeks after stringing and post back your thoughts. you will definitely be able to tell the difference. Yes, gut will still be standing tall.

DrpShot!
12-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Depends what you're looking for out of a string. Go back to the LiveWire after you finish with the gut, you should feel the difference right away. Nothing is as lively or resilient (maintains it punch time after time) as natural gut. You may want to string the gut down a few pounds too if you prefer the middle tension range.

Speed Kat
12-03-2010, 10:18 AM
DeShaun - you may not feel a diff between the Wire and the Gut. But may I ask you have you tried, and if so, can you tell the difference between the Livewire XP 16 and the regular Livewire 16?

DeShaun
12-03-2010, 02:27 PM
DeShaun - you may not feel a diff between the Wire and the Gut. But may I ask you have you tried, and if so, can you tell the difference between the Livewire XP 16 and the regular Livewire 16?

Gosh I don't remember, it was six months ago. It was probably 'regular,' assuming XP is more expensive and since I didn't specify/request one or the other when communicating with my stringer, I would imagine he gave me whichever was cheapest.