PDA

View Full Version : My Blue Gear Review

Ambivalent
12-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Recently picked up a reel of Blue Gear and a reel of Blue Gear Ultra Spin. Looking forward to trying both these strings and seeing what the difference is. One thing I did notice was that the blue gear ultra spin texture is twisted whereas the blue gear original was not.

This is also my first time buying more than a couple sets of textured string. I plan on doing combinations of everything you see in the picture with blue gear.

http://i.imgur.com/LhQ5D.jpg

Nuke
12-02-2010, 02:05 PM
We're all in suspense.

BTW, trim those toenails.

kiteboard
12-02-2010, 02:39 PM
I got a reel of bgu.

pvaudio
12-02-2010, 03:35 PM
We're all in suspense.

BTW, trim those toenails.

I vote for trim those knot tails :)

Ambivalent
12-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Just got back from hitting. I really like the full setup, although you still have to swing. Despite the gimmicks on the string, it wont produce spin for you. I did like the nice dampened plock sound I got out of the strings. My arm did hurt a little from at the beginning due to the stiff nature of the strings but that's because i've been playing with hollow core for the last little while. This pain went away after 20 or so minutes.

Did not serve with the strings yet but I will try that next time. These strings seem to hold their texture a little better than the original blue gear as well.

I stringed it at 58 lbs on a microgel prestige mid. Not the best racket for spin production but I still found lots of dip in my forehands.

nvottennis
12-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Yes Finally