PDA

View Full Version : Wilson K Gut 16

t135
12-02-2010, 06:02 PM
What is the closest string to K Gut 16 on the market?

Valjean
12-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Babolat's Xcel.

Speed Kat
12-03-2010, 05:57 PM
are you asking because its not on wilsons (new updated) website anymore?

tlm
12-03-2010, 06:08 PM
are you asking because its not on wilsons (new updated) website anymore?

I heard they are discontinuing kgut.

Speed Kat
12-03-2010, 06:19 PM
yeah i think so too.. i liked it but i think not many ppl used it or liked it!

Speed Kat
12-03-2010, 06:20 PM
when my arm hurt it helped me a lot.. and didnt sacrifice my game.. in fact played quite well.. just needed to be replaced often because the control would go

tlm
12-03-2010, 09:23 PM
when my arm hurt it helped me a lot.. and didnt sacrifice my game.. in fact played quite well.. just needed to be replaced often because the control would go

This is true i love this stuff new, plays fantastic
it does lose that killer bite+control. Which is no
different than any string to me.
But
of course now that i found how well it plays in
my racket, wilson
quits making it.

Speed Kat
12-03-2010, 09:39 PM
yes ur right. I used it for a while.. then i found kgut pro but thats even more hard to find or I think it was discontinued earlier than the kgut.. wilson still has kgut on intl sites like wilson france but not the us one... Since I cant get my hands on it i've been having fun with polys again but I am already getting a scratchy twingy pain inside the elbow bone so if i dont find another good performing comfort string soon i'm worried i'll pay the price and have to sit out a bunch of days to let it settle. I tried babolat excel power but its slippyer and feels more stretchy than the kgut used to. That had a nice crispy crunchyness to it that suited my game well. Have you tried xone biphase Tlm? I havent had the pleasure yet but i wonder how that compares..

meowmix
12-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Quite a few of you complain about arm pain...

Have you guys tried Pacific Classic Gut? A crisp(ier) gut that actually has some very nice control.

Speed Kat
12-04-2010, 02:17 AM
Hi meow. Thanks will definately put the Pacific on my to try list. So now I am back up to "9 to try soon" from 8.. and I thought I was almost there. ha

t135
12-04-2010, 01:38 PM
My understanding is it has been discontinued. TW no longer has it for sale.

I like it alot. It also got great reviews.