PDA

View Full Version : Ashaway Kevlar Vs. Lux

HunterST
12-03-2010, 07:08 PM
My club does not offer luxilon strings. Instead, they use Ashaway kevlar. People have told me that lux strings are overrated and don't play much differently than the kevlar strings.

Do you think there is a significant difference between these two strings? I'm considering ordering some luxilon big banger ALU. I'm also wondering how the RPM blast would compare to these strings.

pyrokid
12-03-2010, 08:25 PM
They're pretty different, but I personally like the kevlar much better as a main.

Much more spin, much more feel, lasts longer, sounds manlier when you hit the ball, and can be strung very low without many problems.

kiteboard
12-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Dead in comparison. No power. Harder on the arm at higher tens. Did I say, no power?

pyrokid
12-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Dead in comparison. No power. Harder on the arm at higher tens. Did I say, no power?

There's plenty of power compared to polys.

Maybe not an overload when compared to gut, but duh.

I dunno though, I use 18g. at low tension so that could mess up my findings.

kiteboard
12-03-2010, 09:41 PM
The 18g doesn't last long, but has more than the thicker ash kev. in power, but still low levels.

Speed Kat
12-04-2010, 02:25 AM

The kevlar is harsher than alu power right?

pyrokid
12-04-2010, 05:40 AM
The kevlar is harsher than alu power right?

It all depends on the tension.
Poly is fairly linear with regards to he amount of shock you get when you raise the tension by x pounds.
But Kevlar seems to be really harsh at the higher tensions, and then just drop off at a certain tension an play softly.

Larrysümmers
12-04-2010, 06:04 AM
It all depends on the tension.
Poly is fairly linear win regards to he amount of shock you get when you raise the tension by x pounds.
But Kevlar seems to be really harsh at the higher tensions, and then just drop off at a certain tension an play softly.

thats what i found. @55 not too healthy but i dropped to around 40 something and i really liked it. hopefully this winter i will get a set of Kev. and a cheap multi. i would go for gut but im not made of money ;)

Lambsscroll
12-05-2010, 05:50 AM
Dont forget about the cross string that you can use with kevlar. I found Tecnifibre X-One Biphase used for the cross string works great. It adds power, spin and feel.