PDA

View Full Version : Genesis Gut (Pics Included, Review to Come)

meowmix
12-04-2010, 09:33 AM
I got my set of Genesis Gut in the mail today- very nice looking stuff. Here's some pics. The stuff in the bag is the Genesis, the stuff that's being held up to the bag is Pacific Classic, and the gut in the k95 in the last picture is Prince.

As you can see... this stuff is clearly not Pacific Classic. The coating is not quite as dark, and the Pacific has a heavier glaze. You can actually see the gut in the Genesis, whereas in the Pacific... it kind of looks like a synthetic gut.

http://yfrog.com/0aphotoon20101204at12282jx

parasailing
12-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Let us know what how it plays and if you have used Babolat VS, how it compares to that.

Blee1613
12-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Is it better than Klip Legend?

meowmix
12-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Will be stringing this stuff up after I get home from finals Wed/Thurs. Hope to be playing some this next Saturday... we'll see!

tray999
12-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Meowmix,

I will give a mini-review here also. I strung my Babolat Pure Storm LTD with a full bed of Genesis's Natural Gut HT130. I bought the string to test because I have a few stringing customers that use VS and I thought I might be able to suggest Genesis's gut as a $15.00 cheaper substitute. I strung it at 62 pounds using my Babolat Star 5 set with a 5 percent pre-stretch. After stringing, I measured the dynamic tension with my ERT 300 and it measured 52. After sitting overnight I got a dt measurement of 50. So only a small loss, not bad.

I hit with it today for two and a half hours and I must say I was very, very impressed. There was power and control along with comfort and feel. I must admit it was very VS like in every respect. I can not speak yet on durability as I only have a couple of hours playing time on it. But there was no movement, no notching, and no fraying.

As for stringing, I had some coil memory and of course you have to take your time stringing any gut. You have to take extra care to insure you have no kinks or twists, but that's the same with all guts. So I can say I had no stringing issues.

I stopped using VS due to the high cost, but at $27.00 a set, I may have to rethink my position. I currently use Genesis Typhoon (which I really like) and I will try a hybrid next with the HT130 in the mains and Typhoon in the crosses. But until then, I will enjoy using Genesis new gut!