PDA

View Full Version : Weiscannon Silverstring 16 vs Luxilon Alu power 16

Mighty Matteo
12-04-2010, 10:58 AM
what string is better? is the generic version(silverstring) as good as the name brand string?

ClubHoUno
12-04-2010, 02:14 PM
what string is better? is the generic version(silverstring) as good as the name brand string?

Try them - it will cost you $24 to test them - not that much :)

Silverstring is softer in feel and does not feel as crisp, but holds tension better, but is less powerful in my view.

parasailing
12-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Silverstring is softer in feel and does not feel as crisp, but holds tension better, but is less powerful in my view.

Club- If you did a hybrid with VS Touch on the mains, would there still be a difference between these two if they were on the cross?

Also, I am getting ready to string up VS touch on the mains on my PSTGT and still debating whether to go with Alu Power or Alu Rough, is there a big difference between these two? Is the spin from Alu Rough that much better and are tension maintenance the same for both these Alu strings?

ClubHoUno
12-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Club- If you did a hybrid with VS Touch on the mains, would there still be a difference between these two if they were on the cross?

Also, I am getting ready to string up VS touch on the mains on my PSTGT and still debating whether to go with Alu Power or Alu Rough, is there a big difference between these two? Is the spin from Alu Rough that much better and are tension maintenance the same for both these Alu strings?

I do feel there is a difference between Silverstring and Alu in the crosses with gut in the mains - but it's not a huge difference but it's there.
I prefer the crisper feel you get from the Alu in the crosses, and the sound you also get from the stringbed on concact with the ball - POWWWWW !!!

Difference between Alu Power and Rough is minute, but it's there.
Alu Power is softer, Rough is a bit crisper - spin is almost the same between the two.