PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try the new VS gut IN BLACK

Virtua Tennis
12-04-2010, 10:23 PM
It now comes in black and it has some sort of 7 ply gut process to make it 15% more durable.

As some of you may know anytime you add color to a string it can change the overall feel of the string.

Speed Kat
12-05-2010, 01:00 AM
No.. is it out yet?

ClubHoUno
12-05-2010, 01:11 PM
It now comes in black and it has some sort of 7 ply gut process to make it 15% more durable.

As some of you may know anytime you add color to a string it can change the overall feel of the string.

I agree and therefore think Babolat should keep the original natural colored VS and then also sell the new black VS for people who want a bit more durability and maybe sacrifice a bit of the natural pure feel of natural colored VS.

I highly doubt that Babolat can leave the feel of the black VS unchanged compared to the natural colored original VS - just look at X1 Biphase, which plays totally different in red color compared to the natural coored X1.

Maybe a hybrid of the black VS and natural VS could be an option for added durability and a new look for all gut players :)

nvottennis
12-05-2010, 03:22 PM
i honestly hate this black fade... whenever I have a choice, I always op for the natural colors. What's next, obnoxious rainbow?

coachrick
12-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Everything old is new again. Africord from BMW aka VS aka Babolat was fairly popular back in the '70s. Also came in red. Purported to be more humidity resistant, resulting in a less lively feel; it was not as 'clean' as VS but higher in the line than 'declasse'. Looked great in a Maxply Fort.

Totai
12-05-2010, 07:03 PM
i honestly hate this black fade... whenever I have a choice, I always op for the natural colors. What's next, obnoxious rainbow?

They already made rainbow colored strings