PDA

View Full Version : tension diff. in nat gut vs. poly

clintontiger
12-06-2010, 10:53 AM
Quick question, I have always played with natural gut but just ordered some rpm blast just to start experimenting. I string the natural gut between 58-60 would there be a difference in what tension i need to string with the rpm blast. I did a search but didn't find much. I play with a oversize youtek radical.
Thanks,
Chris

Carolina Racquet
12-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Since the Radical has a tight string pattern for an OS racquet, IMO you should go 10-15% lower... That would take you down to low 50s. I play an open pattern Prince OS and play a similar string at 37 lbs.

If you play with a lot of spin, you can probably go even lower as the gear shape of the RPM will benefit you there.

The biggest change will be feel. Unless you go low on tension, the RPM will make your stick feel like a board if you're coming from gut.

julian
12-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Quick question, I have always played with natural gut but just ordered some rpm blast just to start experimenting. I string the natural gut between 58-60 would there be a difference in what tension i need to string with the rpm blast. I did a search but didn't find much. I play with a oversize youtek radical.
Thanks,
Chris

I would advise to put a post in the TW section as well