PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon Alu Power Fluoro 17 elbow pain?

Roger No.1
12-06-2010, 01:33 PM
It suppose to play like Lux Alu Power but be more comfortable. I played with it a few times and at first it was great, but after a while I noticed my elbow getting sore. I've had elbow pain in the past but not recently.
I strung them @ 58 lbs on BLX90 as I usually string in 60-65 range. I also used Lux Alu Power in mains, and Wilson Synthetic Gut crosses in the same frame and there was no elbow pain. I wanted to try full Luxilon because Lux cut through the crosses after a while.
Has anybody used these strings and had any elbow or shoulder discomfort?

scotus
12-06-2010, 01:34 PM
Fluoro, while more comfortable than ALU Power, is still too stiff for me.

More comfortable than Fluoro is Ace, and even more comfortable is M2 Pro.

JoelDali
12-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Flouro is way comfy for me, but, its still a poly alebit softer.

Sounds like poly is not ideal for you.

:)

Preston
12-06-2010, 01:51 PM
I hit with Fluoro in the past. I felt this string would go completely dead in a short time. Whether you believe poly loses it's resiliency or not, this string feels to me like it loses all resiliency.

Big Ace Micro and a softer poly that plays decent longer than Fluoro. There are many better options IMO.

Roger No.1
12-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Flouro is way comfy for me, but, its still a poly alebit softer.

Sounds like poly is not ideal for you.

:)
I did like it in a hybrid, even though it was Alu Power 16L. I also think hybrid setup was better for volleying. They say you get most qualites of the main strings in a hybrid so I thought full bed of Alu Power Fluoro would play similar.
One thing I liked about them is there's almost no string movement.