PDA

View Full Version : Radical or Prestige for UBAR spinz0r?

perfmode
04-20-2004, 07:25 PM
Which frame would be better for my ubar topspin forehand? If the Radical, should I get the midsize or the OS. If the Prestige, should I get the mid or midplus?

If neither, what players' racquet do you recommend.? I used the HH 5.3 but I don't like it. It is too powerful for me now. It was a great racquet for a 12 year old but I'm 16 now and I can curl a horse so I don't need any power. My strongest points are my whip-spin forehand and my "whippersnapper" backhand.

pchoi04
04-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Hmm... I think its kinda hard to say. My friend has an i.prestige MP and I use a radical MP and I think the two are very much alike. I have heard that the OS version of the radical gets more spin vs the MP, but I think the MP is more control based and probably not ideal for someone who depends on alot of spin. For me the i.prestige was a little heavy but the feel was great. To me I think the radical mp is the perfect balance of power and control. I heard the new prostaff tour 95 is a great racquet and the string pattern is ideal for alot of top spin. But don't take my word for it, try them for yourself and see what you think.

perfmode
04-20-2004, 08:04 PM
I don't use a lot of pace but I hit deep balls @ the baseline with some monster kick. I can keep people 5-8 feet behind the baseline with my medium-pace, high-spin forehand. I need somthing to compliment that while allowing me to keep my control.

Ronaldo
04-20-2004, 08:46 PM
Ti. Radical mp or os is wonderful and a great platform to add weight if needed.

perfmode
04-20-2004, 09:14 PM
Meh, I don't really want to buy an old frame. Kids were using Ti.Rad's back in 2000 on the junior circuit.