PDA

View Full Version : video analysis

bigmanoncampus
06-09-2005, 09:16 AM
is this a good idea to improve my groundstrokes and if so is there some website where i can comprare my strokes to pro's?

snowpuppy
06-09-2005, 10:08 AM
it is nice to copy pros and you might come out of it with something. But you should have sound understanding of what they are reallly doing and why they are doing adapting their style. I have a friend that upon seeing "jumping" and hitting the ball (what the pro is really doing is uncorking his body into the ball) starts jumping and/or spining his body around excessivly. Not only did it look silly, but he is missing the whole point of the "jumping". Study with caution.

Marius_Hancu
06-09-2005, 10:28 AM
easitennis.com gives you pointers on how to video yourself.

tennisplayer.net has perhaps the best collection of pro clips.

both require membership.

TennsDog
06-09-2005, 05:52 PM
I think video analysis is a great way to improve. I use it especially on my serve. I just finished high school, so I could have my mom get whatever video/pics I wanted to look at. I think it really helps to see what your body looks like to at least compare to what you feel like. Sometimes a backswing might be bigger than you think, or a knee bend smaller than you think. I was actually the other way, I didn't realize my serve knee bend was so deep. It also gives you an image to work with if something starts to go wrong.