PDA

View Full Version : ThunderStrings

A Defenseless Creature
12-09-2010, 06:21 AM
I am curious to know if any of our European TW Message Board participants have had a chance to hit with any of these strings? If so, what are your impressions?

Murray_fan1
02-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Bump^^^^

Just wondering if anyone has tried these strings yet? Seems to be a unique concept with the choices for a poly/poly hybrid.

Steve Huff
02-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Signum Pro and Iso Speed both make triangular shaped strings, and have for a few years now, so the concept is not new or unique. I've only had a couple of people use them, and they did seem to think they added to the spin. Both of these players were HS players, specifically looking to add spin. They didn't get them the next time their rackets were strung, so they were either just experimenting or they didn't care for the strings. One settled on Blue Gear and the other went back to a traditional round string.

Murray_fan1
02-06-2011, 09:09 AM
I just thought the hybrid choices were unique, not the shape of the string. Have been to the website? They have 4 different types of strings with in various shapes. All available in half sets so you can mix and match to what best suits you. It seems like triangular shaped strings may become a trend . I read in another thread Genesis has been sending out samples of a Triangular ( and triangular twisted) version of black magic. Time will tell. I will order a couple samples of the Titanium and Cyclone versions of Thunderstrings and give a detailed review.

bigmatt
02-06-2011, 04:59 PM
I've managed to get them in the USA, and the Titanium Triangle 3VOLUTION is a great-feeling string, my favorite so far. Great grab on the ball and lots of feel. You do need to string them looser (John recommends 4-6# less than standard polys, depending on the model).

Murray_fan1
02-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the response. Did you try any of the hybrid suggestions like Pro (round) mains and Triangle shaped cross?

bigmatt
02-09-2011, 09:22 AM
I've liked the full shaped string setups the best, although I'm certain durability would be imroved with round crosses.
The Titanium Pro seems to be the most durable to me, but the shaped strings are really great.

TennezSport
02-09-2011, 10:00 AM
I've liked the full shaped string setups the best, although I'm certain durability would be imroved with round crosses.
The Titanium Pro seems to be the most durable to me, but the shaped strings are really great.

We got the same results here when we tested the strings. Because the string has a flat to flat surface once strung, you get a lower CoF (coef of friction) so the string snaps back quicker enhancing spin. The string holds tension well and last about 16-18hrs before going dead. Players who hit heavy spin will find these string very nice to play with.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

Murray_fan1
02-13-2011, 11:54 AM
^^^^^Any idea if these strings will become available in North America?

TennezSport
02-27-2011, 09:24 AM
^^^^^Any idea if these strings will become available in North America?

I think if you go to the website, I believe he will start shipping in March. Best to check there though.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

niketennispro
04-20-2011, 07:15 PM
Sorry to bump an old thread, but where did u get the thunderstrings in the USA bigmatt?

rodrigoamaral
04-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Sorry to bump an old thread, but where did u get the thunderstrings in the USA bigmatt?

dont think they are available in the U.S. quite yet...

niketennispro
04-20-2011, 07:27 PM
I know, but bigmatt says he was able to get it in the US

FrenchOpen
04-20-2011, 11:36 PM
I know their range and I find the concept very interesting :
- Innovative structured strings (Square, Triangle, Twisted Triangle, round, polys, synth gut)
- Ideal conditionning for complete strings or hybrid combinations (18, 12, 6 restrings reels + 12m. & 6,50m. sets).
For the moment Thunderstrings.com only sells in Europe but it may be possible that orders from USA & Canada can soon be available.

bigmatt
04-27-2011, 07:36 PM
The site is www.thunderstrings.eu
It appears to be down for servicing right now.

mctennis
04-27-2011, 08:50 PM
I actually believe the strings are being renamed that's why the site is down.

FrenchOpen
04-28-2011, 12:20 AM
The site is down because Thunderstrings.com is now distributor for France & Europe, so .eu is no more needed.

ethebull
09-24-2011, 08:35 AM
Surprised no one has updated this thread yet. Thunderstrings are in the US, distributed by Mamba Tennis. I've bought a few sample packs and will post some impressions as they get used. So far I've hit for a few hours with Qu4ttro 1.25 crossed with Storm Metal 1.20 at 44/44 Excellent results so far.

mixedmedia
09-24-2011, 08:40 AM
Nice. Looking forward to your impressions.

Murray_fan1
10-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Just thought I would bump this thread as it seems a few of the board members have obtained some of this string.

I just strung up some Qu4ttro at 48lbs and will take it out for a play test this week. I had no issues with stringing this up, even the crosses were a breeze.

Any other users out there besides PV that have an opinion on these strings?

asiank90
10-09-2011, 12:36 AM
Just thought I would bump this thread as it seems a few of the board members have obtained some of this string.

I just strung up some Qu4ttro at 48lbs and will take it out for a play test this week. I had no issues with stringing this up, even the crosses were a breeze.

Any other users out there besides PV that have an opinion on these strings?
Hi, could you compare it to tour bite (if you have hit with it) as they are both a square shaped string

Thanks

Murray_fan1
10-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Hi, could you compare it to tour bite (if you have hit with it) as they are both a square shaped string

Thanks

Yes no problem. Tour Bite is a string I have used on and off again since it came out. Would be happy to compare.