PDA

View Full Version : Best string for Babolat Pure strom gt and Head youtek prestige mp

Tmano
12-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Hello,
I just posted a thread on the racquet category regarding Pure strom gt vs Head youtek prestige mp racquet......
Okay, my mane is Manolo I'm Italian I'm a 4.5 tennis player and 37 yeras old currently using the Babolat pure storm gt. I'm a baseline player who does not mind at all to attack and to go to net. I'm a pretty aggressive player who looks for winner with the forhand and backhand. I hit with topsping (not extreme)and flat shots as well especially when I go for the winner along the line. I'm mostly a double hands back hand but I hit slice too. I restarted playing tennis after a very long time in May 2009 picking Babolat as my stick since I had a good feeling with it....I started off with the Pure drive team, then the Aeropro drive cortex and finally the Pure strom gt. I really like the Pure strom gt (yet nor really much the string on currently stung at 50lbs with pro plasma)even though I can get the best out of it yet because I still playing with the string and tension.

Can you guys help me out to find the right string and tension?

I'm thinking also to buy a Head youtek prestige mp so any suggestion about string and tension ?

Thanks a lot I really appreciate.

Speed Kat
12-18-2010, 06:47 PM
manolo - pro hurricane tour will be good in your pure storm gt but in prestige mp will be terrible

flashfire276
12-18-2010, 07:33 PM
^^^^^^
Pro Hurricane Tour is terrible. Don't even think about it.

To the OP- Yea, we can recommend you something. But what do you want in a string? You want something powerful? Spinny? Controlled? Stiff? And so on.

Speed Kat
12-18-2010, 07:52 PM
flash what is so bad about PHT

The Big Kahuna
12-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Did you see the other recent thread on the Head Youtek Prestige? Check it out for some good input.

Tmano
12-20-2010, 07:02 AM
Hi,...sure I took a look at those thread and they were pretty helpful......

thanks

EdVin70
12-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Hi,...sure I took a look at those thread and they were pretty helpful......

thanks

I play with the Pure Control Team which is also 16X20, its just a little stiffer than the PSGT; I'd give RPM Blast 17 a spin at a lower tension, like 47.

flashfire276
12-20-2010, 01:13 PM
flash what is so bad about PHT

It has terrible feel, stiff, and way too overpriced. You can find much better string for half the price of PHT.
But on the plus side, it does give some spin. But that's about it.