PDA

View Full Version : MY wrist hurts like hell

akj27
06-09-2005, 02:18 PM
is it something im doing wrong or is it just my wrist? is there some sort of wrist band i can wear that might ease the pain?

bdaniels
06-09-2005, 02:29 PM
How big is your hand and what size is your grip? If you bought a grip that is too big or too small it could cause you problems. Also, have a pro look at how your swinging your racquet and holding it...

Marius_Hancu
06-09-2005, 03:15 PM
is it something im doing wrong or is it just my wrist? is there some sort of wrist band i can wear that might ease the pain?

go to the Health forum and read all the "wrist" related threads you can find. the best thing you'll have done for your health in a long time.

snowpuppy
06-09-2005, 05:22 PM
you too huh? I've found out i am not keeping my wrist straight on compact, and it hurts especially on the backhand side on the one hander. hurts also when i am jammed

TennsDog
06-09-2005, 05:29 PM
One thing that often helps with wrist problems is to strengthen the wrist. A good exercise for this is to tie a weight to one end of a string, maybe 2-3 lbs, and a short pole to the other. Hold the pole horizontally and roll the weight up, then roll it down. I love to do this as quickly as possible and as many times as possible until it burns, then I go to a little spring gripper thing and squeeze that as much/fast as I can. This is a great workout for the wrist/forearm area.

sandro
06-10-2005, 12:34 AM
check the Health forum, and yes, grip size could be the main cause (usually too big).
good luck!

Grandslam
06-10-2005, 02:57 AM
I think if you bend your wrist back when you hit, it will reduce wrist injuries.(correct me if I'm wrong, I forgot where I heard that from)
I'm not sure if it will reduce wrist injuries but it does seem like most pro's hit this way.