PDA

View Full Version : instructions...

donnyz89
06-09-2005, 03:59 PM
im looking to improve over the summer. There is this college player that is holding a camp for two weeks, and im one of her assistants for the camp. however, im thinking about taking private lessons from her maybe with another friend. im a good 3.5 varsity singles player, do you think she can really help my game? i think with her, it will be around 7 or 8$ more expensive than a group clinic kind of thing with 5 kids/pro.
and i dont know the price, but at the best club in town, 1 hr with a teaching pro is 55$ and 2$ per extra person, so its not that much if u double the ppl. so if i get another friend to get lessons from her, what do you think the price would be for it to be reasonable and worthwhile?

TwistServe
06-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Wow.. I'm going to get snapped on by some people but.. dude.. don't take lessons for a chica.. go for a male instructor! I hope I dont have to explain why LOL

Kana Himezaki
06-09-2005, 04:11 PM
Chauvinist. :P You're just angry you couldn't provide actual evidence/scientific proof in front of a woman. Or a 15 year old teenage girl, for that matter. XD LOL, oh well.

You're helping her teach some, right? See for yourself the quality of her instruction, if she can explain things well or examine what's wrong with the players quickly.

Private lessons where I live are about 50 bucks for an hour for most teachers, and you can find some good ones. I'd recommend doing this with one other friend, two at most if you want to. You build competition and split the cost. You'll find this MUCH more effective than a normal group clinic, also, the quality of the instructors doing private lessons instead of beginning group lessons is generally higher.

So it's good to start. After a bit, the pro might ask you if you want a lesson alone to be more able to spend devoted time on specific things within your game. If you have the money, the time is well worth it.

So for a normal lesson, it's 50 bucks. It won't be completely private, but split 50 bucks between the two of you for the lesson and you get a cheap, effective lesson. If the teacher looks good to you during the camp, go for it.

donnyz89
06-09-2005, 04:21 PM
So for a normal lesson, it's 50 bucks. It won't be completely private, but split 50 bucks between the two of you for the lesson and you get a cheap, effective lesson. If the teacher looks good to you during the camp, go for it.

thats what i was thinking. but i think it will be cheaper than 50, because my highschool coach recommended me to her for the assistant and her to me for the private lessons, he said she should charge less than normal private lessons at the clubs.

If the teacher looks good to you during the camp, go for it.

THATS a different story, it also depends on if shes already taken ;)