PDA

View Full Version : "Comeback" Tournament

Boja
06-09-2005, 05:14 PM
I am a 4.0 player who hasn't been playing as much as I used to in the past year or so. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to go out and play very much, so I'm only playing 2-3 times a week as of recent times. I used to play nearly every day over a year ago. However, when I have time at home, I go on the stationary bike for about an hour, just to keep in shape. I haven't played in a tournament for about a year now and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to prepare (and I know that practice, is of course, the most important). The tournament is in two weeks, I'm just looking to have fun but winning here and there wouldn't hurt. :)

Thanks

Kana Himezaki
06-09-2005, 05:45 PM
You're still practicing when you can, and keeping in shape with the stationary bike. Two to three times a week isn't bad, you certainly won't lose form that way.

So what you're lacking in (in order to prepare for the tourney) is simply playing matches. See if you can organize something with other players at your club that you haven't played at all, much, or simply don't know them. Then put pressure on it.

Regain some match experience before going in.

thejackal
06-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Play tiebreaks or modded sets (wher you start 0-15 or 0-30 down on your serves, for exmaple). Repeat.