PDA

View Full Version : ***** My LAST request for comparison *****

sandro
04-20-2004, 11:43 PM
After this one, I will stop bother you! So please help me with this "final" comparison (I can't demo where I live).
Here we go:
Wilson PS Tour 95 -vs- Prince Diablo Mid -vs- Prince NXG Tour Mid

I'm looking for a solid, comfortable frame, with good control and spin potential, and not overwhelming power (I want it coming from mass+swingweight, not from stiffness or big heads).

From the specs of these three frames, my complains are:

Wilson PS Tour 95 : seems a bit light and with "low" swingweight. Is it solid enough?

Prince Diablo Mid : 66 rdc. Is it too stiff (my Volkl Tour 9 at 66 plays almost too stiff for my tastes)?

Prince NXG Tour Mid : 18 mains. What about spin (exp on second serves)?

Thanks for sharing your opinions and experiences.

Richard Pur
04-21-2004, 03:57 AM
I don't want to add to an already tough decision, but a racquet that may be coming in under the radar and seems to meet your requirements is the Slazenger Pro X1. Go look at the specs on this one. The specs look great. Some 4.0 friends of mine have hit with and say it hits great. I may be trying the racquet in the next week.

sandro
04-21-2004, 05:10 AM
Richard, thanks for your suggestion. I would even say that it's a "clone" of the PS Tour 95, so... let's limit the query to those 3 models! ;-)

BreakPoint
04-21-2004, 11:28 AM
I agree that the Slazenger X1 and the PS Tour 95 are very similar. However, I found the X1 to be a little more stable, a more solid feel with less vibration, and stiffer in the hoop than the Tour 95 which makes it a bit more powerful.

whodat
04-21-2004, 11:48 AM
Sandro,
I have hit with all three racquets. The tour 95 is unstable and I put it down after about 10 minutes of hitting with it. :x I subsequently returned it the next day. I still own the NXG MP. It was very stable but not too much power when I first demoed this racquet. After hitting for about two weeks, I bought the racquet. After hitting for about three months, I decided that it was not for me. The primary reason being that I cannot get use to the air handle. The feeling and pop were muted. I wanted a more responsive racquet. I then demoed the Diablo mid and MP. I liked the MP better eventhough it was slightly lighter. The mid was low powered and I could spin better with the MP on the serve. Both are solid racquets but not quite what I was looking for. I then read through many of the older threads on this board and tried the c-10 pro. This is my current stick and I am awaiting the racquet from TW. :D

Big Tigger
04-21-2004, 03:03 PM
Sandro, try the POG 93 - canīt go wrong with it.

BT

kreative
04-21-2004, 10:41 PM
head pt280, volkl c-10 pro, volkl tour 10 mp, or volkl v-engine 10.

out of the ones you've listed, diablo mid.

sandro
04-26-2004, 12:31 AM
Thanks everybody for the posts.
BT, I would, but with 14 mains the strings I like don't last enought...
Kreative, being a Head and Volkl user for a long time, I can't stand anymore the grip shape. And don't want to modify again the shape of grips.