PDA

View Full Version : How will you spend New Years Eve?

Pocky
12-30-2010, 12:43 PM
How would you?

Please feel free to type your 1 January activities

With your family?

friends?

restaurant?

home?

club?

10s talk
12-30-2010, 01:46 PM
on the TW forums

Serendipitous
12-30-2010, 01:51 PM
getting drunk

with emotion

SuperFly
12-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Hopefully with some friends rather than my ***hole cousins. :evil:

Fandango
12-30-2010, 02:07 PM
hopefully at home and not another stupid restaurant in New York.

quest01
12-30-2010, 02:08 PM
Sleeping...

dlk
12-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Hopefully with some friends rather than my ***hole cousins. :evil:

Everything Zen? Oh wait, that's ***hole brother:)

I'll be home chillin' with the Family.

niff
12-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Sat on a hill, watching fireworks.. I love NYE :D

Rippy
12-30-2010, 03:11 PM
With friends at a friend's house.

SuperFly
12-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Everything Zen? Oh wait, that's ***hole brother:)

I'll be home chillin' with the Family.

"You're really messing with my Zen thing, man!"

Jeff Bridges as Kevin Flynn, TRON Legacy

r2473
12-30-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm gonna party likes its 2010.

heycal
12-30-2010, 09:42 PM
Surrounded by a handful of youngsters wishing it was 1981 instead of 2011.

Larrysümmers
12-30-2010, 10:01 PM
go to the moon ;)

rommil
12-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Had Christmas with family....... In Vegas now for New Years. The strip is still tacky as ever , but it's my first time being in Vegas for New Years.

Fedace
12-30-2010, 10:20 PM
4 letters.......L a I d. and posting in the forum at the same time........you need to be multi talented to do this.

rommil
12-30-2010, 10:27 PM
4 letters.......L a I d. and posting in the forum at the same time........you need to be multi talented to do this.

Typing with one hand while getting laid with the other? You poor thing.

Sentinel
12-31-2010, 03:27 AM
I would have liked to spend it walking in the sun assuming there is sun, or in the rain. However, have to drive to the Councillor and talk to him about some illegal building going on in our basement. The police and concerned departments have been paid off so everyones turning a blind eye.

Then will see if i can relax.

New year's eve : all alone, trolling this forum if anyone's around, some music, dat's all. :)

Sentinel
12-31-2010, 03:31 AM
Had Christmas with family....... In Vegas now for New Years. The strip is still tacky as ever , but it's my first time being in Vegas for New Years.
IIRC i was once there on New Year with my colleagues. But there's not much a monk can find interesting in this "night life" thing. I just turned in early like every day. Even Fedace has a better "life" than I (from his accounts of his stellar sexual life).

LameTennisPlayer
12-31-2010, 04:05 AM
Happy New Year guys.... its 2011 in Melbourne now! 0010am.... Oh yeah

ProgressoR
12-31-2010, 05:39 AM
I am going for a new years eve hit now. I had booked a xmas days hit too but my mate forgot it was xmas. I was ready to go. Otherwise just with family chilling at home. All good. Wouldn't have it any other way. Mebbe a game of chess thrown in.

Its non stop action.

LameTennisPlayer
12-31-2010, 05:55 AM
I am going for a new years eve hit now. I had booked a xmas days hit too but my mate forgot it was xmas. I was ready to go. Otherwise just with family chilling at home. All good. Wouldn't have it any other way. Mebbe a game of chess thrown in.

Its non stop action.

How does that happen, does he live in the cave, or consume copious amounts of a (rather not say) substance.... NYE's chess is awesome!

ollinger
12-31-2010, 06:04 AM
We will be at Chez Madeleine in Bergen County, NJ. Table for 6. There will be dinner, music and a dance floor. Drop by and have a drink.

Mortifier
12-31-2010, 06:16 AM
We will be at Chez Madeleine in Bergen County, NJ. Table for 6. There will be dinner, music and a dance floor. Drop by and have a drink.

Is trolling allowed? If not, don't expect too many from TW to stop by.

Sentinel
12-31-2010, 06:47 AM
^^ haha. its past 9 pm here in India. Its been a rough day, and well. ... i am just hoping i see the sight of some food soon.

A lonely NYE as usual. Ok, off to dinner with folks. then off to sleep early :(

Telepatic
12-31-2010, 07:42 AM
Almost 6PM, long way to go.. Spending time with family unlike last couple of years..

Happy new year in 2011 ..

r2473
12-31-2010, 07:58 AM

How will I recognize you?

ollinger
12-31-2010, 08:41 AM
Exo3 Black

r2473
12-31-2010, 08:58 AM
Ha.....ya, you'll be easy to spot.

heycal
12-31-2010, 09:13 AM
lonely NYE as usual.

Why lonely? And why as usual?

How will I recognize you?

He'll be the guy at the table for 6 at Chez Madeleine. Your instincts will take it from there.

r2473
12-31-2010, 11:57 AM
He'll be the guy at the table for 6 at Chez Madeleine. Your instincts will take it from there.

We should have the right number to dance The Quadrille.

Maybe they'll play "Mary Danced with Soldiers".

TennisBeginner
12-31-2010, 12:10 PM
Watch tennis channel :D

10s talk
12-31-2010, 03:52 PM

stay off Industrial Blvd, I saw 3 accidents one new years night

forthegame
12-31-2010, 03:57 PM
In church.

flyinghippos101
12-31-2010, 08:51 PM
dernk 10chosrs

Larrysümmers
01-01-2011, 09:10 AM
so this new years. a friend who i havnt seen in a long times flies from Tennessee to Ohare, then to Ohare to somewhere closer at 5:40. well around 4 he calls and says his flight was canceled. so he had to go to a place 45 mins away. after 2 hours in the airport we find out that was canceled. so we had to drive 3 hours to chicago ohare at like 9. spent new years on some street on the way to ohare. then went to denny then a 2 hour trip home....fun oh and i forgot, they lost his luggage.

Sentinel
01-01-2011, 06:44 PM
^^ Aw that sounds awful. I am sorry.

I walked so much on NY in new shoes that my feet are sore !! But it was good.

Touch of Grey
01-01-2011, 06:53 PM
I went to the local church with some friends, they have a party every year which is fun.

rommil
01-01-2011, 08:04 PM
stay off Industrial Blvd, I saw 3 accidents one new years night

I dont know where that is, we bought passes to the bridge in New York New York for an open bar, had Fat Burgers at 2am then woke up not feeling too well lol. It was almost as cold in Vegas as Connecticut . But thanks for the heads up.

heycal
01-02-2011, 07:59 AM
so this new years. a friend who i havnt seen in a long times flies from Tennessee to Ohare, then to Ohare to somewhere closer at 5:40. well around 4 he calls and says his flight was canceled. so he had to go to a place 45 mins away. after 2 hours in the airport we find out that was canceled. so we had to drive 3 hours to chicago ohare at like 9. spent new years on some street on the way to ohare. then went to denny then a 2 hour trip home....fun oh and i forgot, they lost his luggage.

You lost me somewhere around "a place 45 minutes away. After 2 hours...." Somwhere in there. I have no idea what the hell happened or who it involved.

I walked so much on NY in new shoes

Don't tread on us.

dParis
01-02-2011, 10:25 AM

^^ Aw that sounds awful.
Yeah, it reads awful too.
You lost me somewhere around "a place 45 minutes away. After 2 hours...." Somwhere in there. I have no idea what the hell happened or who it involved.

I'm impressed anyone made it that far.

Larrysumlaut, if it's your first language (or second, or third), maybe you should make a NY resolution to get a better grip on the "anglishkai".

Sentinel
01-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Don't tread on us.
LOL, i mean New Year not New York :D

sureshs
01-03-2011, 12:30 PM
Spent it in a luau in Maui

heycal
01-03-2011, 08:19 PM

This produced a real live "lol", as the kids say.

Spent it in a luau in Maui

Are you sure you didn't spend it copying some other poster's avatar?

Fandango
01-04-2011, 05:18 AM
Surrounded by a handful of youngsters wishing it was 1981 instead of 2011.

I know how you feel heycal, except I wish it was 2002 instead of1981 :cry:

Chopin
01-04-2011, 02:23 PM
I just read your comments on a particular movie thread. I agree with your responses because I met a boy online who complained to me that he couldn't grasp the concept of the forgein movie because of cultural and language differences. You are a winner in this case;)

I couldn't agree with you more on this:)

Tina, no idea what you're talking about, as usual. You're going to be banned again. I've already reported your post to the moderators. Please stop referencing me in your posts. Please just leave me alone.

sureshs
01-04-2011, 02:31 PM

How do you know he did not copy mine?

heycal
01-04-2011, 04:19 PM
I just read your comments on a particular movie thread. I agree with your responses because I met a boy online who complained to me that he couldn't grasp the concept of the forgein movie because of cultural and language differences. You are a winner in this case;)

Thanks, Photo. I would think this is obvious to any intelligent person, but certain film snobs in the world are too blinded to see it.

heycal
01-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Tina, no idea what you're talking about, as usual. You're going to be banned again.

What is your bizarre obsession with Tina? Why are always making references to this former poster? Let the poor girl rest in peace.

I can't say for sure. But I believe I saw his first. In any case, one of you boys has some 'splaining to do...

Chopin
01-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks, Photo. I would think this is obvious to any intelligent person, but certain film snobs in the world are too blinded to see it.

Yeah film snobs like Ebert or Polanski, or Fellini, or wait, uh most of the intelligent film community.

Chopin
01-04-2011, 04:54 PM
What is your bizarre obsession with Tina? Why are always making references to this former poster? Let the poor girl rest in peace.

I can't say for sure. But I believe I saw his first. In any case, one of you boys has some 'splaining to do...

I have a perfect track record in spotting Tina on the Boards. Mark my words, photo will be banned and it'll be another victory for Club Chopin.

Photoshop
01-04-2011, 05:20 PM
I have a perfect track record in spotting Tina on the Boards. Mark my words, photo will be banned and it'll be another victory for Club Chopin.

Photo (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/member.php?u=106228)!!! http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/804/wavek.gif Are you my long lost cousin? haha jk... why did you pick that name? Anyway, welcome back to TT. Enjoy your temporary stay until the mods find out! ;)
I spotted her first! ;)

Chopin
01-04-2011, 06:11 PM
I spotted her first! ;)

Good work!:)

Chopin
01-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Thank you for your kind words. It seems to me this place is a full of youths to whom they seek for excitment. I just sent an email to the company. I am sure they will take care of the problems immediately.

By the way, let me introduce myself since I am newbie here. I was told by the adminstrator that I am able to delete my post after 50 posts. However, I am not able to do so after 50 posts. Is there a way to do it? Thank you.

Good one, Tina. The bell tolls for thee, old friend. The bell tolls for thee.

SoBad
01-04-2011, 06:59 PM

I did an independent evaluation some time ago and my preliminary diagnosis was post-separation stress disorder. One of the symptoms of this condition, which is becoming increasingly common in our high-paced occuposocial environment, is turbidised judgment, which was markedly pronounced in this case. Patients frequently deny the diagnosis and refuse treatment, as was the case here.

Chopin
01-04-2011, 07:10 PM
I did an independent evaluation some time ago and my preliminary diagnosis was post-separation stress disorder. One of the symptoms of this condition, which is becoming increasingly common in our high-paced occuposocial environment, is turbidised judgment, which was markedly pronounced in this case. Patients frequently deny the diagnosis and refuse treatment, as was the case here.

Yes, and I explained to you that turbidised isn't a word, yet you're still using it. :oops:

Larrysümmers
01-04-2011, 07:11 PM

I'm impressed anyone made it that far.

Larrysumlaut, if it's your first language (or second, or third), maybe you should make a NY resolution to get a better grip on the "anglishkai".

eh i dont really care about my grammar and how i write on messege boards.

SoBad
01-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Yes, and I explained to you that turbidised isn't a word, yet you're still using it. :oops:

A language evolves through innovative use of terminology by intellectual elite. Perhaps this is one of those concepts that require clear judgment in order to be grasped.

SoBad
01-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Are you sure you have this case right?

I think a certain poster is living in the past due to his or sensitive nature. Anyhow, how an interesting "posting" environment:shock:

True science is about questions, not answers. The door is never closed to alternative theories, particularly in complicated cases.

Chopin
01-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Listen, if you boys and girls want to dance with the devil, so be it. I'm just going to make darn sure you do it in hell.

SoBad
01-04-2011, 07:45 PM
To be honest, There is no such thing as 100% to prove thing right even those articles published in science or nature:). May I know how complicated your case is referring to?

Complications can manifest themselves in a number of ways. Those include passive-aggressive threatening behaviour, which often makes use of a religious framework of some sort (e.g., threatening perceived or imagined adversary or adversaries with “hell”).

Chopin
01-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Complications can manifest themselves in a number of ways. Those include passive-aggressive threatening behaviour, which often makes use of a religious framework of some sort (e.g., threatening perceived or imagined adversary or adversaries with “hell”).

Hell is just a metaphor for a banning, old boy. She'll get it, too.

Chopin
01-04-2011, 07:48 PM
A language evolves through innovative use of terminology by intellectual elite.

That counts you out!:)

SoBad
01-04-2011, 07:55 PM
That counts you out!:)

I understand that you’re upset, and I am not angry with you for saying these things – nobody is angry with you. I believe that you are a good person deep inside, and together we will work our way through this. Why don’t we refocus our attention on threads that bring out positive energy, how about that?:)

Chopin
01-04-2011, 07:59 PM
I understand that you’re upset, and I am not angry with you for saying these things – nobody is angry with you. I believe that you are a good person deep inside, and together we will work our way through this. Why don’t we refocus our attention on threads that bring out positive energy, how about that?:)

Look inward then. You must be the change you wish you to see in the world.

SoBad
01-04-2011, 08:10 PM
I like your explanation-very well indeed. It's very imporatnt for all of us to bring out positive energy but not attacking each other. Anyhow, I think you are a good person:)

Thanks - I think that maintaining (or rediscovering, as the case may be) positivity is key here.

Look inward then. You must be the change you wish you to see in the world.

I see that you are still very angry, but trust me when I say that no one is angry at you. All is peace, all is good. I see there is some activity in the FormerPro forum right now - you could direct your energy there perhaps in a positive way? You know, the Laver, greatest backhand, or whatever...

Chopin
01-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Thanks - I think that maintaining (or rediscovering, as the case may be) positivity is key here.

I see that you are still very angry, but trust me when I say that no one is angry at you. All is peace, all is good. I see there is some activity in the FormerPro forum right now - you could direct your energy there perhaps in a positive way? You know, the Laver, greatest backhand, or whatever...

"Good. I can feel your anger."

dParis
01-04-2011, 08:16 PM

I spotted her first! ;)
Well done, Gentlemen. Indeed, the Crystal Diamond Bird has been spotted. I should have known when a strange fluttering around the Music thread this afternoon raised an eyebrow. I have to face the fact that my game has slipped a bit. After being first to identify W.T. and H2O, I am in an 0-2 slump.
eh i dont really care about my grammar and how i write on messege boards.Seems rather obvious now.

Grammar was probably the least of the problems with your post. You infer that you write better when away from the message boards...

Photoshop
01-04-2011, 08:22 PM
I like your explanation-very well indeed. It's very imporatnt for all of us to bring out positive energy but not attacking each other. Anyhow, I think you are a good person:)
Hi, Photo (I like your name!)

Nobody is attacking you. Well, maybe some bad posters but certainly not I :). I think you are a good person too and I'm sure we'd get along just fine in real life. It's just that your unique "accent" shows in your posts and it's fun to try to find you! Frankly, I'm always on the lookout for you as I know you're somewhere on TT with a different name *blushes*... Lastly, I think the reason admins/mods keep banning you from here is because you keep coming back with a new account. Bannations usually never last indefinitely, so just be patient and wait til admins/mods lift the ban. Then you can come back as good ol' Tina.

can someone do me a favor and quote this for me? Photo probably put me on ignore... I is sad.

Chopin
01-04-2011, 09:13 PM
\

Good one. Have you heard of Ying-Yang-bring out the best and positive engery of everyone? I know the end of world is coming up but I believe God always lead a way, isn't. Anyhow, I am just having Salmon Caviar and a glass of wine:)

The end of the world is coming up?

Wow, now it's getting serious: God and the end of days.

heycal
01-05-2011, 04:43 PM
:)I have a perfect track record in spotting Tina on the Boards. Mark my words, photo will be banned and it'll be another victory for Club Chopin.

I see your reading comprehension problems extends to other subjects beyond film.

I asked why you are obsessed with Tina and can't leave the poor girl alone. This non-response is another example of your turbidised posting.

Grammar was probably the least of the problems with your post. You infer that you write better when away from the message boards...

Well, as long as we're talking about grammar and the like, I believe you have used "infer" incorrectly. I don't mean to imply any flaw in character though.:)

Chopin
01-05-2011, 06:11 PM
:)

I see your reading comprehension problems extends to other subjects beyond film.

I asked why you are obsessed with Tina and can't leave the poor girl alone. This non-response is another example of your turbidised posting.

Well, as long as we're talking about grammar and the like, I believe you have used "infer" incorrectly. I don't mean to imply any flaw in character though.:)

Turbidised isn't the correct form, and it's questionable whether it's actually a word at all.

P.S. Guess I was right about Tina, eh?

dParis
01-05-2011, 09:11 PM
You're absolutely correct. I meant to write imply, of course; but for relating my error to one of the worst written posts in the history of these boards, you earn the applause of only one hand.

Sentinel
01-06-2011, 12:07 AM

haha, heycal, you sure caught him out for copying my ava. Such a shame, now trying to make it look like i copied him *rollseyes*.

sureshs
01-06-2011, 06:23 AM
haha, heycal, you sure caught him out for copying my ava. Such a shame, now trying to make it look like i copied him *rollseyes*.

Why should you care? You are about complete silent awareness. Just be silently aware of it.

Sentinel
01-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Why should you care? You are about complete silent awareness. Just be silently aware of it.
ROTFL ! Good one, for once. Teaches me to brag!

I care about all.

Also, i was puzzled that someone like you should stoop to copy the ava of a lowly nobody such as myself.

heycal
01-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Turbidised isn't the correct form, and it's questionable whether it's actually a word at all.

It's the incorrect form, or it's not a word at all? Get your story straight!

P.S. Guess I was right about Tina, eh?

"Right"? The only question on the table was why you are obsesseed with Tina.

but for relating my error to one of the worst written posts in the history of these boards, you earn the applause of only one hand.

That post only aspired to be one of the worst. The kid needs to triple its length for it even to be considered in the running. He definitely has potential though.

Chopin
01-10-2011, 06:08 PM
It's the incorrect form, or it's not a word at all? Get your story straight!

"Right"? The only question on the table was why you are obsesseed with Tina.

That post only aspired to be one of the worst. The kid needs to triple its length for it even to be considered in the running. He definitely has potential though.

Turbid is a word, and I think that's what you meant (though one never knows with you). Turbidised is not what you meant, and it's debatable whether it's actually a word. You won't find it in the OED or Merriam Webster.

heycal
01-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Turbidised is not what you meant, and it's debatable whether it's actually a word.

Turbidised is exactly what I meant. I don't just willy-nilly use any ole word, ya know.

Janne
01-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Spent it at the beach and my favorite reggaebar in Ko Samui 'Murray', with good friends. :-)

heycal
01-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Spent it at the beach and my favorite reggaebar in Ko Samui 'Murray', with good friends. :-)

At the beach? Don't you live in Norrkopping, Sweden or something?

Janne
01-13-2011, 04:34 AM
At the beach? Don't you live in Norrkopping, Sweden or something?
Unfortunately yeah, I do live in Sweden. In Stockholm.

I just came back from a 10 week long vacation in Thailand, where I celebrated both Christmas and New Years Eve.

So: Sawatdee pi mai. :)

heycal
01-13-2011, 07:38 AM
Unfortunately yeah, I do live in Sweden. In Stockholm.

Nothing unfortunate about that. I spent a night there in 2003, and it looked like a pretty nice place to me.

Janne
01-13-2011, 08:01 AM
Nothing unfortunate about that. I spent a night there in 2003, and it looked like a pretty nice place to me.

I take it it was during the two weeks of summer we have that you were here, yeah? :)

heycal
01-13-2011, 04:24 PM
I take it it was during the two weeks of summer we have that you were here, yeah? :)

It was October. I would like to see Sweden in summer.

TBrady
01-13-2011, 04:31 PM
I will spend it shooting off my own fireworks. My own personal fireworks.

Janne
01-16-2011, 08:56 AM
It was October. I would like to see Sweden in summer.
Ah. Still, it's cold in October. Can't understand why anyone would enjoy winter for as long as we have it. It's beautiful for two weeks, then it gets frustrating.

El Diablo
01-16-2011, 09:01 AM
We'll be having wings and quesadillas. (Ooops, sorry, that's for the Jets game. We already celebrated New Years!!)

heycal
01-16-2011, 05:00 PM
Ah. Still, it's cold in October. Can't understand why anyone would enjoy winter for as long as we have it. It's beautiful for two weeks, then it gets frustrating.

I'm no fan of winter, but it seems like living in Stockholm beats about 99 percent of other places in the world.

Janne
01-18-2011, 05:25 AM
I'm no fan of winter, but it seems like living in Stockholm beats about 99 percent of other places in the world.
Having been to more than enough countries to account for that 1 percent, I will have to disagree. :-)

Don't get me wrong: for the right person, Sweden can be paradise. Not for a 21-year old kid who is unemployed, hates the cold and wants some adventure.

heycal
01-18-2011, 07:42 AM
Don't get me wrong: for the right person, Sweden can be paradise. Not for a 21-year old kid who is unemployed, hates the cold and wants some adventure.

Let's drop you for a year in Billings, Montana or Des Moines, Iowa for a year and see what you think of Stockholm then!

There are worst things in life than being a 21 year old guy living in Stockholm. Live it up, kid!

Janne
01-18-2011, 07:49 AM
Let's drop you for a year in Billings, Montana or Des Moines, Iowa for a year and see what you think of Stockholm then!

There are worst things in life than being a 21 year old guy living in Stockholm. Live it up, kid!
Hey, I'm not arguing there are places worse than Stockholm, that I'm not! Just saying I want more, and I will have it. :)

I actually knew a guy who came from Iowa. Said he couldn't wait to move back there. Guess it goes to show how different we all are in our preferences.