PDA

View Full Version : Any tennis antique collectors here? Balls/containers, trophies, racquets, boxed sets

8F93W5
12-30-2010, 05:49 PM
I know there was at least one thread on racquet collecting, but what about non racquets? There's tons of other things in tennis to collect. What kind of items do you like?
Old trophies, Lawn tennis equipment (court measure, line maker, etc.) sport cards, figurines, early clothing, little trinkets, balls, ball cans/boxes, old books, autographs, handwritten private letters by famous players, etc.

I like ball cans and boxes. Any condition. Opened or not opened.
Here's a few
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUHwkK3Aszo

Don T.
02-10-2011, 07:42 AM
Hi 8F93W5, you have no contact info. I have a friend that is selling his collection of about 400 cans.

If interested contact me at...

gitrboy(@)comcast(.)net

remove the parenthesis

Don

SuperDuy
02-10-2011, 09:31 AM
I see no benefit to these collections.

Don T.
02-13-2011, 04:23 PM
:???: 8F93W5, you have no contact info. I have a friend that is selling his collection of about 400 cans.

gitrboy(@)comcast(.)net

remove the parenthesis

Don

Don T.
02-13-2011, 04:24 PM
:???: 8F93W5, you have no contact info. I have a friend that is selling his collection of about 400 cans....interested?

gitrboy(@)comcast(.)net

remove the parenthesis

Don

8F93W5
02-16-2011, 07:20 PM
:???: 8F93W5, you have no contact info. I have a friend that is selling his collection of about 400 cans....interested?

gitrboy(@)comcast(.)net

remove the parenthesis

Don

I'm thinking of selling too. Not sure how I want to do it yet. I e-mailed you. Thanks. Larry

joe sch
02-19-2011, 05:31 AM
I just viewed the utube video, thanks for creating and posting !

Very nice vintage tennis ball can and box collection. The video with nice explanations of the significance of the various type of ball containers should really be apprciated by any ball can collector. Do you have any cellophane wrapped balls ?
Best regards, joesch @ woodtennis.com