PDA

View Full Version : Playing with Strangers.

TennisBeginner
12-31-2010, 01:21 PM
Does anyone here every play with strangers at the courts? I usually play tennis with the same person all the time. He comes late sometimes, and during that time I have often had random strangers ask me to hit. I've also had two other kids my age come challenge my friend and I to doubles.

People are so nice :)

Anybody here have an stories to share?

El Diablo
12-31-2010, 01:59 PM
I imagine nearly everyone has played with a stranger at one time or another.

Tar Heel Tennis
12-31-2010, 02:03 PM
Does anyone here every play with strangers at the courts? I usually play tennis with the same person all the time. He comes late sometimes, and during that time I have often had random strangers ask me to hit. I've also had two other kids my age come challenge my friend and I to doubles.

where do you live?

rudester
12-31-2010, 02:24 PM
When i am in a strange town I play exclusively with strangers. I go to the nearest tennis courts and hang out looking for a hitting partner, i call it "lurking". This is indeed a strange question.

TennisBeginner
12-31-2010, 02:27 PM
where do you live?

Massachusetts.

Yeah guys I guess it is an odd question. Maybe Ill edit it, to have people share their stories.

quest01
12-31-2010, 02:28 PM
Yes I've played with a few strangers if there any good. Some people I know will set me up with someone around my skill level to hit with and actually most of the people I play tennis against are referred to as "tennis friends" which means we don't hang out after wards, its strictly tennis only.

I played a girl in tennis, didn't know her or anything and she slapped me across the face.

Mick
12-31-2010, 02:45 PM
at the courts where i play, everybody pretty much knows each other and their skill levels.

TennisBeginner
12-31-2010, 02:50 PM
at the courts where i play, everybody pretty much knows each other and their skill levels.

There's about 7 of us that are there all the time. I don't exactly know them, I just recognize them since I always see them there.

10s talk
12-31-2010, 03:15 PM
a stranger is just a friend you have not met ......:cool:

tennytive
12-31-2010, 09:04 PM
I played a girl in tennis, didn't know her or anything and she slapped me across the face.

That's my favorite line this year. :D

Everybody I play started out as a stranger. As I was to them.

jswinf
01-01-2011, 01:12 PM

Seems like there's something missing from this story...

tennytive
01-01-2011, 01:29 PM

yada

quest01
01-01-2011, 01:41 PM

She thought I cheated on a few points.

TheOneHander
01-01-2011, 02:46 PM
Delete post

aceX
01-01-2011, 03:14 PM
But you yada yada'd over the best part.

No, I mentioned the bisk.

SoBad
01-01-2011, 09:36 PM

Anybody here have an stories to share?

I try to aim to be 30min early for my hits to have a chance to hit with strangers in waiting, to pad my hit roster. I don't like doubles, but I play sometimes for the same purpose.