PDA

View Full Version : How often to most clubs cycle the balls they use?

Robert Jones
04-21-2004, 10:01 AM
I'm wondering what most clubs do to keep the ball machine balls in good shape?

Do they keep them 3 days and just buy new ones? Do they keep them longer? Do they have someone that sorts good and bad balls?

I'm thinking they would have to be spending thousands of dollars/month to keep fresh balls in the machines. Or maybe they just keep using dead ones till someone complains.

Anyone here work at a club?

Do they get free balls from WIlson? I doubt it but I can't see them spending alot on balls to keep the ball machine renters happy.

Robert Jones
04-23-2004, 10:03 PM
I asked my club and they change the balls every 2 months. hehe OMG for what I pay there thats cheap of them.

Why do clubs go out and buy $2,000 machines then load them with dog doo doo balls? They risk injury to the people renting it.

matchpoints
04-27-2004, 08:42 PM
We get new balls every weekend, but we mix them with the older balls. We also go through the balls once a week or so and dump the bad ones into a box which are then donated to a middle school or such......something like that.....

whodat
04-27-2004, 09:27 PM
At my club, the teaching pros get all the new balls and the machine gets all the dead balls. It can be frustating to see one ball hit the service line b/c it is old and another hit the baseline b/c it is newer. It keeps me on my toes I guess.

04-30-2004, 09:06 AM
@ my club the balls are changed every 2 hours

normnmiles
04-30-2004, 10:42 AM
@ my club the balls are changed every 2 hours Wow! How much are your membership rates? That has got to be expensive!

I don't know if my club changes their balls. Usually, if someone spots a bad ball in one of the carts they just through it away.

Smashlob
05-04-2004, 03:50 PM
I know that my club changes the balls four times a year.

ProStaffTour90
05-05-2004, 11:32 AM
Well my club doesn't even have a machine!

tarheelbornjohn
05-05-2004, 12:55 PM
At my club they do alot of events. The balls that are used in matches are then put in with the teaching baskets and the machine. They fill the machine at the beginning of the season and go thru every week and get rid of the worst ones from the teaching baskets and machine as they add the slightly used ones. Also, the players that use a new can every time they play (like me) you can leave the can outside of the shop and they will add them in. This seems to work thru the summer.