PDA

View Full Version : Orange Bowl Winner Stanford U -- Head Coach Jim Harbaugh, should he go Pro ?

Fedace
01-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Ok, now we can all agree Stanford will win the Orange bowl, leading 14-13 at half time. But question is should Jim Harbaugh already proven his greatness as the division 1 head coach, go into NFL coaching ? John Elway at the game possibly looking to bring him to Denver for the opening there. :)
Stanford now Owns USC,,,thanks to great coaching of Jim Harbaugh. With the success of formal head coach of USC at Seattle,,,why not move up to the NFL ranks.

!<-_->!
01-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Up by one point and it's for sure win. Bit premature there buddy.

SuperFly
01-03-2011, 07:26 PM
*Implying that Virginia Tech can't come back by 1 lousy point with 30 minutes to play*

Fedace
01-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Look here. Stanford probably played the worst half they have played all season long and they are still up by 1 point. so what chances does VT have when in the half time, Jim Harbaugh goes in and corrects all the mishaps that his team made in the 1st half.

!<-_->!
01-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Right... And VT will just completely roll over for Fedace because Fedace also has that much clout in influencing college football like he does with Babolat and Nike.

Fedace
01-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Ok now,,,,,,Nice VT,,,roll over and play dead.............

Cruzer
01-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Ok, now we can all agree Stanford will win the Orange bowl, leading 14-13 at half time. But question is should Jim Harbaugh already proven his greatness as the division 1 head coach, go into NFL coaching ? John Elway at the game possibly looking to bring him to Denver for the opening there. :)
Stanford now Owns USC,,,thanks to great coaching of Jim Harbaugh. With the success of formal head coach of USC at Seattle,,,why not move up to the NFL ranks.

Harbaugh is getting a good deal of attention from the bay area media since Singletary was fired two weeks ago. 49er fans like to live in the past and dream that Harbaugh would be another Bill Walsh. And it is just that, a dream.
There is speculation that he can have the Michigan job if he wants it however the pressure to win immediately would be probably be greater than with any NFL job.
In any case if he is thinking of moving this is the year to do it. His marketability will never be higher after the season Stanford has had.

r2473
01-03-2011, 07:46 PM
He will lose 15-14 tonight, be fired from Stanford, and shack up with Fedface.

You heard it here first.

Fedace
01-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Harbaugh is getting a good deal of attention from the bay area media since Singletary was fired two weeks ago. 49er fans like to live in the past and dream that Harbaugh would be another Bill Walsh. And it is just that, a dream.
There is speculation that he can have the Michigan job if he wants it however the pressure to win immediately would be probably be greater than with any NFL job.
In any case if he is thinking of moving this is the year to do it. His marketability will never be higher after the season Stanford has had.

I actually like the choice of 49ers. He might be the best fit there. and why would Harbaugh leave Stanford and go to Michigan ? Unless Jim wants more control, i can't see him going to Michigan. and yes i know Harbaugh is Michigan product.

Fedace
01-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Ok then, should Andrew Luck go into the draft and turn pro ? Is it too early for him ? He will most likely go #1 in the draft if he comes out.

NickC
01-03-2011, 08:44 PM
He will most likely go #1 in the draft if he comes out.

He won't even go top 5. You honestly think he'd be picked over the likes of Cam Newton or LaMichael James? Statistically speaking, Andrew Luck is the 25th best college QB in the nation right now, and you think he'll go #1 in the NFL draft? Get real.

The LSD has really taken it's effect on you.

BigServer1
01-03-2011, 09:48 PM
He won't even go top 5. You honestly think he'd be picked over the likes of Cam Newton or LaMichael James? Statistically speaking, Andrew Luck is the 25th best college QB in the nation right now, and you think he'll go #1 in the NFL draft? Get real.

Luck is the consensus #1 pick in the draft. McShay, Kiper and any other draft guru agrees on that.

I'm an Oregon fan, and I love LaMichael, but he's not a top 10 pick, and he's not even entering the draft this year. There are numerous reasons why Newton won't go #1, mainly because he's not a prototypical NFL QB, and no one wants to gamble with a #1 pick.

Mike Bulgakov
01-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Luck is the consensus #1 pick in the draft. McShay, Kiper and any other draft guru agrees on that.

I'm an Oregon fan, and I love LaMichael, but he's not a top 10 pick, and he's not even entering the draft this year. There are numerous reasons why Newton won't go #1, mainly because he's not a prototypical NFL QB, and no one wants to gamble with a #1 pick.
I agree with your assessment. Luck has shown that he can read defenses and operate a pro-style offense. No matter how smart you are, like Alex Smith, you might not have the visual processing skills to succeed in the NFL.

The 49ers had a choice years back, and they picked Alex Smith over Aaron Rogers. Rogers had proved that he could operate a NFL-style offense at Cal, and had the visual skills to read defenses and time crossing patterns. Smith never proved he had these skills, and was picked for his perceived potential.

Psychologists like Howard Gardner break down the mind to different skills. No matter how smart a quarterback may be, he might not have the visual skills to operate a pro-style offense. College quarterbacks who run spread offenses are a risk, no matter how good they look.

Luck has shown he has all the skills. The scouts are in consensus that he will be drafted number one if he declares for the draft.

hollywood9826
01-04-2011, 05:12 AM
If he doesnt go number one it is because Carolina decides Jimmy Clausen is good enough and they will take somebody else. Then Denver may think Tebow is good enough so he drops to Buffalo who would take Luck super quick as they have no promise at the QB position.

I see Carolina taking luck and if Clasuen aint happy they trade him.

As for Harbaugh I say he probably takes his shot at the NFL. Maybe he lucks out like his brother and gets the right job. Alot of these College guys fail because the team they go to sucks right from the start.

billsgwn
01-04-2011, 06:10 AM

Put down the hippy lettuce man. Luck will go number one if he comes out and Newton may be the 3rd or 4th QB taken.

goober
01-04-2011, 08:01 AM
Stanford will fade again next year with their head caoch and star QB gone. Pretty much any HC that has success at Stanford will leave because they know it is difficult to maintain success there.

Kevin T
01-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Stanford will fade again next year with their head caoch and star QB gone. Pretty much any HC that has success at Stanford will leave because they know it is difficult to maintain success there.

Bingo. Stanford is famous for: 1. high cost of living in Palo Alto 2. not paying their coaches
They have coaches living in campus housing! All props to Harbaugh for a great season at Stanford, a place that's very tough to win in football. But why beat your head against a wall every year when you can go to one of the big boys of college football or the pros?