PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Think Adidas's Stuff Would Look Better Without the 3 Stripes Design

UW_Husky88
01-04-2011, 08:07 AM
Anyone else get annoyed with Adidas constantly putting the 3 stripes on 90% of their apparel and shoes? I like Adidas better than Nike in terms of quality, durability and I even think that they're generally more comfortable, but putting 3 stripes on everything makes their shirts seem so similar and less exciting. I wish Adidas would do a brand overhaul, lose the 3 stripes (or at least minimize it, particularly on shoes) and come up with an adidas equivalent of a "swoosh" like that old fireflower (sorry, whenever I see that old logo it reminds me of super mario haha) and put that instead of 3 stripes. I think it would help their image in the long run

Anderson9127
01-04-2011, 08:41 AM
Actually get annoyed by your kind of Bollocks :)

morten
01-04-2011, 08:41 AM
I agree, i have thought about the same... about the stripes..

SempreSami
01-04-2011, 09:00 AM
The stripes have been reduced to almost the point of not being visible from a distance on the tennis stuff.

Cindysphinx
01-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Ever since the character Sue Silverman started wearing Adidas track suits in every scene, I have begun to notice (and resent) the stripes.

Still, they have something highly recognizable. Why toss that aside?

Gorecki
01-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Anyone else get annoyed with Adidas constantly putting the 3 stripes on 90% of their apparel and shoes? I like Adidas better than Nike in terms of quality, durability and I even think that they're generally more comfortable, but putting 3 stripes on everything makes their shirts seem so similar and less exciting. I wish Adidas would do a brand overhaul, lose the 3 stripes (or at least minimize it, particularly on shoes) and come up with an adidas equivalent of a "swoosh" like that old fireflower (sorry, whenever I see that old logo it reminds me of super mario haha) and put that instead of 3 stripes. I think it would help their image in the long run

huh..

while we are at it, why not toss away the name

adidas??? what that hell is that...

why not coming up with a new name, say...Kine...

no.. better yet...

Neki!

and toss the stripes and come up with a wooshs... and move the head quarters to Oregon...

ps: oh... the fire flower.... it's called the "Trefoil", and if you care to notice, it's three. guess where they got that idea of three stripes?

Tar Heel Tennis
01-04-2011, 04:14 PM
this idea is almost as good as suggesting nike get rid of the swoosh. i know i'd buy more nike stuff if it didn't have the swoosh :roll:

UW_Husky88
01-04-2011, 04:48 PM
huh..

while we are at it, why not toss away the name

adidas??? what that hell is that...

why not coming up with a new name, say...Kine...

no.. better yet...

Neki!

and toss the stripes and come up with a wooshs... and move the head quarters to Oregon...

ps: oh... the fire flower.... it's called the "Trefoil", and if you care to notice, it's three. guess where they got that idea of three stripes?

this idea is almost as good as suggesting nike get rid of the swoosh. i know i'd buy more nike stuff if it didn't have the swoosh :roll:

And you two didn't get my point. My point is that the 3 stripes design is irritating. I understand that these are trademarks of the company, but if it doesn't work well, then the company should consider getting a new one. Nike's swoosh's excellence is its simplicity and how it flows with their stuff, but Adidas putting 3 stripes on everything makes all of their stuff look the same and boring in my opinion. I wanted to see if others feel the same way.

Brb, thinking that companies never change their logo/strategy due to customer complaints :roll:

Applecider
01-04-2011, 04:57 PM
And you two didn't get my point. My point is that the 3 stripes design is irritating. I understand that these are trademarks of the company, but if it doesn't work well, then the company should consider getting a new one.

I actually think it is doing pretty well... last time I went around an adidas store, it was pretty packed with people buying boring three stripes.
And last time I checked, three stripes sell better than four or fives that street sellers have.