PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 11 vs. Fifa 10?

Fandango
01-04-2011, 02:12 PM
I played the demo for Fifa 11 and had to say that I liked Fifa 10 much more.

Fifa 11 is way too slow.

Any Fifa fans out there?

jamesblakefan#1
01-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Fifa World Cup 2010 is better than both IMO.

Fandango
01-04-2011, 02:29 PM
really? I played the demo for it. I felt like I never had enough control with the player.

Feņa14
01-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Fifa 08 was the best imo.

I've been playing NHL 11 this year instead, although it's not as good as last years game.

jamesblakefan#1
01-04-2011, 03:24 PM
really? I played the demo for it. I felt like I never had enough control with the player.

The full game's better than the demo. Same w/ Fifa 11. I just personally liked the gameplay of WC better, the CPU is a lot less cheap and actually gives you time to move the ball.

NickC
01-04-2011, 07:13 PM
WC2010 was too easy IMO, first time I played it, I played with Spain, and on my very first possession, I walked right through the opposition defense with ease and ripped a 35-something-yard bullet with Torres. I proceeded to win 5-0. This was against Argentina on the hardest difficulty. Keep in mind, in this year's FIFA, the computer still beats me 1-0 or 2-1 on the highest difficulty. I couldn't score on the computer on the hardest setting in FIFA10 (granted, this is always against a 5-star team as well).

I did like the graphical presentation of it, though, the camera seemed perfect, and it's a lot more zoomed in than in the other FIFA games, which is nice, but it's more level with the pitch so you can still see the whole field and how your teammates and the opposition are moving.

Fandango
01-04-2011, 07:25 PM
The full game's better than the demo. Same w/ Fifa 11. I just personally liked the gameplay of WC better, the CPU is a lot less cheap and actually gives you time to move the ball.

I agree, the computer in both Fifa's really don't give you much to work with. And I can never get a good cross :(

mr_eko
01-04-2011, 07:32 PM

I've been playing NHL 11 this year instead, although it's not as good as last years game.

I still play Fifa 08. My favorite Fifa. Too bad I just can't keep doing squad updates to keep the rosters up to date.

I can get Fifa 11 for $49.99 at amazon.ca. Should I get it?

Fandango
01-04-2011, 07:59 PM
I still play Fifa 08. My favorite Fifa. Too bad I just can't keep doing squad updates to keep the rosters up to date.

I was just in canada. Its an ok game and the rosters are going to be up to date but the currency in canada is stronger than america, so its going to be about the same price in American dollars.

Breaker
01-04-2011, 08:40 PM
I enjoy it a lot, could do with some adjustments to make it more realistic - problems being how consistent sprinting and pressure isn't punished enough which lets people run around as headless chickens all game and also abuse of the lobbed through ball which is always on target and becomes the number 1 tactic for people who are desperate to win and not actually play footy.

That being said the dribbling is great and the use of the midfield is a lot better than '10. Goalkeepers are better at making seemingly impossible saves but can also be beaten with shots they'd never be beaten by in real life.

I'd say for online it's pretty good if you have a Club to play with since 9 times out of 10 playing with random people in the virtual pro feature results in something a really disorganised game of rugby with everyone chasing after the ball and no one passing.

Feņa14
01-04-2011, 09:03 PM

Yeah, I think 08 was the year Fifa made the break through and took over from Pro Evo. It had the best finishing and net physics which made it satisfying. You have to applaud the developers for the way they keep striving every year to get better and add little things, although they seem a bit hit and miss to me.

With NHL 11 they've messed up the passing system so you can't slap it around and create plays that you probably should, but it's still the game i've played most this year.

Fandango
01-05-2011, 04:26 AM

Is it similar to Fifa 09?

The goalkeeper was just too good from long range to me.