PDA

View Full Version : Gamma String Savers

!<-_->!
02-23-2004, 07:57 PM
I'm about to order quite a bit of multis and am wondering how these string savers are. In terms of ease of use, effectiveness, and usefulness to price ration, how are they

Thanks

louis netman
02-23-2004, 10:27 PM
first off, you'll spend considerable time if you plan on covering the sweet spot area. the babolat brand dispenser (patented) is the quickest and the material composition also feels better than gamma. secondly, it will detract from the feel and will stiffen up your string-bed. thirdly, yes, it will "save" your strings and increase life.

thought for the day: if tennis is important to you, forget the gadgetry and go for what you like. get a second job to support your gut habit. pull some money out of your kid's college fund. you may not live to play tomorrow. go for what you like and be merry!!!

bayousoft
02-24-2004, 06:03 PM
Lasted less than a set. Hope you're not a breaker.

!<-_->!
02-24-2004, 06:06 PM
To louis, I'm not an adult, nor do I have kids (Way too young) I play high school tennis. So, how would the other kind of string savers be, the one that are a dollar more than the Gamma ones and cheaper than the Babolat ones.

Tennis-Rx
02-28-2004, 07:16 AM
The Gamma deluxe string savers aren't bad but they are thicker than Babolat and I find that I end up wasting more Gamma's because they don't always disconnect from one another well and the last few in a chain can be hard to install.

I, like others, prefer the babolat because they are easiest to install, they are thin, and seem to cause less changes in the string bed - plus I waste less of them.

The string eyes are a neat idea but I think that they are a pain to install and tend to shoot all over the place when trying to load them.

I only put them where strings start to fray and they do help to improve durability for synthetics or nat. gut.

Since one dispenser of Babolat lasts me many string jobs I don't mind paying the extra buck or whatever compared to Gamma.