PDA

View Full Version : TT helps me improve my English :)

15_ounce
01-09-2011, 01:15 AM
I just realised how TT forum has helped me a lot with my English. Every now and then I would type a new word without realising that I actually don't really know that word - it happened automatically. I suppose because I often hear that word often on TV or on radio. Today I typed the word 'appall'. I was amazed because I didn't even know how to spell it and I just typed it like that and somehow I knew that the word is related to disgust, revolt, or something like that.

Bud
01-09-2011, 03:37 AM
I just realised how TT forum has helped me a lot with my English. Every now and then I would type a new word without realising that I actually don't really know that word - it happened automatically. I suppose because I often hear that word often on TV or on radio. Today I typed the word 'appall'. I was amazed because I didn't even know how to spell it and I just typed it like that and somehow I knew that the word is related to disgust, revolt, or something like that.

What is your native tongue?

Legend of Borg
01-09-2011, 03:40 AM
TT helps me with my trolling skills.

I'm still a beginner compared to some legends on here though.

r2473
01-09-2011, 06:12 AM
TT helps me with my trolling skills.

I'm still a beginner compared to some legends on here though.

Borg is overrated. Nadal is clay GOAT.

Your mama wears combat boots.

Dilettante
01-09-2011, 06:24 AM

I've also learned a lot by reading and writing here. It helped a lot with my English. Still crappy but at least now I can express more complex ideas than "Me are from Spain me plays tennis on court very nice"

15_ounce
01-09-2011, 06:31 AM
What is your native tongue?

My native tongue is Javanese.

15_ounce
01-09-2011, 06:33 AM
I've also learned a lot by reading and writing here. It helped a lot with my English. Still crappy but at least now I can express more complex ideas than "Me are from Spain me plays tennis on court very nice"

:lol: very very very nice

rovex
01-09-2011, 06:34 AM
My native tongue is Javanese.

Where's Javan? :lol: