PDA

View Full Version : Muzza on Rafa's side of AO draw.

meg0529
01-09-2011, 09:06 AM
I'm not totally sure about how the draw works, but from reading a few websites, it seems that even if Murray is on Rafa's side they will most likely meet in the quarters. (Can anyone confirm this?) Rafa often ends up with Murray on his side of the draw in HC tourneys. Will it happen this time?

This is what I'm talking about in the bolded part.

in R3 seeds 25-32 to meet seeds 1-8, seeds 17-24 to meet seeds 9-16
in R4 seeds 13-16 to meet seeds 1-4, seeds 9-12 to meet seeds 5-8
Quarters seeds 5-8 to meet seeds 1-4

nadal_slam_king
01-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Which part of the draw is computed 'randomly'? I thought only the seeds were definite, while the rest was random? So I thought that'd mean the top seeds in Murray's half have equal chance of drawing him in the QF.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
01-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Murray-Nadal in QF would be lovely :)

Messarger
01-09-2011, 09:09 AM
thread title is a bit misleading. should add a question mark, no?

nadal_slam_king
01-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Yeah strange title, it even has a full-stop LOL

rovex
01-09-2011, 09:10 AM
Yeah, wouldn't bet against it happening again for the 10000th time.

It does mean lights out for rafa though.

meg0529
01-09-2011, 09:11 AM
thread title is a bit misleading. should add a question mark, no?

But misleading is good, no?

;)

nadal_slam_king
01-09-2011, 09:14 AM
Yeah, wouldn't bet against it happening again for the 10000th time.

It does mean lights out for rafa though.

Murray is the favorite, no question. But most people would have said Murray was the favorite to beat Rafa at the WTF too. And Rafa won that, indoors.

Murray is the favorite but he's no lock.

meg0529
01-09-2011, 09:14 AM
Which part of the draw is computed 'randomly'? I thought only the seeds were definite, while the rest was random? So I thought that'd mean the top seeds in Murray's half have equal chance of drawing him in the QF.

I think the distribution is random. But this is what I saw. i dunno if it's true.

Messarger
01-09-2011, 09:16 AM

;)

can be good but sometimes misleading also lead to confuse. Andy is a great player so playing him will always be difficult no? but for sure i will continue to practice and try my best, and if have to face andy in quarters i need to play my best tennis if i want chances for the win:twisted:

batz
01-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Murray is the favorite, no question. But most people would have said Murray was the favorite to beat Rafa at the WTF too. And Rafa won that, indoors.

Are you mental mate? Murray would be the favourite my @rse. Rafa is the number 1 player in the world and has won the last 3 grand slams, how the hell can he be the underdog against a slamless world number 5?

What is it with people today? First Buckethead says 'Roger is in his prime', and now this. :shock:

nadal_slam_king
01-09-2011, 09:18 AM
I think the distribution is random. But this is what I saw. i dunno if it's true.

Yeah I see, I forget about that, when seeds meet seeds it isn't random. Seeds meeting non-seeds is the only random situation I guess. So if Murray is in Rafa's side of the draw then they'll meet in QF. Interesting.

meg0529
01-09-2011, 09:18 AM
can be good but sometimes misleading also lead to confuse. Andy is a great player so playing him will always be difficult no? but for sure i will continue to practice and try my best, and if gonna have to face andy in quarters i gonna need to play my best tennis if i want chances for the win:twisted:

Added the gonna, but otherwise is perfect, no?

rovex
01-09-2011, 09:19 AM

In truth, The only way Nadal can even take a set off Murray is by tie breaks (included mental lapses), which he had at the WTF, but Murray is such a good returner that Nadal might not have those tie breaks the next time

anyhow, WTF is not the same surface as Australia, and we all know how Murray dismantled Nadal on the very same court.

nadal_slam_king
01-09-2011, 09:20 AM
Are you mental mate? Murray would be the favourite my @rse. Rafa is the number 1 player in the world and has won the last 3 grand slams, how the hell can he be the underdog against a slamless world number 5?

What is it with people today? First Buckethead says 'Roger is in his prime', and now this. :shock:

Because Murray has proven that he has the edge whenever Rafa and he meet in a hardcourt slam, clearly, he won USO 2008 meeting, and AO 2010 meeting. And Rafa didn't stretch him to 5 sets. We have to go back to 2007 AO when Rafa beat Murray in 5.

austintennis2005
01-09-2011, 09:20 AM
who is 'muzza'???

nadal_slam_king
01-09-2011, 09:21 AM
In truth, The only way Nadal can even take a set off Murray is by tie breaks (included mental losses), which he had at the WTF, but Murray is such a good returner that Nadal might not have those tie breaks the next time

anyhow, WTF is not the same surface as Australia, and we all know how Murray dismantled Nadal on the very same court.

If Rafa holds serve vs Murray then he'll probably win in straight sets, because Rafa breaks Murray's serve in nearly every set they play. But the odds are Murray will break Rafa's serve in each set too.

meg0529
01-09-2011, 09:22 AM
Yeah I see, I forget about that, when seeds meet seeds it isn't random. Seeds meeting non-seeds is the only random situation I guess. So if Murray is in Rafa's side of the draw then they'll meet in QF. Interesting.

If Rafa is recovered from his bug by then, which I am certain he will be, I am not too worried having Muzza in quarters, then Sod/Novak in semis. Class Rogi in Finals. Me thinks Fed is playing really well, and Nadal will have to bring his best, and Muzza match will for sure be taxing on him.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
01-09-2011, 09:24 AM

I understand how you see this, but imo Murray is the favourite vs Nadal on HC, 7 days a week. Murray almost beat Nadal on a surface where he couldnt counterpunch properly, on the AO-surface he can.

rovex
01-09-2011, 09:24 AM
If Rafa holds serve vs Murray then he'll probably win in straight sets, because Rafa breaks Murray's serve in nearly every set they play.

And Murray breaks nadal in nearly every set they play on hard court.

nadal_slam_king
01-09-2011, 09:25 AM
If Rafa is recovered from his bug by then, which I am certain he will be, I am not too worried having Muzza in quarters, then Sod/Novak in semis. Class Rogi in Finals. Me thinks Fed is playing really well, and Nadal will have to bring his best, and Muzza match will for sure be taxing on him.

I don't mind Rafa playing Sod/Novak/Federer. I'm only worried about Murray vs Rafa, that's the only matchup of concern to me. But if Murray vs Rafa is the Final then I give Rafa a definite edge.

Messarger
01-09-2011, 09:25 AM

I actually dont want Murray to play Rafa at all, given how Rafa generally loses some steam after a match with the Scot. But OTOH defeating Murray and going on to with the AO would go a long way to silence the critics.

Messarger
01-09-2011, 09:27 AM
I'm only worried about Murray vs Rafa, that's the only matchup of concern to me. But if Murray vs Rafa is the Final then I give Rafa a definite edge. I don't mind Rafa playing Sod/Novak/Federer.

***, do you think Rafa will have an answer to Federer's increasing net game?

meg0529
01-09-2011, 09:27 AM

*** believes that Rafa has a best chance of winning when he is the underdog. He'd have to hurt himself really bad, to go in as not the favorite.

In truth, The only way Nadal can even take a set off Murray is by tie breaks (included mental lapses), which he had at the WTF, but Murray is such a good returner that Nadal might not have those tie breaks the next time.

This is absolutely not true. Nadal played a fantastic match at the WTF. WTF conditions are the worst possible for him. Nadal will take him on well this time. Especially if he can get hold of the first set, his chances will certainly go up. I expect a great match regardless. I WILL say that Nadal will have to give it his all. Which is sorta why I like the idea of them meeting in the quarters.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
01-09-2011, 09:28 AM
I don't mind Rafa playing Sod/Novak/Federer. I'm only worried about Murray vs Rafa, that's the only matchup of concern to me. But if Murray vs Rafa is the Final then I give Rafa a definite edge.

ROTFL
Seriously...

nadal_slam_king
01-09-2011, 09:28 AM
And Murray breaks nadal in nearly every set they play on hard court.

Exactly. That's why Murray is the favorite, their history on hardcourt shows he is. But just saying, if Rafa serves lights out like he did at the US Open then I don't think Murray can win, because Rafa will break Murray's serve, it's never been an unbreakable serve.

nadal_slam_king
01-09-2011, 09:29 AM
***, do you think Rafa will have an answer to Federer's increasing net game?

Federer isn't a factor for Rafa's chances, but I do consider Federer the favorite to win AO simply because if Murray is in Rafa's half then Murray is the favorite to come out of that half. Whereas nobody in Federer's half is going to beat him, Federer is a lock to make the Final barring injury.

T1000
01-09-2011, 09:31 AM
*** believes that Rafa has a best chance of winning when he is the underdog. He'd have to hurt himself really bad, to go in as not the favorite.

He already has a fever, that should be good enough no?

10 Sarcasms

meg0529
01-09-2011, 09:32 AM
ROTFL
Seriously...

This one times I give Rafa an edge. Murray somehow falls apart in finals. Nadal will exploit any mental weakness Murray shows. Then again Nadal will also be dealing with immense pressure.

nadal_slam_king
01-09-2011, 09:33 AM
If Murray is in Rafa's half then the 2 favorites to win AO are Federer and Murray. Logic suggests this. Although I personally think Rafa will beat Murray.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
01-09-2011, 09:35 AM
This one times I give Rafa an edge. Murray somehow falls apart in finals. Nadal will exploit any mental weakness Murray shows. Then again Nadal will also be dealing with immense pressure.

Murray might be resurged for 2011? Who knows? There is a first time for everything, right?
I reacted to what nadal-slam-king said that he/she dont mind Federer/Sod/Novak...as if that would be easy matches, nonsense!

nadal_slam_king
01-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Murray might be resurged for 2011? Who knows? There is a first time for everything, right?
I reacted to what nadal-slam-king said that he/she dont mind Federer/Sod/Novak...as if that would be easy matches, nonsense!

I never said easy, but I don't think of a loss when I think of those 3 players. Murray makes me think of a loss because the odds are with Murray due to hardcourt slam history (although despite knowing that Murray is the favorite I think Rafa will win, because I think he will defy the odds this time).

meg0529
01-09-2011, 09:39 AM

Absolutely. While I will be disappointed if Murray won, I would also be happy for him. He has a lotta potential and in my opinion is the only guy that can take out both fed and rafa, but keeps choking up in big matches.

nadal_slam_king
01-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Absolutely. While I will be disappointed if Murray won, I would also be happy for him. He has a lotta potential and in my opinion is the only guy that can take out both fed and rafa, but keeps choking up in big matches.

Plus, Murray is the kindest player toward Rafa. If anyone else was going to win a slam apart from Rafa I'd want it to be Murray.

AM95
01-09-2011, 09:42 AM
a murray nadal qf matchup can only happen if murray ends up in the top half of the draw.

batz
01-09-2011, 09:43 AM
Plus, Murray is the kindest player toward Rafa. If anyone else was going to win a slam apart from Rafa I'd want it to be Murray.

Murray is a bigger **** than you are.

nadal_slam_king
01-09-2011, 09:44 AM
Murray is a bigger **** than you are.

I'm not a "****" I don't even consider Rafa the favorite to win AO. I'm a Rafa fan.

sonicare
01-09-2011, 09:45 AM
At the AO, Murray beats nadal 4 out of 5. He shud have beat him in 07 too but gassed out cos of bad cardio.

Murrayfan31
01-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Rafa would lose if that is the case.

rovex
01-09-2011, 09:46 AM
This is absolutely not true..

So, do you deny that after murray played a magical second set, his level dropped dramatically and let Nadal back in it? Do you deny that Murray played 3 terrible drop shots and giving an early break to nadal in the third? Do you deny that Murray let a 3-0 lead slip in the final tie break?

It was more of a let off than anything else.

nadal_slam_king
01-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Rafa would lose if that is the case.

Murray is definitely the red-hot favorite, but he still has to hit the tennis balls right to win, he can't drop his level or he'll be in trouble, and Murray hasn't actually faced the 2010 US Open serve. So while Murray is the definite favorite vs Rafa at the AO, I won't call it a lock at all.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
01-09-2011, 09:56 AM

I agree, as a Fed fan i would actually also be OK with Murray winning in Melbourne. 23/25 last GS has went to Fedal...crazy...

meg0529
01-09-2011, 09:57 AM
So, do you deny that after murray played a magical second set, his level dropped dramatically and let Nadal back in it? Do you deny that Murray played 3 terrible drop shots and giving an early break to nadal in the third? Do you deny that Murray let a 3-0 lead slip in the final tie break?

It was more of a let off than anything else.

Yes, but that is all part of tennis, no? I mean no one can play 100% the whole match. I think Nadal sort of let the second set go, just took a breather. Don't take that to mean, Murray didn't play well, he played amazing that set. I also think Nadal upped his game in the 3rd set, gave it a final push. If it was a best of 5 I am inclined to believe Nadal would have taken it. Murray's mess up, mental lapses were related to how his opponent was playing. Had Nadal dropped his own level it would have gone into Murray's hands. All I'm saying is that, in matches like that exploiting any chance you get is how you win. Nadal does that really well.

nadal_slam_king
01-09-2011, 10:00 AM
I actually find the Rafa/Murray matchup more entertaining than any other matchup. It does produce a higher quality tennis than any other duo. So I can't say I'll be disappointed if they play at the AO. And if its in the Final I'm sure Rafa will win. If its before the Final then I still think Rafa will win but I realize it'll be against the odds.

TMF
01-09-2011, 10:09 AM
These rafa fans are so afraid of Murray it's unbelievable. Keep in mind it's possible Nadal might meet Davy, who's in his head.

Since Murray fell of the top 4, there's 50% chance he'll be in Rafa's half and 25% in his quarter.

Prepare for the worst !!

nadal_slam_king
01-09-2011, 10:15 AM
These rafa fans are so afraid of Murray it's unbelievable. Keep in mind it's possible Nadal might meet Davy, who's in his head.

Since Murray fell of the top 4, there's 50% chance he'll be in Rafa's half and 25% in his quarter.

Prepare for the worst !!

Davy would never be able to survive 5 sets with Rafa, no sir, impossible.

meg0529
01-09-2011, 10:16 AM

Prepare for the worst !!

Ohhh ya. Davy is certainly in Rafa's head. :twisted:

TMF
01-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Davy would never be able to survive 5 sets with Rafa, no sir, impossible.

They never met at the slam, so you don't know that. Plus, it's hc, more power for Davy. I can guarantee you Davy would be relieve if he's rafa's draw rather than Fed.

Prepare for the worst !

TMF
01-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Ohhh ya. Davy is certainly in Rafa's head. :twisted:

Come on....last 4 meeting was on hc and he beat Nadal. If i were you, I would be concern just as much as playing Murray.

Mortifier
01-09-2011, 10:40 AM
I think that the AO surface is even worse for Rafa than the USO surface, when facing Andy Murray that is.

And as someone said, you can't really counterpunch effectively on the WTF-surface. Murray should have won that match aswell in the deciding tiebrake, but would've could've should've have no place in reality.

But if Nadal is to play like he did in Doha, pretty much 10 out of the top 20 guys can take him out. Of course that's a big if.

Murrayfan31
01-09-2011, 10:42 AM
I think that the AO surface is even worse for Rafa than the USO surface, when facing Andy Murray that is.

And as someone said, you can't really counterpunch effectively on the WTF-surface. Murray should have won that match aswell in the deciding tiebrake, but would've could've should've have no place in reality.

But if Nadal is to play like he did in Doha, pretty much 10 out of the top 20 guys can take him out. Of course that's a big if.
Murray beat Nadal at the US Open as well. Hardcourt is Murray's playground when facing Rafa.

The-Champ
01-09-2011, 10:47 AM
i say bring it on! Murray vs Nadal are great matches. If Murray beats Rafa this time AGAIN, I hope he goes on and win the title.

batz
01-09-2011, 10:52 AM
I understand how you see this, but imo Murray is the favourite vs Nadal on HC, 7 days a week. Murray almost beat Nadal on a surface where he couldnt counterpunch properly, on the AO-surface he can.

I accept that Murray can give Nadal a rough ride mate, but I just don't make him favourite. I also accept you may well see technical things that I can't - let's hope you're right.

TheMagicianOfPrecision
01-09-2011, 11:06 AM
I accept that Murray can give Nadal a rough ride mate, but I just don't make him favourite. I also accept you may well see technical things that I can't - let's hope you're right.

Indeed- Lets hope so. I would like to see Murray win AO. We need a new GS-Winner

tacou
01-09-2011, 11:14 AM

wow in 3 pages no one has really commented on the topic...
seeds meeting is also random except 1 meeting 2 in the final.

Murray could end up on either side of the draw (side with 1 and 3, 1 and 4, 2 and 3, or 2 and 4). If he indeed ends up on Rafa's side he could either meet the #1 seed Rafa in the quarters, or meet the other top seed in the quarters, then he'd have to win that to meet Rafa in the semis.

any of the scenarios could happen because its random

FeVer
01-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Both players being completely fit, I would favour Nadal over Murray and Davy in slams.

Davy just doesn't do it in the slams but Nadal vs Murray is tough to call.

Bud
01-09-2011, 11:21 AM
Murray or Davy doesn't make a difference. Rafa will take care of business!

A fit, healthy Rafa is a whole nother animal in a slam

Kaz00
01-09-2011, 11:23 AM
I call Nadal having both injuries and Ebola after losing the 1st set.

Murrayfan31
01-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Both players being completely fit, I would favour Nadal over Murray and Davy in slams.

Davy just doesn't do it in the slams but Nadal vs Murray is tough to call.
Davy just doesn't do it against Federer in slams. It would be a totally different story if he was on Nadal's side.

MichaelNadal
01-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Nadal vs Murray, I give Rafa a 55-45 edge this year. Nadal vs Denko, I give Nadal a 65-35 edge.

TMF
01-09-2011, 12:21 PM
For some of you who complaint about Murray is always in Rafa's draw at the slam, notice Davy met Roger at the slam 5 times but ZERO time against Nadal. It's about time they meet at the slam for once.

meg0529
01-09-2011, 01:08 PM
wow in 3 pages no one has really commented on the topic...
seeds meeting is also random except 1 meeting 2 in the final.

Murray could end up on either side of the draw (side with 1 and 3, 1 and 4, 2 and 3, or 2 and 4). If he indeed ends up on Rafa's side he could either meet the #1 seed Rafa in the quarters, or meet the other top seed in the quarters, then he'd have to win that to meet Rafa in the semis.

any of the scenarios could happen because its random

THANK YOU! I just had a big duh moment. lol. Makes sense. Thanks

meg0529
01-09-2011, 01:12 PM
They never met at the slam, so you don't know that. Plus, it's hc, more power for Davy. I can guarantee you Davy would be relieve if he's rafa's draw rather than Fed.

Prepare for the worst !

Jokes aside, I actually do agree with you. Plus if Davy and Rafa meet it will be in the early rounds, when Rafa is easiest to take out. Nadal will for sure have revenge on his mind but Davy will have confidence of just having beaten Nadal. So ya it's tough to say who will win. It could end up being a tough one.

Mortifier
01-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Murray beat Nadal at the US Open as well. Hardcourt is Murray's playground when facing Rafa.

I know. I still think that the slower HC in Australia suits Murray relatively better than the USO HC, if you compare his matchup with Rafa. But maybe that's just me.

Hitman
01-09-2011, 02:15 PM
It is very possible that Murray getting 5th seed will make it that much easier for Nadal.

Federer may have to play Murray Quarters, Djokovic Semi. All this before the final.

If those three end up on the same side, Nadal is walking away with title imo. Don't see Soderling hurting him, or anyone else really.

Mortifier
01-09-2011, 02:18 PM
If those three end up on the same side, Nadal is walking away with title imo. Don't see Soderling hurting him, or anyone else really.

It is possible, yes. But I can actually see Sod hurting him if he were to play like he did this week, whilst Nadal only playing at a 80% level. I almost have more confidence in Sod beating Rafa in a Slam than Djoko doing it. But again, maybe that's just me.

meg0529
01-09-2011, 02:19 PM
It is very possible that Murray getting 5th seed will make it that much easier for Nadal.

Federer may have to play Murray Quarters, Djokovic Semi. All this before the final.

Fed will find it mucheasier, having Murray in Q and Novak in S than Nadal.

Hitman
01-09-2011, 02:20 PM

Prepare for the worst !

You do have a valid point. But I'll go with the Archangel Raphael.

Lets hope that Archangel Raphael does not have mono!!!! :(

Yes, and he's bringing all his toys with him.

i say bring it on! Murray vs Nadal are great matches. If Murray beats Rafa this time AGAIN, I hope he goes on and win the title.

Yes!!!! I want Murray to win, Fedal have won too much, time to share! :)

Hitman
01-09-2011, 02:23 PM
It is possible, yes. But I can actually see Sod hurting him if he were to play like he did this week, whilst Nadal only playing at a 80% level. I almost have more confidence in Sod beating Rafa in a Slam than Djoko doing it. But again, maybe that's just me.

Soderling can play him tight, but I dunno, maybe that FO win can help him.

Fed will find it mucheasier, having Murray in Q and Novak in S than Nadal.

And Nadal will find it much easier that Fed is playing both of them also. He can then pick up the pieces of whoever survives.

meg0529
01-09-2011, 02:50 PM
And Nadal will find it much easier that Fed is playing both of them also. He can then pick up the pieces of whoever survives.

No doubt about that. Look, yes I want him to win. But the reason I like him, is because I enjoy his game. So if he wins but w/o any exciting matches, then it's really no fun. If he can improve his serve some more, it will help him get more free points, which will be key against guys like Murray who not only have a great game but can keep up with him physically.

Netspirit
01-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Murray should beat Nadal at the AO if they both play well - AND - if they happen to meet.

The funny part about Murray's being in Nadal's half is that Murray may not even get to play Nadal. Murray is often vulnerable at ealier stages of slams, losing to the likes of Wawrinka (see the last USO). It is the reason why Nadal has 9 slams and Murray has 0.

So, Murray in Nadal's half can be both advantageous and disadvantageous for Nadal.

YodaKnowsBest
01-09-2011, 05:28 PM
It would really suprise me if Federer draws Djokovic again. :roll:

Clay lover
01-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Muzza again? It's an scandal, a outrage!

Nadal really has to get that serve and backhand going if he wants to have any chance against Murray.

Sentinel
01-09-2011, 06:38 PM

;)
and your sig is even better, no ?

meg0529
01-09-2011, 07:53 PM
and your sig is even better, no ?

hahaha. Pearls of wisdom, courtesy fbc.

Love your avi, just too damn cute.

abmk
01-09-2011, 08:28 PM
when is the draw coming out ?

Wilander Fan
01-09-2011, 08:41 PM

It's not a given. Fed met all these guys in wtc and won rather easily.

Wilander Fan
01-09-2011, 08:44 PM
THANK YOU! I just had a big duh moment. lol. Makes sense. Thanks

Anyone know the rational for the random placement of seeds? It seems that seeds should be placed i the draw based on their position.

nadalbestclass
01-09-2011, 08:53 PM
when is the draw coming out ?

Friday

Absolutely!

nadalbestclass
01-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Anyone know the rational for the random placement of seeds? It seems that seeds should be placed i the draw based on their position.

My guess, is considering rankings don't vary a whole lot during a year, you don't want to end up watching the same people play the same people all year round.

TMF
01-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Soderling, Davy, Murray, Nole...all would gladly be in rafa side instead in Roger side. Even Roddick, Ferrer will take their chance on rafa. Maybe Berdych and Verdasco would rather play Roger.

nadalbestclass
01-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Soderling, Davy, Murray, Nole...all would gladly be in rafa side instead in Roger side. Even Roddick, Ferrer will take their chance on rafa. Maybe Berdych and Verdasco would rather play Roger.

Sadly, unless it's on clay most players like their chances better against Rafa.

Hitman
01-10-2011, 12:59 AM
No doubt about that. Look, yes I want him to win. But the reason I like him, is because I enjoy his game. So if he wins but w/o any exciting matches, then it's really no fun. If he can improve his serve some more, it will help him get more free points, which will be key against guys like Murray who not only have a great game but can keep up with him physically.

It's totally cool that you want him to win, we all have our favorites. He may not be my list of favs, but I do enjoy some of his battles, and that is why I am watching him. I want some great matches, and Rafa always delivers at least one great encounter.

True, I agree with you. But his chances are certainly more favorable if he finds out that these three are on the other side.

dandelion_smiley
01-10-2011, 04:21 AM
I really damn hope that if Nadal is to win this Australian Open he'll have to face Murray in the quarters, Djokovic in the semis and Federer in the final.

I'd probably be a 2-time Slam champion if I had Nadal's draws from the 2009 AO and 2010 USO.

Fedex
01-10-2011, 04:33 AM
Murray is definitely the red-hot favorite, but he still has to hit the tennis balls right to win, he can't drop his level or he'll be in trouble, and Murray hasn't actually faced the 2010 US Open serve. So while Murray is the definite favorite vs Rafa at the AO, I won't call it a lock at all.

When is Murray ever a red hot favourite against Nadal?
He has a fighting chance and the result can go either way but that is as far as Murray's chances go.
Red hot favourite ha ha.
Do I smell a jinx?

Turning Pro
01-10-2011, 05:41 AM
I really damn hope that if Nadal is to win this Australian Open he'll have to face Murray in the quarters, Djokovic in the semis and Federer in the final.

I'd probably be a 2-time Slam champion if I had Nadal's draws from the 2009 AO and 2010 USO.

And you'd also have the Olympics and 5 masters on hard. Damn, maybe you should of turned pro...... :-|

meg0529
01-12-2011, 07:58 AM
When is Murray ever a red hot favourite against Nadal?
He has a fighting chance and the result can go either way but that is as far as Murray's chances go.
Red hot favourite ha ha.
Do I smell a jinx?

If you read this forum, it would seem that he IS the favorite all the time. However, i was surprised during the WTf when the bookies placed their bets on Rafa. Despite the fact that it was indoors and Rafa's results on there haven't been stellar. It might be different at the AO, if they end up meeting.

TBrady
01-12-2011, 08:09 AM

Agreed. And if he can go through Murray, Djokovic, and Federer he deserves the win.

He has had some cakewalk draws.

Messarger
01-12-2011, 08:23 AM
Agreed. And if he can go through Murray, Djokovic, and Federer he deserves the win.

He has had some cakewalk draws.

Are you saying that AO 2009 was a cake walk draw? Verdasco in that semis was not easy at all, and then he still had to play Federer in the final.

rainingaces
01-12-2011, 08:40 AM
I am the only one who voted NO.

whats up with my fellow *******s?

Wilander Fan
01-12-2011, 09:00 AM
I am not a huge fan of Murray's game. He doesnt really have a true weapon so he needs to play a low percentage sideline to sideline game to win. His pusher retriever mode is good enough to beat most guys but he really has to be on to beat one of the top 4...which he can do. However, I dont see him ever becoming a dominant player unless he suddenly becomes an angry sociopath like Connors.

meg0529
01-12-2011, 09:02 AM

They are up to their usual hate, and voted "I hope so". :lol:

meg0529
01-12-2011, 09:09 AM

You act like Fed had a crazy hard draw in every slam he won. Fed has been dominant for many years and the field hasn't always been as strong as it is now. Just think, Nadal is the only player that gave Fed serious trouble, and thanks to him, it took him forever to win RG. OTOH there are plenty of players who trouble Nadal off clay, and particularly on hard. People said Dasco is his lapdog, what happened in AO '09 then? When players are on, Rafa has a really hard time with them. Not Fed's fault of course, but just saying.

I think players like Melzer can be very dangerous for Rafa when they are playing well. Heck Petzschner gave him trouble at Wimbly. Who would have called his presence a "tough draw". It all depends. If dasco the lapdog shows up, then yes rafa gets through easy. If dasco the fighter shows up, then Nadal will have trouble.

dandelion_smiley
01-12-2011, 11:28 AM
You act like Fed had a crazy hard draw in every slam he won. Fed has been dominant for many years and the field hasn't always been as strong as it is now. Just think, Nadal is the only player that gave Fed serious trouble, and thanks to him, it took him forever to win RG. OTOH there are plenty of players who trouble Nadal off clay, and particularly on hard. People said Dasco is his lapdog, what happened in AO '09 then? When players are on, Rafa has a really hard time with them. Not Fed's fault of course, but just saying.

I think players like Melzer can be very dangerous for Rafa when they are playing well. Heck Petzschner gave him trouble at Wimbly. Who would have called his presence a "tough draw". It all depends. If dasco the lapdog shows up, then yes rafa gets through easy. If dasco the fighter shows up, then Nadal will have trouble.

I'm far from saying it. Federer has had some easy draws as well (some looked easy the way he was playing) but Nadal has had an easy draw in BOTH his hard court Slams. The only danger was Federer Australian Open 2009 (but he was still struggling with a bad back), I mean look at his quarter and semi final oponents - Simon, Verdasco? Don't make ma laugh. Verdasco was never going to win that match no matter how well he played.

2010 US Open - some Spanish chipmunks, Verdasco again, Youzhny in the semis, the only danger was Djokovic in the final who had a tough battle with Federer.

Look who Federer had to beat en route to his first Australian and US Opens (both 2004)

2004 Australian Open - that's probably the toughest road you could get back then - Hewitt 4th round, Nalbandian quarters, Ferrero semis, Safin final
2004 US Open - inspired Agassi in the quarters, Henman enjoying his best year, double bageled Hewitt in the final, he was that good back then

Federer had some easy draws as well, but mostly at Wimbledon which probably has to do with a lot of players having no idea how to play on grass. At the US and Australian Opens he had to play Davydenko (2006 AO, 2006 UO, 2007 UO), Hewitt (2004 AO, 2004 UO, 2005 UO, 2009 UO, 2010 AO), Nalbandian(2003 in both Slams, 2005 UO), Safin (2004, 2005, 2009 AO) Roddick (countless times at the UO and AO), Blake (2006 UO, 2008 AO), Agassi (2004 UO, 2005 AO, 2005 UO), Djokovic (all US Open since 2007 + AO 2008), Murray (UO 2008, 2010 AO) several times

namelessone
01-12-2011, 11:34 AM

Obvious troll is obvious :)

As it is you will have to live with this regret your whole life. Dandelion_Smiley, multiple slam winner. Ah, what could have been.

veroniquem
01-12-2011, 11:35 AM

Er no, you wouldn't... you'd still be bageled in the first round :oops:

namelessone
01-12-2011, 11:36 AM
I'm far from saying it. Federer has had some easy draws as well (some looked easy the way he was playing) but Nadal has had an easy draw in BOTH his hard court Slams. The only danger was Federer Australian Open 2009 (but he was still struggling with a bad back), I mean look at his quarter and semi final oponents - Simon, Verdasco? Don't make ma laugh. Verdasco was never going to win that match no matter how well he played.

2010 US Open - some Spanish chipmunks, Verdasco again, Youzhny in the semis, the only danger was Djokovic in the final who had a tough battle with Federer.

Look who Federer had to beat en route to his first Australian and US Opens (both 2004)

2004 Australian Open - that's probably the toughest road you could get back then - Hewitt 4th round, Nalbandian quarters, Ferrero semis, Safin final
2004 US Open - inspired Agassi in the quarters, Henman enjoying his best year, double bageled Hewitt in the final, he was that good back then

Federer had some easy draws as well, but mostly at Wimbledon which probably has to do with a lot of players having no idea how to play on grass. At the US and Australian Opens he had to play Davydenko (2006 AO, 2006 UO, 2007 UO), Hewitt (2004 AO, 2004 UO, 2005 UO, 2009 UO, 2010 AO), Nalbandian(2003 in both Slams, 2005 UO), Safin (2004, 2005, 2009 AO) Roddick (countless times at the UO and AO), Blake (2006 UO, 2008 AO), Agassi (2004 UO, 2005 AO, 2005 UO), Djokovic (all US Open since 2007 + AO 2008), Murray (UO 2008, 2010 AO) several times

Whoa, so I guess we should erase just Nadal's 2010 USO and I guess Fed is left with only two REAL slams(without cupcake draws, amirite?) 2004 AO and 2004 USO. Someone call Fed up and tell him the shocking news.

veroniquem
01-12-2011, 11:36 AM
They are up to their usual hate, and voted "I hope so". :lol:
It brought him luck at USO (to have Murray on his side). History could repeat!

veroniquem
01-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Whoa, so I guess we should erase just Nadal's 2010 USO and I guess Fed is left with only two REAL slams(without cupcake draws, amirite?) 2004 AO and 2004 USO. Someone call Fed up and tell him the shocking news.
Can I do it? :) I'd love to be the one...

namelessone
01-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Can I do it? :) I'd love to be the one...

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/09/10/sports/10federer.190.jpg

Rippy
01-12-2011, 11:43 AM

"I hope so" is sorta the ******* option, isn't it?

meg0529
01-12-2011, 11:55 AM

A difficult draw does not mean that you don't win. Dasco had Rafa hang around on court for what 5 hours? Had it been a quick 3 set affair, then okay, Rafa had it easy. But it wasn't. You are telling me, oh Novak wasn't a danger because he had a tough Semi battle with Fed? Bahah, what about the brutal battle Rafa had with Dasco b4 he played fed at the AO? Not to mention, Novak got an additional day thanks to the rain delay. Also, aside from Novak's miraculous win over Fed in the last USO, he's been no trouble for him, same goes for Murray, so saying fed had to go through them, does not mean he had a difficult draw. Point is Fed does not have much of a problem with these guys in HC slams, but Nadal does.

meg0529
01-12-2011, 11:56 AM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/09/10/sports/10federer.190.jpg

LOL. love the pic.

TennisFan3
01-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Here's something weird about the draws, and how Nadal and Murray always end up on the same side. It is uncanny that the Nadal/Andy.M and Fed/Djokovic combos stays intact, no matter which order they come in the rankings, i.e whether Rafa is No 1 or Roger is No 1, or whether Murray has dropped to 5, or Murray is 2 and Nole is 4, it ALWAYS happens.

In fact since AO 2008, Nadal and Murray have been in the same half of the draw - 11 times out of 12 in the slams!! Consider from Wimb 2008 - since Murray became a legitimate threat -

Wimb 2008: Nadal, Murray in the SAME HALF and SAME QUARTER. Meet in the QF; Nadal wins.

UsOpen 2008: Nadal, Murray in the SAME HALF, scheduled to meet in the SF. Meet in the SF; Murray wins.

AO 2009: Murray, Nadal in the SAME HALF. Scheduled to meet in the SF, but Murray loses to Verdasco earlier.

F.O 2009:Murray lands in Nadal's half again . But both loose early.

Wimb 2009: Murray, Nadal in SAME HALF, scheduled to meet in SF. Nadal withdraws.

UsOpen 2009: Murray, Nadal in the SAME HALF, scheduled to meet in the SF. Murray loses to Cilic earlier.

AO 2010: Murray, Nadal in the SAME HALF and the SAME QUARTER. They meet in the QF. Murray beats Nadal.

F.O 2010: In F.O Murray lands in Fed's half. But both loose before SF.

Wimb 2010: Nadal, Murray in the SAME HALF, scheduled to meet in the SF. Nadal beats Murray in the Semi- Final.

UsOpen 2010:Nadal, Murray in the SAME HALF, scheduled to meet in the SF. Murray loses to Wawrinka before.

_________

So by counting, Murray has been in Nadal's HALF (or quarter, if he's ranked lower) 11 times out of the last 12 slams, and 11 times out of 11 in NON-CLAY slams!! The ONLY time when Murray is in Fed's half is in the F.O 2010 (where admittedly Murray would not be much of a threat to Nadal).

Of course draws being rigged is NONSENSE, but it's definitely a COINCIDENCE to see how much propensity Murray and Nadal have for each other in the slams..

Won't be surprised if Andy M and Nadal are in the same quarter in AO 2011 :)

CMM
01-12-2011, 09:07 PM
1:40 :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_cqoJBUPHQ

Clay lover
01-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Of course Murray's always onn Nad's side, he's such a Nadltard :/

Murrayfan31
01-12-2011, 09:14 PM
Murray wants Nadal. His game suits up perfectly for Murray's backhand. Federer is a way tougher matchup for Murray and most of tennis players.

MichaelNadal
01-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Here's something weird about the draws, and how Nadal and Murray always end up on the same side. It is uncanny that the Nadal/Andy.M and Fed/Djokovic combos stays intact, no matter which order they come in the rankings, i.e whether Rafa is No 1 or Roger is No 1, or whether Murray has dropped to 5, or Murray is 2 and Nole is 4, it ALWAYS happens.

In fact since AO 2008, Nadal and Murray have been in the same half of the draw - 11 times out of 12 in the slams!! Consider from Wimb 2008 - since Murray became a legitimate threat -

Wimb 2008: Nadal, Murray in the SAME HALF and SAME QUARTER. Meet in the QF; Nadal wins.

UsOpen 2008: Nadal, Murray in the SAME HALF, scheduled to meet in the SF. Meet in the SF; Murray wins.

AO 2009: Murray, Nadal in the SAME HALF. Scheduled to meet in the SF, but Murray loses to Verdasco earlier.

F.O 2009:Murray lands in Nadal's half again . But both loose early.

Wimb 2009: Murray, Nadal in SAME HALF, scheduled to meet in SF. Nadal withdraws.

UsOpen 2009: Murray, Nadal in the SAME HALF, scheduled to meet in the SF. Murray loses to Cilic earlier.

AO 2010: Murray, Nadal in the SAME HALF and the SAME QUARTER. They meet in the QF. Murray beats Nadal.

F.O 2010: In F.O Murray lands in Fed's half. But both loose before SF.

Wimb 2010: Nadal, Murray in the SAME HALF, scheduled to meet in the SF. Nadal beats Murray in the Semi- Final.

UsOpen 2010:Nadal, Murray in the SAME HALF, scheduled to meet in the SF. Murray loses to Wawrinka before.

_________

So by counting, Murray has been in Nadal's HALF (or quarter, if he's ranked lower) 11 times out of the last 12 slams, and 11 times out of 11 in NON-CLAY slams!! The ONLY time when Murray is in Fed's half is in the F.O 2010 (where admittedly Murray would not be much of a threat to Nadal).

Of course draws being rigged is NONSENSE, but it's definitely a COINCIDENCE to see how much propensity Murray and Nadal have for each other in the slams..

Won't be surprised if Andy M and Nadal are in the same quarter in AO 2011 :)

That's just insane! Coincidence? Hmmmm.....

Fate Archer
01-12-2011, 09:18 PM

Really strange stuff here. How do they know Murray is on the same side as Rafa and Djokovic? It's not even friday yet in Australia.

That is as misleading as the ingenious title of this thread.

MichaelNadal
01-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Really strange stuff here. How do they know Murray is on the same side as Rafa and Djokovic? It's not even friday yet in Australia.

That is as misleading as the ingenious title of this thread.

It really is strange. If he ends up in Rafa's half, then that's 12 out of 12 that aren't at the French.

Sid_Vicious
01-12-2011, 09:27 PM
It is amusing to see Nadal fans quaking in their boots about Murray. :lol: :lol:

decades
01-12-2011, 09:29 PM

ouch. nadal looks like he has murray djok fed for the title....

meg0529
01-12-2011, 09:29 PM

Um the fug? According to them, both Murray AND Novak are in Rafa's draw??? :confused::confused:

MichaelNadal
01-12-2011, 09:30 PM
It is amusing to see Nadal fans quaking in their boots about Murray. :lol: :lol:

Who's quaking? I don't care if he plays Jesus. It's just a crazy coincidence and if it is somehow rigged, I think it's because their matchup is always so exciting it's done for ticket sales and ratings. No one on this page said anything about not wanting him to play Murray.

meg0529
01-12-2011, 09:32 PM
ouch. nadal looks like he has murray djok fed for the title....

How does this even make sense? How are they talking about a draw that hasn't even been released??

Sid_Vicious
01-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Who's quaking? I don't care if he plays Jesus. It's just a crazy coincidence and if it is somehow rigged, I think it's because their matchup is always so exciting it's done for ticket sales and ratings. No one on this page said anything about not wanting him to play Murray.

Maybe not you, but you can clearly see the irrational fear present in many Nadal fans.

Sid_Vicious
01-12-2011, 09:36 PM
How does this even make sense? How are they talking about a draw that hasn't even been released??
That would be lulziest thing ever. Nadal having Djokovic and Murray in his draw. :lol:

meg0529
01-12-2011, 09:37 PM
That would be lulziest thing ever. Nadal having Djokovic and Murray in his draw. :lol:

I wouldn't be the least bit amused.

MichaelNadal
01-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Maybe not you, but you can clearly see the irrational fear present in many Nadal fans.

It's definitely irrational, i'd rather see Rafa have to fight for a title than have it handed to him.

Fate Archer
01-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Is it possible that the draw happened yesterday (wednesday) and the draw is just released worldwide on friday?

Wasn't some kind of draw ceremony supposed to happen (and maybe even be streamed) or does that only happen at Wimbledon or some other tourney?

This got me really intrigued now.

Sid_Vicious
01-12-2011, 09:41 PM
It's definitely irrational, i'd rather see Rafa have to fight for a title than have it handed to him.
I think Hafa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnBKQrqT1ew&feature=player_detailpage#t=48s) would disagree. Im am sure Nadal wouldnt mind straight setting everyone on the way to the final. Even if they aren't the toughest of opponents.

meg0529
01-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Is it possible that the draw happened yesterday (wednesday) and the draw is just released worldwide on friday?

Wasn't some kind of draw ceremony supposed to happen (and maybe even be streamed) or does that only happen at Wimbledon or some other tourney?

This got me really intrigued now.

The thing is these guys are in Ireland! lol. If it was Aussie, I'd be like okay maybe they have inside info! But you make a good point, it's possible it doesn't take place on Friday. So then the players must know?

MichaelNadal
01-12-2011, 09:45 PM
I think Hafa (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnBKQrqT1ew&feature=player_detailpage#t=48s) would disagree. Im am sure Nadal wouldnt mind straight setting everyone on the way to the final. Even if they aren't the toughest of opponents.

True, some match I was watching last year, the commentators summed up Nadal perfectly, he is the opposite of Sampras, where Sampras would be completely content to have a close match and hold serve and win in tiebreaks, Nadal gets very irritated sometimes when he doesn't win easily.

meg0529
01-12-2011, 09:45 PM

You are my hero! I hope one day have as much faith as u! :(

CMM
01-12-2011, 09:49 PM
I want a Nadal-Murray final.

TennisFan3
01-12-2011, 09:50 PM

WTF!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_cqoJBUPHQ&t=1m43s

do they already know the draw? Is tennis getting rigged?

MichaelNadal
You are my hero! I hope one day have as much faith as u! :(

Im sure you probably do and just don't realize it. As much as it's AGONIZING watching an edge of your seat, see-saw match like Wimby 2008 or AO 2009 with Verdasco and Federer... don't you think those are his best victories? Who cares about the Roland Garros 2008 final? It sucks while it's happening but in retrospect, i'd rather see Rafa winning a major while battling, then cruising.

meg0529

I do too, very much actually. I really hope that's not the draw. That it's some nonsense they made up.

Sid_Vicious
That is the exact type of final that induces vomiting.

meg0529
01-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Im sure you probably do and just don't realize it. As much as it's AGONIZING watching an edge of your seat, see-saw match like Wimby 2008 or AO 2009 with Verdasco and Federer... don't you think those are his best victories? Who cares about the Roland Garros 2008 final? It sucks while it's happening but in retrospect, i'd rather see Rafa winning a major while battling, then cruising.

Yes, but OH! THE AGONY!

meg0529
01-12-2011, 09:52 PM

As opposed to the AO 09 final?

meg0529
01-12-2011, 09:53 PM
WTF!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_cqoJBUPHQ&t=1m43s

do they already know the draw? Is tennis getting rigged?

I'm very confused myself. If it turns out that it IS the draw, that would be really fishy. How did it get to freaking Ireland?? Notice they don't mention the women's draw. Do they not have that info? They also don't mention anyone but Nad, Fed, Nole and Murray.

Sid_Vicious
01-12-2011, 09:54 PM
As opposed to the AO 09 final?
Now the 09 final was... pure sex. 2010 final- I honestly expected better from Murray but he got eaten alive by Federer. I think Nadal would do the same to him.

The only final last year that I had high hopes for was the French Open Final, but Soderling folded like a cheap garden chair at the site of a peak form Nadal.

CMM
01-12-2011, 09:56 PM

Of course.

MichaelNadal
01-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Now the 09 final was... pure sex. 2010 final- I honestly expected better from Murray but he got eaten alive by Federer. I think Nadal would do the same to him.

The only final last year that I had high hopes for was the French Open Final, but Soderling folded like a cheap garden chair at the site of a peak form Nadal.

Lmao good one :)

meg0529
01-12-2011, 09:58 PM
From the AO website

The singles draw ceremony is held on Friday January 14.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/event_guide/a_z_guide.html

Sid_Vicious
01-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Of course.
Sorry for the blunt post. Im upset that my email inbox is being spammed continuously by koran messages from some muslim website that I have never even heard of. :mad:

TennisFan3
01-12-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm very confused myself. If it turns out that it IS the draw, that would be really fishy. How did it get to freaking Ireland?? Notice they don't mention the women's draw. Do they not have that info? They also don't mention anyone but Nad, Fed, Nole and Murray.

It seems to me that the news report in the video is BOGUS. But boy, if on Friday it's actually Nadal with Muzz in QF and Djoker in SF, that would be shocking, coz then these guys legitimately have some inside info. Rigged draws would be bad for tennis..

TennisFan3
01-12-2011, 10:18 PM

Well Fed had SO MANY slams in which he didn't have to contend with Nadal. Instead Fed faced a first time slam finalist - a greenhorn - who, before they knew it, would be down 2 sets to love. Fed was amazing in how quickly he demolished weaker opposition, who were less experienced at slam level.

On other hand, Nadal, until 2010, had to beat the putative GOAT (Federer) enroute to EVERYONE of his slam wins. Has anyone had to ever fight harder for their GS wins? So it's only fair, that Nadal too, in F.O and Wimb 2010, got weaker opponents and had an easier time.

That's what we would like to see; how Nadal handles the rest of the field once Fed's done. However it's a credit to Federer, that he's still playing better than anyone else, and Nadal might again have to go through him for the slams. That's just amazing, what this guy does when he's nearing 30..

veroniquem
01-12-2011, 10:28 PM
I just want Nadal to get that historical title. I don't care at all who's across the net as long as they lose.

MichaelNadal
01-12-2011, 10:29 PM
I just want Nadal to get that historical title. I don't care at all who's across the net as long as they lose.

Same here, but it would mean more if it's done in epic fashion.

meg0529
01-12-2011, 10:32 PM
It seems to me that the news report in the video is BOGUS. But boy, if on Friday it's actually Nadal with Muzz in QF and Djoker in SF, that would be shocking, coz then these guys legitimately have some inside info. Rigged draws would be bad for tennis..

That would be "interesting" as hell. It could also be a lucky guess on their part. I'm guessing these draws are public? It would kinda shady if they did something behind closed doors, and just put it out.

veroniquem
I don't know. Winning the tournament in straights would be cool too!
I'm expecting Rafa to get Murray and Djoko, he usually gets the hardest draws.

meg0529
Same here, but it would mean more if it's done in epic fashion.

I agree, it would certainly shut a LOT of people up.

MichaelNadal
01-12-2011, 10:33 PM

Winning the 1 tournament everyone said he couldn't (the USO) while only dropping ONE set, is good enough for me :)

TennisFan3
01-12-2011, 10:33 PM

If Nadal gets to the final, it means he's playing very well, and has a great shot to win the title considering his record in finals.

The only guy who perhaps could beat a peak Nadal in a slam final would be Andy Murray, based on how they matchup. I'm not worried about the rest of the field if Nadal actually gets to the final..

nadal_slam_king
01-12-2011, 11:19 PM
That would be "interesting" as hell. It could also be a lucky guess on their part. I'm guessing these draws are public? It would kinda shady if they did something behind closed doors, and just put it out.

I think they do "lottery" draw public but the lottery machine is just for show, and they really decide the draw behind locked doors in consultation with Laver.

TennisFan3
01-12-2011, 11:59 PM

This video is from Boylesports - Irelandís largest independent bookmaker and they have "tennis experts" providing a preview of the tournament. They do analysis for SEVERAL sports, and the video is also posted by BoyleSports themselves.

So, as ridiculous as it sounds, considering that they are a big bookmaker, maybe they do have independent/insider info?

meg0529
01-13-2011, 12:19 AM
This video is from Boylesports - Ireland’s largest independent bookmaker and they have "tennis experts" providing a preview of the tournament. They do analysis for SEVERAL sports, and the video is also posted by BoyleSports themselves.

So, as ridiculous as it sounds, considering that they are a big bookmaker, maybe they do have independent/insider info?

You are absolutely right and that was my reasoning as well. It's not just some Joe Schmoe amateur video. It makes NO sense. Unless the tourney ppl are lying. Not to mention, for ppl who are betting on this stuff, seeing an actual draw from the website is more legitimate than a bunch of "experts" making claims of such a draw.
Also, if it is inside info, wouldn't they be careful in announcing it like that?

nadal_slam_king
01-13-2011, 12:22 AM
You are absolutely right and that was my reasoning as well. It's not just some Joe Schmoe amateur video. It makes NO sense. Unless the tourney ppl are lying. Not to mention, for ppl who are betting on this stuff, seeing an actual draw from the website is more legitimate than a bunch of "experts" making claims of such a draw.
Also, if it is inside info, wouldn't they be careful in announcing it like that?

I'm glad they weren't careful, and surely there is a journalist out there interested in the truth for a change who will report on this inconsistency :D

DragonBlaze
01-13-2011, 12:32 AM
Surely that video is bogus. I mean what would the point be in having rigged draws anyway?

Anyhow, till we find out what the actual draw is we wont know what is happening. I still think it's bogus and hope it is cause if Novak and Andy are in the same side with Rafa it would make the other half of the draw very boring!!!!

nadal_slam_king
01-13-2011, 12:34 AM
Surely that video is bogus. I mean what would the point be in having rigged draws anyway?

Anyhow, till we find out what the actual draw is we wont know what is happening. I still think it's bogus and hope it is cause if Novak and Andy are in the same side with Rafa it would make the other half of the draw very boring!!!!

That's the point. Laver doesn't want Federer to have to face Rafa, and this is the perfect plan to stop it (or at least to wear Rafa out physically with a couple of 5-setters just before the Final).

DragonBlaze
01-13-2011, 12:39 AM
That's the point. Laver doesn't want Federer to have to face Rafa, and this is the perfect plan to stop it (or at least to wear Rafa out physically with a couple of 5-setters just before the Final).

:lol:

Anyways, Laver may be a Fed fan, but in no way does he strike me the type of person who is bitter. So I really don't think, he of all people would conspire against Rafa! (if there was any conspiring to be done at all, which there isn't)

meg0529
01-13-2011, 12:47 AM

It is very possible that they received incorrect information! Most of their stuff is legit. It could just be that there was confusion. Cuz if it was inside info and they knew it was, they would not go and broadcast it. lol.

nadal_slam_king
01-13-2011, 12:57 AM
:lol:

Anyways, Laver may be a Fed fan, but in no way does he strike me the type of person who is bitter. So I really don't think, he of all people would conspire against Rafa! (if there was any conspiring to be done at all, which there isn't)

Laver not bitter? :lol:

nadal_slam_king
01-13-2011, 12:59 AM
It is very possible that they received incorrect information! Most of their stuff is legit. It could just be that there was confusion. Cuz if it was inside info and they knew it was, they would not go and broadcast it. lol.

Well, they just did. Boylesports won't get into trouble anyway. The AO will get into trouble, and may even lose their slam license.

meg0529
01-13-2011, 01:01 AM
Well, they just did. Boylesports won't get into trouble anyway. The AO will get into trouble, and may even lose their slam license.

LOL, that's as outlandish as the claim that Laver is the one behind a fixed draw...if at all the draw is fixed.

TennisFan3
01-13-2011, 01:04 AM
Yep, it sounded like a mistake to me. Why would they divulge inside info?

Still, they appeared to be super confident and talked of the draw as if it was already history. In that sense it was a post draw analysis. Very strange. It would be a perfect storm if Nadal ACTUALLY ends up with Murray in the QF and Djokovic in SF. That type of draw is too brutal for anyone.

In fact, anyone having Murray, Djokovic consecutively would have had a very raw deal. All said and done, I wouldn't be surprised if the scenario by Boylesports actually comes true. As in one of my previous posts, it seems Nadal/Murray always end up together in the draw. So we could have a AO 2010 style Nadal-Murray QF, as they predicted.

Ultimately, In this AO, where Murray lands, might well determine the eventual winner. Draw will be crucial, as always, but more so this time, because of Murray being #5 and Davydenko/Delpo lurking as dark horses.

nadal_slam_king
01-13-2011, 01:10 AM
LOL, that's as outlandish as the claim that Laver is the one behind a fixed draw...if at all the draw is fixed.

Don't be so naive, sport is full of fixed results both on and off the court, admin and player. Sometimes the cover-up works, and other times it doesn't. And if Laver doesn't want Rafa to win, you know every Australian man and his dog will try to help out. This is Rod Laver we're talking about. He doesn't have to go all Tony Soprano to get it done, he merely would express his displeasure as he has with the 'mini-slam' quote and others will do the rest.

nadal_slam_king
01-13-2011, 01:11 AM
Yep, it sounded like a mistake to me. Why would they divulge inside info?

They probably got their days wrong and thought Australia had already done their "lottery display".

dandelion_smiley
01-13-2011, 01:21 AM
I'm expecting Rafa to get Murray and Djoko, he usually gets the hardest draws.

dont think it can get any tougher than his 2010 US Open draw

Sentinel
01-13-2011, 03:04 AM
dont think it can get any tougher than his 2010 US Open draw
at first i :confused::confused:'ed, then i saw your name and :D :D 'ed

Tennis sensation
01-13-2011, 05:04 AM
at first i :confused::confused:'ed, then i saw your name and :D :D 'ed

Continuing the Legacy of Dippy?

meg0529
01-13-2011, 08:24 AM
Don't be so naive, sport is full of fixed results both on and off the court, admin and player. Sometimes the cover-up works, and other times it doesn't. And if Laver doesn't want Rafa to win, you know every Australian man and his dog will try to help out. This is Rod Laver we're talking about. He doesn't have to go all Tony Soprano to get it done, he merely would express his displeasure as he has with the 'mini-slam' quote and others will do the rest.

I'm not being naive, but that is some serious conspiracy theory! Maybe I should just tweet the video to the Ao ppl and ask em wtf is up with that!

I think it's more likely they got incorrect information. Why didn't they discuss anyone but Murray, Nadal, Novak and Fed?

nadal_slam_king
01-13-2011, 08:43 AM
I'm not being naive, but that is some serious conspiracy theory! Maybe I should just tweet the video to the Ao ppl and ask em wtf is up with that!

I think it's more likely they got incorrect information. Why didn't they discuss anyone but Murray, Nadal, Novak and Fed?

That's true, you are not. I guess even if Rafa does end up with Murray QF and Djokovic SF, it can always be dismissed as a coincidence by the AO organizers if someone asks how the Ireland sports show knew. Or, they may be aware of the leak and might change the draw around so Federer gets Murray and Djokovic :lol:

TennisFan3
01-13-2011, 09:21 AM
Or, they may be aware of the leak and might change the draw around so Federer gets Murray and Djokovic :lol:

Great. In that case, let's all just start tweeting, facebooking etc to the tournament organizers, like crazy. So that they move Muzza outside Nadal's quarter. Djokovic, Soderling etc is no problem, even if they are in Nadal's half.

Quite frankly, Andy M is all I care about. A 100% Nadal can beat anyone else, but against Muzz all bets are off. None of the other players is a Murray-sized problem for Nadal.

nadal_slam_king
01-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Great. In that case, let's all just start tweeting, facebooking etc to the tournament organizers, like crazy. So that they move Muzza outside Nadal's quarter. Djokovic, Soderling etc is no problem, even if they are in Nadal's half.

Quite frankly, Andy M is all I care about. A 100% Nadal can beat anyone else, but against Muzz all bets are off. None of the other players is a Murray-sized problem for Nadal.

Agree 100%. And even if Rafa does beat Murray, it will probably be a 5-setter and maybe a 5-setter to beat Djokovic too (or maybe 4-setter). So that's not a nice way to enter the Final. I know he played a long SF in 2009, but if he has to beat Murray AND Djokovic it could be a combined 10 sets. And what's the bet that he will get one day off between SF and F while Federer gets 2 days off, like in 2009 :lol:

veroniquem
01-13-2011, 09:58 AM
That's true, you are not. I guess even if Rafa does end up with Murray QF and Djokovic SF, it can always be dismissed as a coincidence by the AO organizers if someone asks how the Ireland sports show knew. Or, they may be aware of the leak and might change the draw around so Federer gets Murray and Djokovic :lol:
I vote for the last option! :)
Seriously, you're right, sport (soccer for instance) has a history of rigged draws. A goof like that would be unprecedented though.

veroniquem
01-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Great. In that case, let's all just start tweeting, facebooking etc to the tournament organizers, like crazy.

I'm gonna tweet AndyM: don't go along with a scam. Rebel :evil:
Alternately, you could just lose in early round like you did at USO. Many thanks!

zasr4325
01-13-2011, 10:25 AM
I vote for the last option! :)
Seriously, you're right, sport (soccer for instance) has a history of rigged draws. A goof like that would be unprecedented though.

I'm curious as to which football (soccer) matches you mean when you say they have a history of being rigged? Never really heard anything like that in England or in the international competitions, so was just wondering as to where you'd heard it.

meg0529
01-13-2011, 11:35 AM
!!! the video is now "private" :shock: I tweeted boylesports asking them how they were talking about a draw that wasn't out and now the video is showing up as private! Can anyone watch it??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_cqoJBUPHQ&t=1m43s

Mustard
01-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Even if Murray and Nadal are in the same half of the draw, there's still a lot of tennis to be played before they might face each other.

People were hyping up a Nadal vs. Murray semi final at the US Open, and Murray then lost to Wawrinka in the third round and looked spent physically.

TennisFan3
01-13-2011, 01:08 PM
!!! the video is now "private" :shock: I tweeted boylesports asking them how they were talking about a draw that wasn't out and now the video is showing up as private! Can anyone watch it??

Wow! This definitely sounds shady. Maybe they REALLY had inside info,
Now if Djokovic, Murray and Nadal are in the SAME HALF, then I can imagine a perfect storm.

Of course that draw also guarantees a #17 for Fed, as Djoker/Muzz/Nadal will do a good job of battling among themselves to set up the coup de grace for Fed in the final against a exhausted man.

TennisFan3
01-13-2011, 01:11 PM
People were hyping up a Nadal vs. Murray semi final at the US Open, and Murray then lost to Wawrinka in the third round and looked spent physically.

That was LUCKY for Nadal; an early christmas present from Switzerland. Wawrinka did a similar job that Soderling did in F.O 2009 when he took out Nadal.

Murray has beaten Nadal in both of their recent hard court slam encounters. And the last one was a straight set blowout. Murray is the BIGGEST problem for Nadal..

Rippy
01-13-2011, 01:13 PM

Maybe they just realised they made a mistake?

I can't see how the news would have leaked about an "inside cover-up draw" especially as there's a "draw ceremony" tomorrow.

Bud
01-13-2011, 01:25 PM
The draw is in 15 minutes :shock:

TennisFan3
01-13-2011, 01:32 PM
The draw is in 15 minutes :shock:
It will be women's first for like half an hr.

The good part will come after that. I can imagine the *gasps* when Murray lands up in Nadal's QF.

rovex
01-13-2011, 01:39 PM
I can imagine the *gasps* when Murray lands up in Nadal's QF.

Why would you be surprised? He will obviously be with nadal again do thread is pointless

TennisFan3
01-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Why would you be surprised? He will obviously be with nadal again do thread is pointless

Yep. Like I posted above, if we consider the last 12 grand slams, Murray/Nadal have been in the SAME quarter/Half 11 times out 12. The only time when they were NOT together in the last three years, was in F.O 2009..

meg0529
01-13-2011, 02:00 PM
Maybe they just realised they made a mistake?

I can't see how the news would have leaked about an "inside cover-up draw" especially as there's a "draw ceremony" tomorrow.

That's very possible, it will just be rather funny if it turns out to be true.

meg0529
01-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Yep. Like I posted above, if we consider the last 12 grand slams, Murray/Nadal have been in the SAME quarter/Half 11 times out 12. The only time when they were NOT together in the last three years, was in F.O 2009..

Do you know by any chance what murray's ranking was when he landed in fed's draw?

meg0529
01-13-2011, 02:02 PM
It will be women's first for like half an hr.

The good part will come after that. I can imagine the *gasps* when Murray lands up in Nadal's QF.

Ya sadly. They always put the less interesting thing first.

Sid_Vicious
01-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Looks like the draw wasn't rigged. That irish guy was probably some drunk ******* who was living out the worst case scenario for Nadal due to his intoxication.

Underhand
01-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Murray's new coach is his Mommy, so he's extremely dangerous.

veroniquem
01-13-2011, 04:16 PM
You don't expect to have the only guy leading Fed on hard court to be in his half, do you? Fed has probably threatened legal action if that ever was to happen...

NadalAgassi
01-13-2011, 04:24 PM
You don't expect to have the only guy leading Fed on hard court to be in his half, do you? Fed has probably threatened legal action if that ever was to happen...

Murray has been an easy opponent for Federer in slams anyway thus far though.

Semi-Pro
01-13-2011, 04:26 PM

You should just be happy your boy is virtually a lock ATLEAST till the semis, Murray is not a lock to even get that far with the **** draw he received.

DragonBlaze
01-13-2011, 04:27 PM

Yes, because the times they met at a slam were such a struggle for Federer. I mean the poor guy got pushed to a tiebreak :lol:

In a BO3 Murray is tough for Fed, BO5, so far he hasn't shown much.

Messarger
01-13-2011, 04:28 PM
meg lottery numbers nao kthnxbai

TennisFan3
01-13-2011, 04:41 PM
delete post.

Rippy
01-13-2011, 04:45 PM

Djokovic has beaten Federer in the Australian Open and US Open...

Remind me what happened when Fed played Murray at those 2 slams?

TMF
01-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Nadal is not getting Murray in the QF this time. It's Soderling who has to play him. Nadal doesn't have anyone threaten him in his quarter. Plus, Davy is on Fed's side. I don't think anyone should complain.

Semi-Pro
01-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Nadal is not getting Murray in the QF this time. It's Soderling who has to play him. Nadal doesn't have anyone threaten him in his quarter. Plus, Davy is on Fed's side. I don't think anyone should complain.

Don't worry *******s always have something to complain about. Just wait for it...:)

meg0529
01-13-2011, 08:37 PM
meg lottery numbers nao kthnxbai

LOLlll! I wish it was this easy predicting lotto numbers. :(

MichaelNadal
01-13-2011, 11:03 PM

Agreed, he has a decent draw and should be able to show up on Semi's day, then things will get very interesting.

dandelion_smiley
01-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Both Federer fans and Nadal fans should be happy with the draw, both have absolutely no-one who can take them out before the semis (or both are unhappy, because their "rival" has an easy road lolz)

Nadal - Cilic could mean danger in the 4th round but he's been playing like crap for the whole year, he'll possibly go out in the 1st or 2nd round, Nalbandian or Hewitt could be dangerous for Nadal if they were 5 years younger, what a great 1st round match coming up btw! That's pretty much it, I would be very surprised if anyone took him out before the semis.

Murray - the first 3 matches are a warm-up, could meet Del Potro (but still he's far from what he was in 2009), Baghdatis (if he's in decent shape) or Melzer (the guy is really dangerous! watch out), possibly Soderling or Tsonga in the quarters, if Murray's in good shape (as he sais) then he's in the semis too, only Soderling could be a threat

Djokovic - he's been the most consistant player at the Australian Open next to Federer and Nadal (in 2007 lost to Federer, in 2008 beat Federer won the whole thing, in 2009 lost in quarters to Roddick, in 2010 lost in quarters to Tsonga), first 2 matches no danger, 3rd round could be tricky because of Troicki (but after the 2010 US Open when Troicki led him 2-0 in sets and was a break in the third, I don't think he can beat the Djoker no matter what), Djokovic is a lock in the quarters and there he could meet : Berdych (has got possibly Kamke in the 2nd round, didn't Kamke beat him like in Basel or something last year?), Davydenko or Verdasco, if Novak gets any from the 3 in quarters he could lose a set or two.

Federer - he's got a tricky road, Lacko in the first round (he could win a set over Federer but surely run out of steam after that), Simon in the second (revenge?), third round Malisse/Montanes no problemo, Querrey/Fish (both seem to be out of shape recently), the first real threat are the quarters that is Roddick (on paper, we know how he wilts under the pressure when playing Federer), Wawrinka (if he plays like the 2010 US Open Wawrinka), or Monfils. However, if Federer's in decent shape he should take them all out fast.

I guess the draw has been OK for all the top 4, I expect all 4 to reach the semis (Soderling has a shot at taking out Murray, tho, but as the records show he's never played well in Australia..)

Could this be a boring Australian Open? I think so, till the quarter-final stage at least.

rovex
01-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Dandelion, I swear you got banned?:shock:

egn
01-15-2011, 11:11 AM

You don't expect to have the guy leading Nadal in hard court to be in his half do you? Nadal would probably threatened legal action of that ever was to happen...

I believe Davydenko and DJokovic both landed somewhere else...oh yea Fed's side.

stfu troll. Fed would probably much rather have Murray who has failed to ever prove himself in a best of 5 set match on hardcourt in his half than Djokovic who has won a WTF, a hardcourt major and been in 2 others finals and actually beaten him in majors. Nobody actually has it tough but Soderling or Murray solely because they have to face each other in the quarters. Fed and Nadal got their personal punching bags to face them in the quarters. Besides give me Djokovic over Murray any day I'll take the man who actually won the major over the flunky who can't win sets when he gets to finals.

dandelion_smiley
01-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Dandelion, I swear you got banned?:shock:

I was, just when the draw was about to show up. Good timing

Destro
01-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Does Novak Djokovic pick the draws for these tournaments personally? Cakewalk, as always.

Fedex
01-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Does Novak Djokovic pick the draws for these tournaments personally? Cakewalk, as always.

You are kidding yeh?
For once Djokovic has a tough draw and Murray finally gets it "easy".

Destro
01-15-2011, 03:17 PM
You are kidding yeh?
For once Djokovic has a tough draw and Murray finally gets it "easy".

You're right, potentially having to beat Del Potro, Soderling and Nadal just to get to the final is easy. Wake the **** up.

Underhand
01-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Đoković would like to pick the temperature.

Fedex
01-15-2011, 03:24 PM
You're right, potentially having to beat Del Potro, Soderling and Nadal just to get to the final is easy. Wake the **** up.

I've told you before, will you please stay off the Bolivian White.
Murray is 5-1 H2H vs DelPo who is also far from match fit after injury and most likely no match for Murray.
The route to Sod is easy. Sod will be a test and Nadal, well semi finals it's going to be tough and against Nadal Murray has a fighting chance. We all know that.
Route to final is about as good as Murray could have hoped for.

YodaKnowsBest
01-15-2011, 07:20 PM

You got it all wrong m8. Djokovic just makes it look easy...

YodaKnowsBest
01-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Đoković would like to pick the temperature.

The temperature likes to pick on Djokovic.

clayqueen
02-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Will the draw pattern change now that Nole owns Federer?