PDA

View Full Version : Solution to slippery white paint on hardcourts?

15_ounce
01-09-2011, 05:59 PM
It's obvious that the white paint they use on ATP and WTA hardcourt surfaces cause so much problem for the players, especially when it starts to rain on an open court. I saw Del Potro slipped and fell during his first match in Sydney, which could've been disastrous for his start of the season.

What is the solution to this slippery white acrylic paint? Can't they use any other material that is not slippery? That big white paint for the name of the host city behind of the baseline is also dangerous too.

I read that for tennis court, they mix the white acrylic with some sort of sand to make it more textured and less slippery... but I guess the plastic nature of acrylic still makes it slippery when wet.

What's the solution to this problem?

SoBad
01-09-2011, 06:06 PM
It's obvious that the white paint they use on ATP and WTA hardcourt surfaces cause so much problem for the players, especially when it starts to rain on an open court. I saw Del Potro slipped and fell during his first match in Sydney, which could've been disastrous for his start of the season.

What is the solution to this slippery white acrylic paint? Can't they use any other material that is not slippery? That big white paint for the name of the host city behind of the baseline is also dangerous too.

I read that for tennis court, they mix the white acrylic with some sort of sand to make it more textured and less slippery... but I guess the plastic nature of acrylic still makes it slippery when wet.

What's the solution to this problem?

Lines get slippery from a little moisture, but thankfully good professional tennis players tend to be capable of keeping their balance. Perhaps Del Potro retiring from the tour would be a good solution to this problem?

15_ounce
01-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Lines get slippery from a little moisture, but thankfully good professional tennis players tend to be capable of keeping their balance. Perhaps Del Potro retiring from the tour would be a good solution to this problem?

It's not logical. Players do fall on court. Other players slip on slippery white paint too!

Beacon Hill
01-09-2011, 11:14 PM
The solution is to paint the lines the same colour as the court.

Bartelby
01-09-2011, 11:32 PM
They also painted 'sydney' on the court and that's what del potro slipped on at the back of the court.

Tennis sensation
01-09-2011, 11:55 PM

That;s a bright idea.:rolleyes:

kevoT
01-10-2011, 02:42 AM
Add more sand to the mixture. done and done :)

rossi46
01-10-2011, 02:56 AM
Paint the courts white and the lines blue, not sure what colour balls to use though ???

BukShy
01-10-2011, 03:14 AM

yeah.and bring andy rodick so he can 'play' with the chair umpire too :devil: