PDA

View Full Version : how many coaches fed had

aaziz
01-10-2011, 05:04 AM
from 2003 Wim to now and for how long, i remember him hiring one or 2 coaches for relatively short period like a month or two but now he has spent many months with Annonace and they are still together

whoopinstick
01-10-2011, 06:30 AM
Yeah, he had peter lundgren in the early part of his career, then he had tony roche for quite a while, then he was by himself for a really long while, and now he is with annacone. I think his davis cup captain was his coach before 2003 but not quite sure.

feel free to correct me if I am wrong anybody.

Emet74
01-10-2011, 07:07 AM
Lundgren from when he came on tour until the end of the 2003 season.
Then completely coachless until hired Roche at the begining of the 2005 season.
Roche was fired after Rome 2007, after that at some point Swiss Davis Cup Captain Luthi started travelling with him altho' he wasn't officially called a coach.
Higueras was brought in in the Spring of 2008 which lasted 'til maybe USO '08? Don't remember exactly when that ended but it wasn't long. Fed continued w/ Luthi and began to rely more and more on him and started referring to him as a coach. Then Annacone was brought in after Wimby this year and he's collaborating w/ Luthi.

Also in spring '09 there was a brief trial w/ Cahill, maybe a week but Cahill didn't want the job.

Fed's childhood coach was Peter Carter, he worked w/ both Carter and Lundgren as a teen, but chose Lundgren to be his full time coach on tour.

During the coachless 2004 season, good friend Reto Staubli came with him to some GS's and acted as advisor.

whoopinstick
01-10-2011, 06:19 PM
^^ well said.

cc0509
01-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Lundgren from when he came on tour until the end of the 2003 season.
Then completely coachless until hired Roche at the begining of the 2005 season.
Roche was fired after Rome 2007, after that at some point Swiss Davis Cup Captain Luthi started travelling with him altho' he wasn't officially called a coach.
Higueras was brought in in the Spring of 2008 which lasted 'til maybe USO '08? Don't remember exactly when that ended but it wasn't long. Fed continued w/ Luthi and began to rely more and more on him and started referring to him as a coach. Then Annacone was brought in after Wimby this year and he's collaborating w/ Luthi.

Also in spring '09 there was a brief trial w/ Cahill, maybe a week but Cahill didn't want the job.

Fed's childhood coach was Peter Carter, he worked w/ both Carter and Lundgren as a teen, but chose Lundgren to be his full time coach on tour.

During the coachless 2004 season, good friend Reto Staubli came with him to some GS's and acted as advisor.

You pretty much have it covered!

nikdom
01-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Title makes it sound like fed ***ed his coaches. :)