PDA

View Full Version : Rodge to hold another Fund Raising event at AO

OddJack
01-12-2011, 02:00 PM
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/briefs/articles/90030622?Federer%20to%20hold%20another%20fundraisi ng%20event%20for%20Australia%27s%20flood%20victims #

Annacone : Roger can make it to 20

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE70B7G120110112

of course!

The-Champ
01-12-2011, 02:01 PM
I hope Nadal declines!

meg0529
01-12-2011, 02:05 PM
I hope Nadal declines!

I agree! God forbid, fed bombard him with drop shots again :roll:

I'd much prefer if he just hands over some money.

Sid_Vicious
01-12-2011, 02:07 PM
What an insufferable glory hound...

Federiffic
01-12-2011, 02:28 PM
This is what it mean to be King of Tennis, Roger use talent
to help people all over world in time of trouble, once again he is hero.

I not surprised Nadal fans don't want Nadal to play, Nadal fan care more about tennis match than people who are hurt and suffering. :(

meg0529
01-12-2011, 03:02 PM
This is what it mean to be King of Tennis, Roger use talent
to help people all over world in time of trouble, once again he is hero.

I not surprised Nadal fans don't want Nadal to play, Nadal fan care more about tennis match than people who are hurt and suffering. :(

why can't Rafa just donate money?

veroniquem
01-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Why would it have to be the same players every time anyway? Players can take turn participating. Nothing wrong with that.

JoelDali
01-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Very generous of Roger. Best class. Great respect for Federer.

Manus Domini
01-12-2011, 03:07 PM

cause it flooded a tennis tourney's location as well?

seriously, why just donate money. Use your talent to attract a crowd to donate even more money.

Federiffic
01-12-2011, 03:24 PM

He can give monies, maybe I not understand what you say earlier.

Are you saying you don't want Nadal to play to help people in disaster because it might hurt his chance to win a tennis match?

I was not really speaking on you, I was speaking on man before you who say he does not want Nadal to play, usually you are nice person even though you are Nadal fan.

JoelDali
01-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Roger invites Rafa to these to soften him up.

It always backfires on Rafa and he gets injured.

Roger wins Aussie, Rafa struggles with injuries.

Federiffic
01-12-2011, 03:31 PM
I am Ok about Nadal not wanting to play, he can just give some monies, his watch and maybe one of his water scooters to help in flood.

TennisandMusic
01-12-2011, 03:36 PM
cause it flooded a tennis tourney's location as well?

seriously, why just donate money. Use your talent to attract a crowd to donate even more money.

Perhaps the unfortunate thing is that people feel the need to be entertained to donate to disaster relief.

Manus Domini
01-12-2011, 03:39 PM
is it really that unfortunate that the tennis players want to use their talent in tennis and enjoy playing a game in which they know all the money will go to help others?

15_ounce
01-12-2011, 03:46 PM
I praise Federer's effort in fundraising. But I commend those who donate without wanting any publicity. This needs a bigger heart.. to donate from their heart and not showing it off to the public.

DownTheLine
01-12-2011, 03:49 PM

Why can't he play and donate?

Which seems more sincere playing? or just paying his way out?

nadal_slam_king
01-12-2011, 03:53 PM
I hope Federer gives all his AO prize money to the relief fund. It's not like he needs the money. Instead the public are giving their money.

nadal_slam_king
01-12-2011, 03:54 PM
I praise Federer's effort in fundraising. But I commend those who donate without wanting any publicity. This needs a bigger heart.. to donate from their heart and not showing it off to the public.

I know, apparently he spoke about it on his facebook page the moment it came to his mind :lol:

Bobby Jr
01-12-2011, 03:58 PM
I don't know how people can criticise these guys for doing a charity event. Having an event on TV would have a huge positive effect on the monies collected for the cause compared with people just announcing they have written a cheque.

SiriusTennis
01-12-2011, 04:02 PM

Okay, seriously, the almighty Rafa can put up with a few dropshots... let it go.

The-Champ
01-12-2011, 04:02 PM

Hand in a couple of million bucks. Stay out of the limelight.

nadal_slam_king
01-12-2011, 04:03 PM
I don't know how people can criticise these guys for doing a charity event. Having an event on TV would have a huge positive effect on the monies collected for the cause compared with people just announcing they have written a cheque.

I don't see the point in people announcing they've written a cheque. The most noble contribution would be if a multimillionaire tennis player makes a huge contribution and doesn't inform the media.

nikdom
01-12-2011, 04:03 PM

Ha ha. Roger's exhibiton drop shots were curious. i wouldn't have done the same.

nikdom
01-12-2011, 04:08 PM
I don't see the point in people announcing they've written a cheque. The most noble contribution would be if a multimillionaire tennis player makes a huge contribution and doesn't inform the media.

I think you misunderstand Fed's motives. He feels obliged as the most senior of the top players (having been no1 and all for quite some time) to represent tennis players in the face of a unified response to a natural disaster. He's been doing it for a long time - since 2005 at least when the tsunami stuck.

Its not about money, its about how tennis players respond as one voice and he takes a leadership role.

In your case I think the misunderstanding is deliberate and cynical.

Netspirit
01-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Famous people can and must inform the public of their donations - not because of pride and cheap popularity, but out of encouraging others and leading by example.

monique s
01-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Famous people can and must inform the public of their donations - not because of pride and cheap popularity, but out of encouraging others and leading by example.

Exactly, when people learn that some celebrity donated money, they are encouraged to do the same just as celebrities use their popularity in politics or good causes to help people. Like when Andy gave money for all his aces, he asked the crowd to give 2$, each person and I am sure because Andy is asking, they did donate. If they would not tell, they would be criticized just the same, people would say, "how come so and so does not give"...he's got lots of money.People are never happy......

monique s
01-12-2011, 04:26 PM
I think you misunderstand Fed's motives. He feels obliged as the most senior of the top players (having been no1 and all for quite some time) to represent tennis players in the face of a unified response to a natural disaster. He's been doing it for a long time - since 2005 at least when the tsunami stuck.

Its not about money, its about how tennis players respond as one voice and he takes a leadership role.

I agree with you. Very good post.

Semi-Pro
01-12-2011, 04:31 PM
I hope Federer gives all his AO prize money to the relief fund. It's not like he needs the money. Instead the public are giving their money.

What an ignorant statement. Good job missing the point completely.

Anyways, anyone know which players confirmed to the charity event/match or has it not been disclosed yet?

fedfan08
01-12-2011, 04:35 PM
What an ignorant statement. Good job missing the point completely.

Anyways, anyone know which players confirmed to the charity event/match or has it not been disclosed yet?I'm hearing the usual suspects - Hewitt, Fed, Nadal, Djokovic, Clijsters. I'm sure Roddick will join in.

meg0529
01-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Why can't he play and donate?

Which seems more sincere playing? or just paying his way out?

I think he's shown plenty of sincerity. Plus, tennis already has Fed to be sincere. :p But really, the last tournament he played, he looked sick as a dog. Yes, I know it was his choice to play, blah blah. It's more important for him to recover and be as prepared as possible for the AO. I mean Andy is pledging money too. That's not insincere.

nikdom
01-12-2011, 04:39 PM
I'm hearing the usual suspects - Hewitt, Fed, Nadal, Djokovic, Clijsters. I'm sure Roddick will join in.

Everyone gives Roddick grief about his sometimes deplorable on court drama, but he is one of the few who you can count on for giving selflessly.

obsessedtennisfandisorder
01-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Exactly, when people learn that some celebrity donated money, they are encouraged to do the same just as celebrities use their popularity in politics or good causes to help people. Like when Andy gave money for all his aces, he asked the crowd to give 2$, each person and I am sure because Andy is asking, they did donate. If they would not tell, they would be criticized just the same, people would say, "how come so and so does not give"...he's got lots of money.People are never happy......

But who's donatng the money? don't get me wrong..Fed doing a good idea..but a better idea would be getting top players to donate their winnings from AO to the flood relief fund. Charity events at the end of the day..the public give the money..but public can give the money a pile of other ways..their will be appeals all over Aussie TV the next two weeks. Why not Top Players donate Their Money? Andy Roddick was brilliant idea HE gives Money when HE hits ace.

Why not Fed give $5 for every ace etc...and ask other top players to do the same.

aimr75
01-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Perhaps the unfortunate thing is that people feel the need to be entertained to donate to disaster relief.

People are currently donating all around australia including televised appeals. Alot of money has been donated already without people being entertained for their contributions

bolo
01-12-2011, 04:45 PM
"He can win every tournament he plays, he's probably not going to, but he can win every match he plays".

wow, I can see why annacone gets the big bucks. :)

meg0529
01-12-2011, 04:47 PM
"Rally for Relief"

Rafito is playing it seems

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/01/13/tennis-superstars-to-rally-for-relief/

cc0509
01-12-2011, 04:49 PM
"Rally for Relief"

Rafito is playing it seems

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/01/13/tennis-superstars-to-rally-for-relief/

Of course. You knew that would happen. He is not going to let his best bud Roger down now is he? :wink:

meg0529
01-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Of course. You knew that would happen. He is not going to let his best bud Roger down now is he? :wink:

Of course not! Plus, he's look like a bit of jerk if everyone else did it. lol. If it's like hit for haiti then no worries.

Outbeyond
01-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Of course not! Plus, he's look like a bit of jerk if everyone else did it. lol. If it's like hit for haiti then no worries.

Yeah, you know it'll be like that. There's no way these folks would do something hard on themselves. And this foursome - Fed, Rafa, Djoker and Kim - get along very well.

Of course, if you threw in a few Americans for laughs like the old pros Agassi, Sampras (and let's not forget Roddick!) the tone could take on a bit of an edge, LOL!!!

aimr75
01-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Of course, if you threw in a few Americans for laughs like the old pros Agassi, Sampras (and let's not forget Roddick!) the tone could take on a bit of an edge, LOL!!!

As long as agassi doesnt break out any dollar bills ;)

meg0529
01-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Yeah, you know it'll be like that. There's no way these folks would do something hard on themselves. And this foursome - Fed, Rafa, Djoker and Kim - get along very well.

I know Hewitt confirmed. Not exactly an oldie quite yet, lol. Certainly not as amusing as the Americans either! It would be nice to see Roddick there actually. I love the guy!

flyinghippos101
01-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Lol, I wonder why Fed never invites Murray.

Murray: "Whatever, I don't need to be a part of their stupid charity event, I got Virtua Tennis. They don't mess with me there"

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx120/flyinghippos101/2m64hvn.jpg

meg0529
01-12-2011, 05:04 PM
I bet you Murray plays as Rafa in the tennis games.

But ya, wonder why he doesn't get invited!

DragonBlaze
01-12-2011, 05:09 PM

Ah, thank you! Those are exactly my thoughts but I couldn't phrase them properly. You did a much better job than I ever could! That is exactly what I was trying to get across in another thread. And that I hope as the years go by and Rafa becomes the veteran, he can start taking the initiative and organizing such events (and I am sure he will considering all that he has done for charity already). Ofcourse I hope, he never has to since events like these are always tragedies :(.

rfm29
01-12-2011, 05:10 PM
I feel I must ask the obvious question. How do you know they haven't?

meg0529
01-12-2011, 05:12 PM
I feel I must ask the obvious question. How do you know they haven't?

*** isn't too fond of obvious questions. :)

rommil
01-12-2011, 05:19 PM

Murray: "Whatever, I don't need to be a part of their stupid charity event, I got Virtua Tennis. They don't mess with me there"

Murray is Scottish....

DragonBlaze
01-12-2011, 05:20 PM
But who's donatng the money? don't get me wrong..Fed doing a good idea..but a better idea would be getting top players to donate their winnings from AO to the flood relief fund. Charity events at the end of the day..the public give the money..but public can give the money a pile of other ways..their will be appeals all over Aussie TV the next two weeks. Why not Top Players donate Their Money? Andy Roddick was brilliant idea HE gives Money when HE hits ace.

Why not Fed give $5 for every ace etc...and ask other top players to do the same.

I agree that is a great idea as well! I saw what Roddick did and it was awesome. But perhaps as many other posters have mentioned, maybe Federer does donate personally but finds no need to mention it to the media.

And while I like the idea of asking other top players, I don't know if it would work out. As in who do you ask to contribute? How far down the rankings do you go? Top 10? Top 50? What if some guy ranked 78 is willing to contribute but guys ranked above him are not? Maybe because he is financially struggling (yes I'm aware players in the top 100 mostly earn well). It may end up antagonizing players since they may feel forced to contribute/they decide not to (for whatever reason, I certainly know I would if I was in their position, but maybe that player would rather his money go to another charity, something that means much more to him).

And then if they don't contribute, and the public finds out, that guy pretty much becomes a "jackass", doesn't he?

Sorry I may not be getting my point across very well (lack of sleep), but what I mean to say is I just don't know if something like that could work out.
But hey if it does happen, that would be great!

rommil
01-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Nadal is planning to build a dam and a wall in the flooded areas next year so that he can rest before the AO.

cc0509
01-12-2011, 05:25 PM

I agree with this as the most important reason Roger is doing this charity event. Of course I am sure there is also a small part of Fed that wants to do this for the notoriety and recognition it brings him as well(and I am saying this as a Federer fan.) But, the bottom line is it is a nice thing they are doing to help raise money for people in need.

DragonBlaze
01-12-2011, 05:26 PM
I know, apparently he spoke about it on his facebook page the moment it came to his mind :lol:

God forbid Federer tries to bring attention to such a disastrous event in order to raise awareness :rolleyes:

meg0529
01-12-2011, 05:34 PM
LOL, how sad is it that Roddick got a whole bunch of tweets asking if he's join Rally for Relief, Murray got a grand total of 0.

SiriusTennis
01-12-2011, 05:35 PM
LOL, how sad is it that Roddick got a whole bunch of tweets asking if he's join Rally for Relief, Murray got a grand total of 0.

LOLL, oh, Muzz.
Also, where did you hear that, meg?

Lsmkenpo
01-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Murray already plays enough charity matches against Federer in the majors during the year no need to over do it.

meg0529
01-12-2011, 05:58 PM
LOLL, oh, Muzz.
Also, where did you hear that, meg?

The twitter thing? I checked myself. lol. I searched @andyroddick then searched @andy_murray. Roddick had a few ppl ask him if he'd play. Murray didn't have a whole lotta tweets period. But, that might also be cuz Roddick is a lot more active on twitter. But it sorta goes along with what someone said earlier.

nikdom
01-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Ah, thank you! Those are exactly my thoughts but I couldn't phrase them properly. You did a much better job than I ever could! That is exactly what I was trying to get across in another thread. And that I hope as the years go by and Rafa becomes the veteran, he can start taking the initiative and organizing such events (and I am sure he will considering all that he has done for charity already). Ofcourse I hope, he never has to since events like these are always tragedies :(.

Thanks Dragon! I've always thought Roger took his number 1 ranking more seriously than his predecessors. Pete was content to take his wins/earnings home. Agassi realized how much the position and privilege that tennis afforded him to amke a difference in the later stages of his career. Agassi was articulate and persuasive but unfortunately for him, he wandered away during a phase he probably regrets now.

Roger took inspiration from senior Agassi in being more of an ambassadorand it shows in how Rafa is approaching it as well. Nadal is a little more grounded and more self effacing than Roger, but he doesn't act more like the leader out of respect for Roger (remember this is a guy who looked up to Moya, his senior from Mallorca. He's not one to thumb his nose at authority)

jerriy
01-12-2011, 07:12 PM
But who's donatng the money? don't get me wrong..Fed doing a good idea..but a better idea would be getting top players to donate their winnings from AO to the flood relief fund. Charity events at the end of the day..the public give the money..but public can give the money a pile of other ways..their will be appeals all over Aussie TV the next two weeks. Why not Top Players donate Their Money?What an idiotic idea is this? Why should players donate their salary - their wage for a flood relief to a 1st world ultra rich country? I suppose the very rich ones could do it but if you start subtracting their salary all the time then they won't be rich no more.

So not all of the tennis players are equally rich. Second of all this is not Haiti. The private funds are supposed to be additional help. It's not supposed to be the sustaining force.

Sentinel
01-12-2011, 07:21 PM
just guessing, but seeing him there playing for a cause, might inspire others to donate too (esp his fans).

Sentinel
01-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Murray already plays enough charity matches against Federer in the majors during the year no need to over do it.
LOLLLL

Annacone : Roger can make it to 20

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE70B7G120110112

of course!
YAAAAY !!! thanks for hte link.

jerriy
01-12-2011, 07:25 PM
I praise Federer's effort in fundraising. But I commend those who donate without wanting any publicity. This needs a bigger heart.. to donate from their heart and not showing it off to the public.You are falsely implying Federer said "he will donate money" but as you pointed out in your first sentence this is not simply donating but fundraising. Fundraising by nature NEEDS to be publicized.

That means your pontificating that it needs a "bigger heart" is just empty sanctimonious nonsense since it is utterly pointless to indulge in fundraising without being public

seffina
01-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Let's hope it's more like this one: :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGSRiTo1xOs

meg0529
01-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Let's hope it's more like this one: :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGSRiTo1xOs

That's HILARIOUS.

Sid_Vicious
01-12-2011, 08:52 PM
I am definitely not going to watch this. Looks stupid.

angiebaby
01-12-2011, 09:06 PM

I wonder this myself. I guess there's really no love lost between Fed and Andy.

decades
01-12-2011, 09:22 PM
where murray falls could determine the ao open.

cc0509
01-12-2011, 09:44 PM
I wonder this myself. I guess there's really no love lost between Fed and Andy.

I don't think that is the reason at all. I think it has more to do with getting popular players for these charity matches. Who would you rather pay to see? Murray or Nadal?

jerriy
01-12-2011, 09:46 PM

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx120/flyinghippos101/2m64hvn.jpgSo Mur is a Celtic fan aye?

Fee
01-12-2011, 10:25 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/sport/national-sport/4539177/Nadal-Federer-to-play-charity-match

Nadal, Federer to play exhibition for flood victims
Reuters
Last updated 19:18 13/01/2011

Roger Federer, Rafa Nadal and other top players will play exhibition matches at Melbourne Park on Sunday to raise money for victims of devastating floods that have ravaged wide swathes of Australia's northern Queensland state.

Floods across an area the size of Germany and France combined have killed at least 18 people and left thousands more homeless, with whole towns devastated and a damage bill estimated by some economists to be up to $A6 billion.

"Along with many of the other players I was moved by the devastation caused by the floods in Australia," Federer said on Thursday.

"We just wanted to do something to help aid the recovery because we know there are thousands of Australians who will continue to suffer as a result of this disaster."

Seventy-eight people remain missing and officials have warned of further severe flooding to come, with the wet season far from over and dams already at bursting point.

Belgian Kim Clijsters, Australians Sam Stosur and Lleyton Hewitt, and Serbia's Novak Djokovic will also be taking part in the matches at Rod Laver Arena.

"If the tennis community can also help play a role in the recovery then we should, both in Australia and internationally," former world number one Hewitt said. "I just think at a time like this it is a case of getting all hands on deck."

The "Rally for Relief" event kicks off at Rod Laver Arena at 2pm local time, with tickets $A20.

Top players held a similar charity event for victims of the Haiti earthquake last year and raised $A185,000.

The January 17-30 Australian Open kicks off on Monday.

bezs
01-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing Davydenko be part of it he comes across pretty humorous in interviews.

Hitman
01-12-2011, 11:58 PM
I'm glad Roger, once again, has put together something like this. And it's great that the others are there with him, especially Rafa.

He would have looked pretty bad if he decided to decline, but of course he wasn't. The laws of physics state, where you find Roger, you will find Rafa.

Hitman
01-13-2011, 12:01 AM

Judy - Andy, get ready your final against Roger is about to start in a few moments! Get your bags...

Andy - Mom, can't you see that the match has already begun! Look, I'm on tv, and I'm winning!

Judy - But that's a ga-

Andy - -Stop distracting me! I've got him now, Roger's going down!

Sentinel
01-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Look we are trying to get people to attend and donate, not frighten them away :D

DragonBlaze
01-13-2011, 12:12 AM
I'm glad Roger, once again, has put together something like this. And it's great that the others are there with him, especially Rafa.

He would have looked pretty bad if he decided to decline, but of course he wasn't. The laws of physics state, where you find Roger, you will find Rafa.

I don't think there was ever any doubt that he was going to take part. I mean, even with his full focus on getting the NCYGS, if he couldn't handle a small fun exhibition then I would SERIOUSLY question his match fitness!

Hitman
01-13-2011, 02:08 AM
I don't think there was ever any doubt that he was going to take part. I mean, even with his full focus on getting the NCYGS, if he couldn't handle a small fun exhibition then I would SERIOUSLY question his match fitness!

And don't forget the humbleness! :)

mandy01
01-13-2011, 02:16 AM
Look we are trying to get people to attend and donate, not frighten them away :D
Don't be mean,Sent :roll:

Underhand
01-13-2011, 02:24 AM
Who would you rather pay to see? Murray or Nadal?

I'd pay to see Llodra rather.

mandy01
01-13-2011, 02:25 AM
I'd pay to see Llodra rather.
pff..you'd obviously pay to watch Djokovic.Or maybe watch Murray attack some haggis..

Underhand
01-13-2011, 02:29 AM
pff..you'd obviously pay to watch Djokovic.Or maybe watch Murray attack some haggis..

A haggis-eating contest could be a part of the event for sure.

mandy01
01-13-2011, 02:34 AM
A haggis-eating contest could be a part of the event for sure.
Why a contest? Murray would win hands down anyway :shock:

Underhand
01-13-2011, 02:46 AM

Serena would beat him easily.

Sentinel
01-13-2011, 02:48 AM
I think you meant Murray would win with his hands on his Wii Playstation anyway :)

15_ounce
01-13-2011, 03:27 AM
Oi, Federer! What about when Mt. Merapi in Indonesia erupted and more than 300 people died??? also when tsunami struck Mentawai??? Why didn't you announce that on your facebook??? Surely those events were more devastating??? and what about the floods and landslides in Bangladesh??? What about the floods and landslides in Philippines, in Brazil???

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE70C17320110113

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE70B5AM20110112

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE69P1ZJ20101028

DragonBlaze
01-13-2011, 03:54 AM
I thought Wii is Nintendo, while Playstation is Sony ?

They are. But since Murray is such a big customer of both companies they decided to work together to give Murray a special limited edition console - the Wii Playstation! It also has a revolutionary designed ergonomic controller which will prevent any thumb injuries that may occur with normal controllers.

This is also the reason Federer never invites Murray to his charity events. Murray chooses to donate very generously to Sony and Nintendo and thus never has any money left for any other charity work.

Outbeyond
01-13-2011, 03:54 AM
Murray just announced moments ago on his Facebook page that he WAS joining Rog and Rafa and the gang at this event.

Here's what he posted:

I'm playing Rally for Relief this Sunday with Roger, Rafa, Novak etc. The flooding over here has not only caused widespread devastation but has also led to loss of life - I'd like to send my condolences to everyone affected.

I wanted to help out as soon as I heard about the exhibition on Sunday, we want to do our part in helping everyone who is suffering during this difficult time.

That's totally cool. Better late than never - and he really ought to keep in mind that he, too, is in a leadership position as one of the world's top players. Good on him!

Sid_Vicious
01-13-2011, 03:59 AM
Oi, Federer! What about when Mt. Merapi in Indonesia erupted and more than 300 people died??? also when tsunami struck Mentawai??? Why didn't you announce that on your facebook??? Surely those events were more devastating.... and what about the floods and landslides in Bangladesh??? What about the floods and landslides in Philippines, in Brazil???

Cool story, bro.

FedError
01-13-2011, 04:23 AM
Tickets to watch at Rod Laver Arena are already sold out lol.

Sentinel
01-13-2011, 04:25 AM
Flood relief ?

what relief will there be from the flood of tears upon losing the AO ??

kOaMaster
01-13-2011, 04:27 AM
If this event is similar to the one last year it's a blast. I have almost never enjoyed any exhibition event like that one.

angiebaby
01-13-2011, 04:47 AM
Murray just announced moments ago on his Facebook page that he WAS joining Rog and Rafa and the gang at this event.

Here's what he posted:

That's totally cool. Better late than never - and he really ought to keep in mind that he, too, is in a leadership position as one of the world's top players. Good on him!

Glad to hear that.

Sentinel
01-13-2011, 05:09 AM
where murray falls could determine the ao open.
you mean the "6 slams in a row" depends on where Murray falls. The History of Tennis depends on him. Who is the real GOAT (Federer or Nadal) depends on him.
Gosh, does he know this ? Murray is the most important figure in tennis ever.

Tennis sensation
01-13-2011, 05:23 AM
If this event is similar to the one last year it's a blast. I have almost never enjoyed any exhibition event like that one.

Yes, last year;s exhibition was classic.

sbengte
01-13-2011, 05:35 AM
you mean the "6 slams in a row" depends on where Murray falls. The History of Tennis depends on him. Who is the real GOAT (Federer or Nadal) depends on him.

Yep, Murray is the "GOATMaker"

SiriusTennis
01-13-2011, 05:46 AM
Oi, Federer! What about when Mt. Merapi in Indonesia erupted and more than 300 people died??? also when tsunami struck Mentawai??? Why didn't you announce that on your facebook??? Surely those events were more devastating??? and what about the floods and landslides in Bangladesh??? What about the floods and landslides in Philippines, in Brazil???

None of the players can come to the aid of every single disaster that strikes all over the world. Australia's current problem is very close for them so it's withing their sight and they are able to.

Also, maybe some of them did donate to those causes, we can't really know.

meg0529
01-13-2011, 08:22 AM
Looks like Murray will be playing after all! haha.

Rippy
01-13-2011, 08:31 AM

http://themurrayfiles.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/andy-murray-laughing-or-crying1.jpg

sureshs
01-13-2011, 09:44 AM

Not really. Making it public induces others to come forward as well.

Fee
01-13-2011, 05:16 PM
this will be televised in the US on Tennis Channel, Saturday at 7 pm Pacific/10 pm Eastern.

Manus Domini
01-13-2011, 06:45 PM

Does Fed have future-sight now? Last I checked, he spoke about this fund-raiser before the floods in Brazil. I guess he knew about them coming all along so he could have been able to write on his FB...

sureshs
01-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Fed is looking to get another opportunity to hit with Nadal, in order to try to read him. That was the motive behind his charity exo for Africa and his participation in Nadal's exo. No one plays like Nadal, so Fed cannot find anyone to simulate him.

He also thinks that by being pally with Nadal, he can make him docile in competition.

He has ulterior motives.

Fate Archer
01-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Fed is looking to get another opportunity to hit with Nadal, in order to try to read him. That was the motive behind his charity exo for Africa and his participation in Nadal's exo. No one plays like Nadal, so Fed cannot find anyone to simulate him.

He also thinks that by being pally with Nadal, he can make him docile in competition.

He has ulterior motives.

I think your post has ulterior motives too, Mr Troll.

Sentinel
01-14-2011, 06:52 PM
^^ No no, he's just being his usual brilliant self.