PDA

View Full Version : "Federer ready play"

Lotto
01-13-2011, 03:14 AM
Good article from Annacone.
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/articles/2011-01-12/201101121294806355030.html

The American also revealed that he sees no sign of Federer letting up, and can find no reason why a 20th Grand Slam title is not within the Swiss maestro's reach.

"It's hard for me to put a number on it, so really what I focus on is the process. He can win every tournament he plays, he's probably not going to, but he can win every match he plays and there's not a lot of guys you can say that about. So if he can stay healthy and happy and eager I don't know what the end number would be, but is 20 realistic, sure why not?"

Hopefully he is right! I think it's great to see that he's still so motivated after all he's achieved. It's inspiring for other players.

I have a second question that I'm just going to ask off-topic, maybe somebody could clear it up cause I have no clue. I was having a look at the ATP ranking rules and from what I got from it I thought you had to play 4 ATP 500 events in the year and one must be after the US Open....why does Federer get away with playing one? Maybe, I read it wrong, cheers.

joeri888
01-13-2011, 03:20 AM
Federer doesn't need to be great in the first week. Actually hope he isn't too good in the first week. Just go through easily, without too many hiccups. His peak needs to be later. And he needs to be fresh.

nadal_slam_king
01-13-2011, 03:24 AM
This has all the makings of week one devastation for Fed maniacs, you just know it :shock: the hype has a sense of miscalculation about it.

joeri888
01-13-2011, 03:26 AM
This has all the makings of week one devastation for Fed maniacs, you just know it :shock: the hype has a sense of miscalculation about it.

Not from everybody. Whether Fed can be upset in the first week depends a lot on the draw I think. If he has Davy in his first week, or Nalbandian, or Del Potro.. than anything can happen..

fednad
01-13-2011, 04:33 AM

Enlighten me with the bold part.

bezs
01-13-2011, 04:56 AM
The Anaconda has spoken. :twisted:

Underhand
01-13-2011, 05:01 AM
The Anaconda has spoken. :twisted:

Uncle Toni will take care of this anaconda...

http://www.mobileshop.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/mobile-phones-spotted-in-snakes-on-a-plane.jpg

sdont
01-13-2011, 05:57 AM
I have a second question that I'm just going to ask off-topic, maybe somebody could clear it up cause I have no clue. I was having a look at the ATP ranking rules and from what I got from it I thought you had to play 4 ATP 500 events in the year and one must be after the US Open....why does Federer get away with playing one? Maybe, I read it wrong, cheers.

I don't quite understand what you mean by "get away with playing one". I'm pretty sure Fed has to pay some fine for not playing enough 500 tournaments. Regarding the ranking points, you can see on the breakdown of his points that he has three 0-pointers for the 500 tournaments that he should have played and the points he earned in Halle and Estoril are 'non-countable'.

Li Ching Yuen
01-13-2011, 06:09 AM
Not from everybody. Whether Fed can be upset in the first week depends a lot on the draw I think. If he has Davy in his first week, or Nalbandian, or Del Potro.. than anything can happen..

None of those players have a chance of beating Federer in a slam, in current form.

Lotto
01-13-2011, 12:46 PM
I don't quite understand what you mean by "get away with playing one". I'm pretty sure Fed has to pay some fine for not playing enough 500 tournaments. Regarding the ranking points, you can see on the breakdown of his points that he has three 0-pointers for the 500 tournaments that he should have played and the points he earned in Halle and Estoril are 'non-countable'.

Yeah, that's what I'm asking. He only has one 500 tournament so I was wondering is it compulsory to play 4 of them and why he only has one?

FeVer
01-13-2011, 12:56 PM
I reeeeaaally hope we get an epic Fedal match up in the final. Would be sick!

P_Agony
01-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Annacone > Uncle Tony

Shangri La
01-13-2011, 03:33 PM
has uncle phony commented on rafa's current form?