PDA

View Full Version : what do you do

aaziz
01-13-2011, 06:06 AM
when your favorite player looses early in GS. i looses all my interest when fed lost early in FO & Wim last year

dandelion_smiley
01-13-2011, 06:13 AM
when your favorite player looses early in GS. i looses all my interest when fed lost early in FO & Wim last year

same, I didn't care who won the tournaments as long as it wasn't Nadal and what would you know, Nadal won all 3 lolz

Totai
01-13-2011, 06:25 AM
I am a fan of the game, so I try to watch as many matches as I can regardless if my favourite player loses early or not.

By the way, you really need to work on improving your thread titles.

Andres
01-13-2011, 06:32 AM
My favourite players rarely go deep in GS tournaments (except perhaps Wimbledon) so it's OK to me :p

The rest of the time, I sit back and watch Nalbandian. When Nalbandian crashes, I watch Nadal while peeking what Del Potro is doing :)

aphex
01-13-2011, 06:35 AM
My favourite players rarely go deep in GS tournaments (except perhaps Wimbledon) so it's OK to me :p

The rest of the time, I sit back and watch Nalbandian. When Nalbandian crashes, I watch Nadal while peeking what Del Potro is doing :)

Do u support Delpo or Ralph when they play against each other?

cknobman
01-13-2011, 06:40 AM
I usually watch even though my favorite player is gone with a few exceptions the most recent being Wimbledon 2010 final with that @ssclown tool Berdych. We all knew he would get wiped by Nadal.

ksbh
01-13-2011, 06:40 AM
Watch a Sunny Deol movie.

8F93W5
01-13-2011, 06:43 AM

He lost early? 2nd round? I thought he made the quarters. Not early enough for me. I think at Wimbledon he forgot his purse. Not sure what happened in France.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=335313

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/jon_wertheim/07/08/federer.mail/index.html

The-Champ
01-13-2011, 06:43 AM
same, I didn't care who won the tournaments as long as it wasn't Nadal and what would you know, Nadal won all 3 lolz

if Nadal wins his fourth, the last thing you will be posting is your suicide note.

Alchemy-Z
01-13-2011, 06:50 AM
I typically pull for anyone outside the top 10 against anyone in the top 10 ( I like under dog wins)

with in the top 10 I just watch for good tennis and not to concerned on the out come.

only time I really pulled for a top 10 has been.

Fed- @ the FO so he could get his Slam
Rafa- @ the USO so he could get his Slam
Fed - @ WIM for #15GS for Petes Record
Murray - @ AO 2010 final fed had plenty of hardware and the Brits havent had a win in a while.

and I will be pulling for Rafa in the FO If he gets a chance to be Borgs record.

Hitman
01-13-2011, 06:54 AM
Love my favorites, but love the game more. So I will watch it through no matter what happens.

stanton warrior
01-13-2011, 06:59 AM
These days I don't really care much as long as there are still exciting match-ups in the tournament.

When I started watching tennis I couldn't stand to see my favorites lose. Especially Nalbandian disappointed me many times after his amazing indoor season in 2007.

Ironically I started playing tennis because I was so disappointed of the quality of the Roland Garros 2008 final. That day I picked up my first racquet. These days I can't even imagine not playing tennis.

Bud
01-13-2011, 07:08 AM

Become a Nadal fan ;)

dlk
01-13-2011, 07:15 AM
Have no favorites, so I watch all the matches I can; though my interest does accelerate as the tourney progresses/stakes become higher:)

bezs
01-13-2011, 07:24 AM
Cry myself a river and hope i don't drown in it. :cry:

Kidding aside i do watch the rest of the matches just that i won't be that into it unless it was a real gripping match.

kOaMaster
01-13-2011, 07:30 AM
depends. I wasn't really interested in the us open final last year, but I always watch wimbledon (as it's my favorite tournament) and the I followed/watched as well

Sentinel
01-13-2011, 07:38 AM
what do you do

I am a money-launderer.

ksbh
01-13-2011, 08:55 AM
A kid on the street that didn't have money to buy a meal now has money to launder? What, have you been stealing? :)

what do you do

I am a money-launderer.

sureshs
01-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Watch a Sunny Deol movie.

LOL............

djNEiGht
01-13-2011, 09:42 AM
unlike other sports, mostly mainstream sports, when my favorite team is out i don't usually watch the finals.

tennis i will watch regardless...

angiebaby
01-13-2011, 10:07 AM
For a second I thought the title of this thread was a 'Speed' reference and read it out in my best Dennis Hopper impression. Sad I know.

Andres
01-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Do u support Delpo or Ralph when they play against each other?
None. Don't have any preference between em. It'll depend on the slam. USO 2009 I was puzzled. I wanted Delpo to win his 1st slam, and Nadal to complete the Career slam. So I just sat back and enjoyed the show.

Hood_Man
01-13-2011, 10:53 AM
For a second I thought the title of this thread was a 'Speed' reference and read it out in my best Dennis Hopper impression. Sad I know.

Read it out loud or read it in your head? Because if it's the second I think we've all got pretty darn uncanny Dennis Hopper impressions ;)

I didn't lose interest in Wimbledon until Murray and Djokovic went out in the semi's, because I knew then that the final would be a foregone conclusion. I remember being criticised at the time for being unkind to Berdych but frankly, how anyone could have thought it would be a competitive match is beyond me. I think 2006 was the last time he won a set of Nadal?

Nadal was frankly giving him that break at the beginning of the 2nd set and he couldn't take it, and promptly tightened up whenever he got close to the tail end of a set.

The French Open however... I genuinely thought Soderling would do it, so I had a lot of anticipation for that match.

Sentinel
01-13-2011, 07:24 PM
A kid on the street that didn't have money to buy a meal now has money to launder? What, have you been stealing? :)
Have you got any black money? if not, be quiet, okay! :D